Better than the much lauded ones by the girl in goal for the Scousers

Re: Etheridge today

He gonna be missed in jan

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Absolutely outstanding.
    3-4 world class saves.

Yup, although it would be nice if he wasn't put in that position so often. Midfield was ruined today, Watford had defensive runners and moved the ball quickly. Gunnar was awful, but so were the other two, Arter and Camarasa have been getting off lightly in my opinion, Gunnar will get heaps for today (fair enough) There would be a fatwa placed on the head of ralls if he'd played like them.

he saved a hatful, brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, although it would be nice if he wasn't put in that position so often. Midfield was ruined today, Watford had defensive runners and moved the ball quickly. Gunnar was awful, but so were the other two, Arter and Camarasa have been getting off lightly in my opinion, Gunnar will get heaps for today (fair enough) There would be a fatwa placed on the head of ralls if he'd played like them.

Yeah. I know Ralls has struggled recently, but he’s not been any worse than those 3 today.
    However, Watford have some real talent and their movement was outstanding.

They look the best side going forward besides Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea we’ve played.

Yeah. I know Ralls has struggled recently, but he’s not been any worse than those 3 today.
    However, Watford have some real talent and their movement was outstanding.

They look the best side going forward besides Man C, Liverpool and Chelsea we’ve played.
    I thought the same about Watford, they looked fantastic at times, although i believe that we had something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    He gonna be missed in jan
    Don't worry. We'll still lose.

I thought the same about Watford, they looked fantastic at times, although i believe that we had something to do with that.
    I think Warnock has to take some of the blame. The back 4 were all over the shop and Gunnar was FAR too deep.
    Watford seemed to have time and space in abundance and why oh why are we so passive.

Week after week away from home we hardly seem to give the opposition a kick - today was the ideal day to rough them up, but once again our players were going to ground instead of battling it out.

Not a fan but saved us a hiding today. Manga wasn't torn to pieces because he was never in the right position. Midfield were no help to defence either defended in a straight line and got pulled apart.

Camarasa collapsed at the end of the Wolves game with relief/after such a great exertion, then four days later was playing 90 minutes against West Ham, then four days later was playing 90 minutes against Southampton, then seven days later was playing 90 minutes against Watford.

How many of our key players have done the same?

I think Warnock has to take some of the blame. The back 4 were all over the shop and Gunnar was FAR too deep.
    Watford seemed to have time and space in abundance and why oh why are we so passive.

Week after week away from home we hardly seem to give the opposition a kick - today was the ideal day to rough them up, but once again our players were going to ground instead of battling it out.
    I just wish that we wouldn't play that defensive shit until we're forced to come out to play. We can't do it. Our defence can't sustain that kind of pressure for so long. It wouldn't be so bad if we were affective in possession or had the ability to slow the game down in order to re-group, but we don't do that and at times give the ball straight back to the opposition. We aren't very good at defending on the 18 yard line, eventually we are opened up. We should play a little higher as we do have defenders in Manga and Bamba who have the ability to recover.

I just wish that we wouldn't play that defensive shit until we're forced to come out to play. We can't do it. Our defence can't sustain that kind of pressure for so long. It wouldn't be so bad if we were affective in possession or had the ability to slow the game down in order to re-group, but we don't do that and at times give the ball straight back to the opposition. We aren't very good at defending on the 18 yard line, eventually we are opened up. We should play a little higher as we do have defenders in Manga and Bamba who have the ability to recover.
    Agree with most of this. Also Etheridge is quick off his line if balls are over played. I do think we have got defenders to defend 18 yard line it's just midfield can't keep tracks on runs.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Agree with most of this. Also Etheridge is quick off his line if balls are over played. I do think we have got defenders to defend 18 yard line it's just midfield can't keep tracks on runs.
    I think that we need a central defender, central midfielder and a striker in the window-Can't see much change from 30 million for three players in those positions.

I think we played higher earlier in the season and were susceptible to the ball down the side, particularly on Manga's side. But it is clear the alternative isn't working. There is no pressure on the midfielders in possession and quality passers can always find willing runners if there is sufficient space in front of our back four. Away games are a painful experience at the moment!

How many of our matches is he likely to miss while at the Asian Cup?

Absolutely outstanding.
    3-4 world class saves.

He was outstanding. Kept the score down with some excellent stops.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think we played higher earlier in the season and were susceptible to the ball down the side, particularly on Manga's side. But it is clear the alternative isn't working. There is no pressure on the midfielders in possession and quality passers can always find willing runners if there is sufficient space in front of our back four. Away games are a painful experience at the moment!
    As odd as this might sound, i think that we've gained a bit of confidence since the beginning of the season. The players look like they have a little more belief. Warnock has to stop this toe dipping exercise away from home against opposition we can compete with. It isn't working.

I think that we need a central defender, central midfielder and a striker in the window-Can't see much change from 30 million for three players in those positions.
    Can’t see us getting another centre back. More likely a right back

Yes there were a few comments made that we should have changed our shape,or we went tactically set up right ,hard to say ,not being there?

As odd as this might sound, i think that we've gained a bit of confidence since the beginning of the season. The players look like they have a little more belief. Warnock has to stop this toe dipping exercise away from home against opposition we can compete with. It isn't working.
    I agree with this. Sometimes you just have to go for it.