+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock's comments about a Director of Football slipped under the radar on here...

Warnock's comments about a Director of Football slipped under the radar on here...

To refresh, a Wales Online article stated, "Pressed further on transfers, Warnock admitted Cardiff lag behind their Premier League rivals not just in spending power, but in terms of their staff. He would love the Bluebirds to one day appoint a director of football to help out in an area currently managed by chief executive Choo, chairman Mehmet Dalman and Warnock himself."
    (https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...pools-15550902)

How do you read this?

Is it a criticism of City's failure to bring in players in the summer? Is it a gentle nudge in Tan's direction for transfer action in January?

With the extra millions flowing into City coffers from gate receipts and TV money (and a low wage bill by PL standards), it's time for Tan to show his ambition for the club - to spend some dosh, using someone who's effective in the transfer window.

Re: Warnock's comments about a Director of Football slipped under the radar on here...

I don't think there's much money to spend. I think talk of the striker from Nantes at £25m is just fantasy, we'll probably get Alex Revell on loan!

Re: Warnock's comments about a Director of Football slipped under the radar on here...

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I don't think there's much money to spend. I think talk of the striker from Nantes at £25m is just fantasy, we'll probably get Alex Revell on loan!
    You've ruined my Christmas. I hope you're happy.

As much as I think Watford have gone too far down their particular strategy, their scouting network is years ahead of ours at the moment. We can make a long term impact by signing a RB, defensive midfielder, younger CB and investing in widening our scouter network.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    You've ruined my Christmas. I hope you're happy.
    Rather buy him, would you? 😂😂😂

This is simply Neil angling for his next job

Trouble is I don’t think he’d be a good DoF...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

I thought Dave Jones is our DOF? Obviously not

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Rather buy him, would you? ������
    Only if they've got change for a 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    To refresh, a Wales Online article stated, "Pressed further on transfers, Warnock admitted Cardiff lag behind their Premier League rivals not just in spending power, but in terms of their staff. He would love the Bluebirds to one day appoint a director of football to help out in an area currently managed by chief executive Choo, chairman Mehmet Dalman and Warnock himself."
    (https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...pools-15550902)

How do you read this?

Is it a criticism of City's failure to bring in players in the summer? Is it a gentle nudge in Tan's direction for transfer action in January?

With the extra millions flowing into City coffers from gate receipts and TV money (and a low wage bill by PL standards), it's time for Tan to show his ambition for the club - to spend some dosh, using someone who's effective in the transfer window.
    I think this role could be his aim for next season.
    Depending who they appoint as manager, there could be a clash of thoughts.
    Some of his loyal players may be on the leave list with a different manager ?

Agreed,I don’t think many Managers would want Neil as DOF and his weakness is finding top Premiership players while his strength is motivating players! Probably would like job with Blackwell as his Manager but won’t work at Premier League level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Agreed,I don’t think many Managers would want Neil as DOF and his weakness is finding top Premiership players while his strength is motivating players! Probably would like job with Blackwell as his Manager but won’t work at Premier League level.
    The role is, what, 10 years old in the UK? And yet there is only one job description for the DoF job? He'd definitely do a better job than Slade regardless!