+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Commentators.

Female Commentators.

I've not been active on this most excellent of forums for a while, so maybe it's already been discussed.

What's the feel about women trying to commentate on the radio? I'm not a misogynist, in fact I have liked the ladies a bit too much in the past, and they are better at some stuff than men are. But when it comes to doing a commentary on a football game their excitement at the action does never sounds genuine (bit like my first wife ). I do listen to quite a bit football in the car, but on the occasions I hear a woman's voice I look for something else. What's your take?

WRT The Bluebirds.

I've seen quite a few of your games and you look too good to go down. Even said "oh yes", at some of your goals! I hope you turn over Manure next week. Our game and yours is on at the same time so I'll be watching us at Hull, but keeping my finger crossed for you. Good luck give Jose a miserable Christmas!

Re: Female Commentators.

If a female commentator is shit, it’s not because she’s female, it’s because she’s shit. There are plenty of shit male commentators, but they’re aren’t shit because they’re male, it’s because they are shit.

this one was covered a few months back and was as devisive as Brexit. Personally, I'm the same as you, I can't take the pitch, so turn off. I'm exactly the same with Pat Nevin, pitch & slur, so I change channels.

There’s the one on the radio, who I think is a current or ex- England international.
    I enjoy listening to her.
    Not all are great, but there’s loads of rubbish male ones too.

They’re ok as pundits but actually commentating on a game ? no thanks but in these modern pc times we have to put up with them as it’s the way it is nowadays regardless that they’re absolutely ****ing dog shit
    The worlds gone mad and it’s getting worse

Sorry but it just sounds wrong to me, & that is no way meant to be sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    this one was covered a few months back and was as devisive as Brexit. Personally, I'm the same as you, I can't take the pitch, so turn off. I'm exactly the same with Pat Nevin, pitch & slur, so I change channels.
    Same as you. I find they shout a lot too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Sorry but it just sounds wrong to me, & that is no way meant to be sexist.
    I feel the same so that's not sexist is it?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Personally I don’t like the way in which female voices go octaves higher when they’re trying to convey excitement. In a football game it grates on me. In a different location maybe not so much

There was one commentating on the Wrexham game yesterday. She lapsed into hysterics whenever anything happened. BBC are obsessed with the idea and have a female co-presenter and a female pundit on Scrum V.

Largely the same as has been posted, exciting moments in sport seem to be conveyed better by a male voice than a female voice. Everything else is done equally well or, on an individual basis, better but personal opinion is this.

It’s the same when they have the big O! I mean come on there’s no need to go completely overboard Is there , a bloke just goes I’m done , no hysterics nothing OTT just roll over and go to sleep but they scream and scream and scream

Never experienced thstt, what's the secret?😑

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    It’s the same when they have the big O! I mean come on there’s no need to go completely overboard Is there , a bloke just goes I’m done , no hysterics nothing OTT just roll over and go to sleep but they scream and scream and scream
    Thinly veiled “I'm great in bed” post imo

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If a female commentator is shit, it’s not because she’s female, it’s because she’s shit. There are plenty of shit male commentators, but they’re aren’t shit because they’re male, it’s because they are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Never experienced thstt, what's the secret?��
    Bite hard on their ear lobe

Why bring Roy Orbison into this?????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It is the high pitch for me too I don't like.
    That said, I'd take Sandra Dickinson over Jamie Carragher any day!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It is the high pitch for me too I don't like.
    That said, I'd take Sandra Dickinson over Jamie Carragher any day!
    How's she looking these days?

I hate sexism

If a bit of stuff with a nice pair of norks wants to work in football good on her

Yeah this was done to death a while back.

Personally I think that there's no reason that a woman would be any less proficient at commentating than a man. And there are a few commentators and pundits around who seem to have done more research and be generally more insightful than some of their male counterparts.

Most of the comments on here seem to be that "it doesn't sound right" which is fine, it probably just reflects what people are used to hearing, rather than their actual ability to do the job. I don't think it is a sexist comment in itself, but it is borne of a sexist society.
    Exactly the same kind of comments were being made about the first female newsreaders, and I don't think anyone would stand by those these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah this was done to death a while back.

Personally I think that there's no reason that a woman would be any less proficient at commentating than a man. And there are a few commentators and pundits around who seem to have done more research and be generally more insightful than some of their male counterparts.

Most of the comments on here seem to be that "it doesn't sound right" which is fine, it probably just reflects what people are used to hearing, rather than their actual ability to do the job. I don't think it is a sexist comment in itself, but it is borne of a sexist society.
    Exactly the same kind of comments were being made about the first female newsreaders, and I don't think anyone would stand by those these days.
    I think that's because they know they have to prove people wrong, while Patrice Evra can turn up, admit he's never seen half of the teams play and then make comments about them.

That said, God, Alex Scott is boring.