+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock...

Neil Warnock...

.... guest on Goals on Sunday tomorrow

Re: Neil Warnock...

MOTD made it all about Warnock again when Etheridge deserved the air time for his performance and not Deeney's challenge on him.

Although Deeney's challenge was a tad reckless, I dont think it was as bad as Warnock made out.

I do take exception though and can just imagine all the questions being fired at Warnock after the game, especially as they made such a point during the game about Warnock having a go at the ref and swearing at him a good while after the challenge, and them choosing this contentious one to expose him.

The bald twosome admitted that their take on it was different to Warnock's. I suspect it might well be have different had Deeney lunged at Scouse, Citeh or chelski's keepers.

Hoping for a more balanced take on things from the GOS crew tomorrow. Even if this doesn't happen, please don't go all passive on us Neil and stick by your guns.

for 70 mins today we were awful and that was down to Warnocks tactics to just sit back and defend. To keep the pressure off him he blames the ref who didnt do too much wrong all game. Until we start keeping the ball and try to move forward we wont win an away game all season

His comments were a bit pointless today. May as well save having a pop at the ref for when it matters. The ref wasn't the problem today and Bamba was offside for Reid's goal. The "it's only little old Cardiff" shit needs to stop as well even in the context he says it.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    His comments were a bit pointless today. May as well save having a pop at the ref for when it matters. The ref wasn't the problem today and Bamba was offside for Reid's goal. The "it's only little old Cardiff" shit needs to stop as well even in the context he says it.
    Then again, apart from a disguised dig at Warnock, Cardiff didn't even get a mention post-match - not even Etheridge's saves and Junior's wondergoal.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Then again, apart from a disguised dig at Warnock, Cardiff didn't even get a mention post-match - not even Etheridge's saves and Junior's wondergoal.
    Yea I thought exactly the same , only focussing on the negatives
    Normally they would have highlighted “ it could have been a lot worse were it not for Etheridge who made some wonderful saves
    And at least have shown Hoilett a goal given that he scored exactly the same goals against wolves
    Commentator actually said some people thought it might have been a bit of a freak goal , cheeky ****

I really like Warnock and the way he speaks, however the stuff he said about the ref is rubbish. Everyone has to have a 1st game and didn't have an issue with how he managed the game.

We deserved less than a -1 goal difference after that game

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    for 70 mins today we were awful and that was down to Warnocks tactics to just sit back and defend. To keep the pressure off him he blames the ref who didnt do too much wrong all game. Until we start keeping the ball and try to move forward we wont win an away game all season
    Truth.

TBH I don't really have a problem with Deeney's challenge either. He's just doing his job.

Big mistake by Warnock yesterday to criticise the ref the way he did. By all means criticise when there is some solid justification e.g. the ref misses a blantantly obvious penalty. It seems he wasn't even claiming a red card for the tackle, just a yellow. He overplays the "little old Cardiff" card at his peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Big mistake by Warnock yesterday to criticise the ref the way he did. By all means criticise when there is some solid justification e.g. the ref misses a blantantly obvious penalty. It seems he wasn't even claiming a red card for the tackle, just a yellow. He overplays the "little old Cardiff" card at his peril.
    I was quite shocked to see his language after the game, let himself down there imo.

At least our Neil stuck by his guns on GOS and Deeney did leave his studs up knowing there would be a collision with Etheridge. It was a booking but perhaps you have to choose your battles.

Regarding Warnock's pop at the ref, Warnock was actually portrayed in a good light on the radio earlier by Mark Halsey in that the premier league referees association, or whatever they are known as, had the opportunity to bring Madley into the fold in the summer but was deemed not good enough.

He said Warnock has a point in that "why should he be brought in for OUR game"?

I do think he does sometimes overplay the officials are against us card but pressure does some strange things to you, especially in the heat of the moment.
    I believe though you have to try and influence the referees in some way though, i.e. play the game so I will not be having too much of a go at NW.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    At least our Neil stuck by his guns on GOS and Deeney did leave his studs up knowing there would be a collision with Etheridge. It was a booking but perhaps you have to choose your battles.

Regarding Warnock's pop at the ref, Warnock was actually portrayed in a good light on the radio earlier by Mark Halsey in that the premier league referees association, or whatever they are known as, had the opportunity to bring Madley into the fold in the summer but was deemed not good enough.

He said Warnock has a point in that "why should he be brought in for OUR game"?

I do think he does sometimes overplay the officials are against us card but pressure does some strange things to you, especially in the heat of the moment.
    I believe though you have to try and influence the referees in some way though, i.e. play the game so I will not be having too much of a go at NW.
    Tbh I think he’s just using this as a get out of jail card from a very poor performance

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Tbh I think he’s just using this as a get out of jail card from a very poor performance
    Yes he does try and deflect blame from his players even if it means that people have a go at him. I suspect he'll have some stern words for them in training this week mind and he did criticise us for not closing down.