+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We need to get another midfielder in to complement Arter and Camarasa..

We need to get another midfielder in to complement Arter and Camarasa..

..because Gunnarsson isn't the answer! He ball watches, chases shadows most of the time, however, he is good at pointing where his teammates should have been.

Re: We need to get another midfielder in to complement Arter and Camarasa..

terrible this season, don't know how he is called defensive midfielder,

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    ..because Gunnarsson isn't the answer! He ball watches, chases shadows most of the time, however, he is good at pointing where his teammates should have been.
    Gunnar has had a stinking game, but Camarasa and Arter seem immune of Criticism, they've offered zero as well, both getting pulled about like a pit bull with a rag doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Gunnar has had a stinking game, but Camarasa and Arter seem immune of Criticism, they've offered zero as well, both getting pulled about like a pit bull with a rag doll.
    Agree. Toothless in midfield

[QUOTE=bluesince 52;4932899]terrible this season, don't know how he is called defensive midfielder
    Gunner since he’s returned from injury has been our best player that’s why we have started winning our home matches!
    He is our most experienced player having captained his country in World Cups and the the Euros as a defensive midfielder, that’s why Warnock keeps picking him?

Our best performances have seen Gunner been instrumental. Truth is our midfield is ok it's just other teams are much better.
    Arter and Morrison have probably missed 10 decent chances between them

buffon WAS italy greatest keeper i don't see him on the team sheet very often now.so what you are saying is that I'm not allowed an opinion but you are DONUT

Quote Originally Posted by bluesince 52 View Post
    buffon WAS italy greatest keeper i don't see him on the team sheet very often now.so what you are saying is that I'm not allowed an opinion but you are DONUT
    But your opinion is disregarding each of the home games we've had since he's entered the team this year. Maybe Gunnarson's game isn't suited to away performances in the premier league?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But your opinion is disregarding each of the home games we've had since he's entered the team this year. Maybe Gunnarson's game isn't suited to away performances in the premier league?
    I think that's a good shout. We're much more defensive away from home and i don't think that suits Gunnar, infact i don't think it suits any of our players. At home you occasionally see him breaking the lines and trying to dictate play, anticipating second balls etc. Away from home we set up differently. Maybe it doesn't suit him.

maybe his game isn't suited for away games, but why pick him then.maybe we got nobody else's,today watford tore another hole in us from midfield.

Why do we set up this way away from home? It clearly doesn't work

[QUOTE=Ianto13;4932952]
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesince 52 View Post
    terrible this season, don't know how he is called defensive midfielder
    Gunner since he’s returned from injury has been our best player that’s why we have started winning our home matches!
    He is our most experienced player having captained his country in World Cups and the the Euros as a defensive midfielder, that’s why Warnock keeps picking him?
    He definitely hasnt been our best player. Unless you want to forget the errors leading to goals against.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that's a good shout. We're much more defensive away from home and i don't think that suits Gunnar, infact i don't think it suits any of our players. At home you occasionally see him breaking the lines and trying to dictate play, anticipating second balls etc. Away from home we set up differently. Maybe it doesn't suit him.
    It makes sense, our home form is so different from our away results ,however we did reasonably well against Everton and Spurs.

Lets dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.WE are going to get bad results,we all knew that.
    At the start of the season I would have snatched your hand off to be where are now.Keep in touch until the new year a couple of good signings and go again.
    Just one complaint i have is do the players need a Xmas party.After last years party our form dipped. Plenty of time to party at the end of the season. I suppose it was part of building team spirit.

Without reinforcements we still odds on for the drop. 1 point away from home is shocking

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Our best performances have seen Gunner been instrumental. Truth is our midfield is ok it's just other teams are much better.
    Arter and Morrison have probably missed 10 decent chances between them
    Eh?

.. if other teams' midfields are better than ours, then that means our midfield is NOT good enough, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Lets dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.WE are going to get bad results,we all knew that.
    At the start of the season I would have snatched your hand off to be where are now.Keep in touch until the new year a couple of good signings and go again.
    Just one complaint i have is do the players need a Xmas party.After last years party our form dipped. Plenty of time to party at the end of the season. I suppose it was part of building team spirit.
    I agree with your first paragraph, but we took four points from our first two matches immediately following last year's players' Christmas party - the notion I've seen expressed on here that it was somehow responsible for our four straight losses over the holiday period is not true in reality. As for yesterday, we were beaten by a better squad than ours on paper (as is the case in every match we play) who happened to play better than they normally do going forward - I'd like to see what would happen if we decided to try and attack our opponents from the start in one game, but I suspect the outcome would be the same as it's proving to be when we sit back and defend.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with your first paragraph, but we took four points from our first two matches immediately following last year's players' Christmas party - the notion I've seen expressed on here that it was somehow responsible for our four straight losses over the holiday period is not true in reality. As for yesterday, we were beaten by a better squad than ours on paper (as is the case in every match we play) who happened to play better than they normally do going forward - I'd like to see what would happen if we decided to try and attack our opponents from the start in one game, but I suspect the outcome would be the same as it's proving to be when we sit back and defend.
    That period before Watford scored their goal, they (Watford) looked lacking in confidence. Too many backward passes, passes going astray and just generally looking like a side short of confidence, even the home crowd had started to get a little restless. We should have seized the initiative and stepped up our own game, instead you could see players more intent on adhereing to the rigid formation that had been drilled into them. There seemed an inability or reluctance to think for themselves and read the game that was unfolding in front of them.

Watford were made to look like world-beaters at times, however, that was more down to our own ineptitude more than anything else.

Joe Allan

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Our poor Christmas form was due mainly to tiredness and injuries.
    We missed our captain and talisman for all 4 and if I remember correctly we had a few others out too.

I agree completely on your view of yesterday although what was worrying for me is that we looked timid and disorganised- timid, not for the first time away. Disorganised though, that is rare

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Joe Allan
    Can he play defence?