+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pop Master - Champions League

Pop Master - Champions League

Started Tuesday, anyone been listening? I'm lucky if I can get three correct, whereas on the normal Pop Master I'd say I'm an 18-21 average.
    A lady from Cardiff was in the lead after day two, but she's fallen behind a bit.
    Anyone on here been on or tried to get on Pop Master?

Re: Pop Master - Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Started Tuesday, anyone been listening? I'm lucky if I can get three correct, whereas on the normal Pop Master I'd say I'm an 18-21 average.
    A lady from Cardiff was in the lead after day two, but she's fallen behind a bit.
    Anyone on here been on or tried to get on Pop Master?
    I would be lucky to get 4.

I love it. Try and arrange my work appointments so that I’m in my car when it’s on. I heard it yesterday and got 3 or 4 right. Very hit and miss though. I have had the occasional 30 and the odd 3. Usually average around 15.

Our dear departed friend Dr Pop (Mark Watkins), I think won it one year, not sure.
    But I think he definitely got to the final 2.
    Maybe someone else got a better memory of it

I tried to get on once but no joy. However I did win a RW brolly on Jason Mohammed’s Quizbreak......isn’t google wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I tried to get on once but no joy. However I did win a RW brolly on Jason Mohammed’s Quizbreak......isn’t google wonderful!
    What's the criteria when you ring up? I'm guessing they ask you a few music questions and if you've met anyone famous or have any funny stories etc.
    I think if I got through I'd be rubbish due to the pressure. Easy from the comfort of your chair with a brew in your hand.

The one bloke was shit hot today, only had his 7 point question wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He was amazing.

He knew his onions. Ended up on 86 points. That's going to take some beating.

He knew his onions. Ended up on 86 points. That's going to take some beating.
    should get into the final with 86

The questions seem to be a bit easier this year. Last year I'd be lucky if I got more than one correct. I'm averaging three this time round.

Someone scored 91 today
    Perhaps Mr 86 wont reach the final.

Someone scored 91 today
    Perhaps Mr 86 wont reach the final.
    He was excellent yesterday. What about Ken buggering it up today eh, thinking the blind cricketer had got 86, it was the contestant who actually corrected him, telling Ken he only had 85.

He was excellent yesterday. What about Ken buggering it up today eh, thinking the blind cricketer had got 86, it was the contestant who actually corrected him, telling Ken he only had 85.
    Yeah I cringed for Ken when the mistake was pointed out. He's usually faultless, but he forgot to ask what category they were picking a few times too.
    What's the format for the final? Do they keep their scores of 86 and 91 or start from scratch?

Yeah I cringed for Ken when the mistake was pointed out. He's usually faultless, but he forgot to ask what category they were picking a few times too.
    What's the format for the final? Do they keep their scores of 86 and 91 or start from scratch?
    They start on the scores they’ve got, so one will be 5 ahead.

I was surprised the blind guy got the Jason Orange question wrong. You could also tell that Ken was getting a tad irritated when he kept talking and talking about his cricket awards.

The questions seem to be a bit easier this year. Last year I'd be lucky if I got more than one correct. I'm averaging three this time round.
    my thoughts too...a few deciders in the higher end but definitely dumbed down for the first 5 or 6.

I normally get 20-30 but these people this past week have been sheer anoraks.

The finalists today were just from another planet; a planet where thankfully I do not live.

...today's questions went up two notches in difficulty..

I got one out of the twenty correct and that was a guess
    Not one contestant had a 'year question' wrong throughout the tournament! That's impressive in a geeky sort of way.