Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
Lets dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.WE are going to get bad results,we all knew that.
At the start of the season I would have snatched your hand off to be where are now.Keep in touch until the new year a couple of good signings and go again.
Just one complaint i have is do the players need a Xmas party.After last years party our form dipped. Plenty of time to party at the end of the season. I suppose it was part of building team spirit.
I agree with your first paragraph, but we took four points from our first two matches immediately following last year's players' Christmas party - the notion I've seen expressed on here that it was somehow responsible for our four straight losses over the holiday period is not true in reality. As for yesterday, we were beaten by a better squad than ours on paper (as is the case in every match we play) who happened to play better than they normally do going forward - I'd like to see what would happen if we decided to try and attack our opponents from the start in one game, but I suspect the outcome would be the same as it's proving to be when we sit back and defend.