+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female Commentators.

Re: Female Commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think that's because they know they have to prove people wrong, while Patrice Evra can turn up, admit he's never seen half of the teams play and then make comments about them.

That said, God, Alex Scott is boring.
    I can remember Hoddle during the world cup openly saying he didn't know anything about the team he was watching

Re: Female Commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I've not been active on this most excellent of forums for a while, so maybe it's already been discussed.

What's the feel about women trying to commentate on the radio? I'm not a misogynist, in fact I have liked the ladies a bit too much in the past, and they are better at some stuff than men are. But when it comes to doing a commentary on a football game their excitement at the action does never sounds genuine (bit like my first wife ). I do listen to quite a bit football in the car, but on the occasions I hear a woman's voice I look for something else. What's your take?

WRT The Bluebirds.

I've seen quite a few of your games and you look too good to go down. Even said "oh yes", at some of your goals! I hope you turn over Manure next week. Our game and yours is on at the same time so I'll be watching us at Hull, but keeping my finger crossed for you. Good luck give Jose a miserable Christmas!

I can't say that I have noticed.

Lots of commentators these days are rubbish as they feel the need to over sensationalise everything as there is so much football on TV (step forward Jonathan Pearce, latter day Motty)

Conversely most of my favourite commentators are from the 1970s and 1980s (Hugh Johns, Gerald Sinstadt, David Coleman, Brian Moore).

The few female commentators that I have noticed have done a better job than many male commentators.