Shots: 1
    On: 0
    Off: 1
    Blocked: 1
    Take Ons: 4
    Failed: 3
    Success: 1

Re: Murphy First Half Stats

He was awful and he seems to think any contact on him is a foul.

I feel sorry for him, whenever he receives the ball, which isn't very often, there isn't a City player supporting him or making themselves available so he plays for the foul as he has no outlet. On other occasions he looks like he feels that he has to do something as he doesn't see much of the ball. He needs to learn how to compose himself a bit more but when there's little support around you, an outlet, then i can understand why he can make those poor decisions. He needs some support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I feel sorry for him, whenever he receives the ball, which isn't very often, there isn't a City player supporting him or making themselves available so he plays for the foul as he has no outlet. On other occasions he looks like he feels that he has to do something as he doesn't see much of the ball. He needs to learn how to compose himself a bit more but when there's little support around you, an outlet, then i can understand why he can make those poor decisions. He needs some support.
    We looked better when Reid came on and we had more options and pressed higher.

Gunnar was terrible. Sat virtually on Morrison’s toes whilst Watford played around him and gave the ball away with virtually every touch.

Long time since I’ve seen a non top 3 side destroy our midfield so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We looked better when Reid came on and we had more options and pressed higher.

Gunnar was terrible. Sat virtually on Morrison’s toes whilst Watford played around him and gave the ball away with virtually every touch.

Long time since I’ve seen a non top 3 side destroy our midfield so badly.
    Is there much point playing a defensive midfielder away seeing as the defence + midfield are so close to one another?

Said it before and I'll say it again, I think he's one of the most overrated players I've seen down here in a long time.

He's alright at times for us and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I feel sorry for him, whenever he receives the ball, which isn't very often, there isn't a City player supporting him or making themselves available so he plays for the foul as he has no outlet. On other occasions he looks like he feels that he has to do something as he doesn't see much of the ball.
    I think he feels he has to take on an entire team and score himself every time he picks the ball up. The consequence is that every time he does this, he's taking on multiple players and as soon as he feels contact he goes down. He needs to get stronger and learn to stay on his feet. If he built up his strength so he could bully a bit himself he would be terrifying to play against.