+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Away form

Away form

Our away form doesn’t look great on paper, but don’t despair Bluebirds, we’ve only played 1 of the current bottom 9 teams away - and we drew that one.

Those games are coming - and they’re the ones which matter

Re: Away form

The reason I worry is that we weren't great last year when the opposition were much worse. We probably had 5 good away wins.

There seems to almost be a mentality around the game. It's not possible to say just treat it like a home game because that's just what every team would do.

We seem unable to stop momentum by taking possession for any length of time or killing the game with fouls.

I don't know what the answer is because we are always going to be underdogs going into games because other teams have better players.

Re: Away form

He literally said yesterday our plan was to keep it tight for 60 mins then try and get something. It's been pretty obvious that's the plan every away game yet we've been behind in the 60th minute of every away game this season bar Huddersfield.

It's not a good enough approach and needs to change.

I'd personally use the 5-3-2 we went for against Wolves on the road, at least we'd have a presence of 2-3 up top