+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One Plus From Yesterday

One Plus From Yesterday

Etheridge’s brilliant saves keeping the score down & our two late goals resulting in a minus one goal difference game. 2-3 is of more use than a 0-1 in the big picture. If it came down to goal difference at the end of the season yesterday’s game could be significant, to be honest if we’d have came away 0-5 with a minus 5 it wouldn’t have been a shock after the first hour. To come away from Vicarage Road yesterday without huge damage to our goals column was no reflection of the game really, we were battered for the majority of the match.

Re: One Plus From Yesterday

3 from 5 in the bottom all with a high minus gd
    , but the two teams above the bottom five have only 1 and 2 points more than us with much better GD

14 Newcastle 17 4 4 9 14 22 -8 16
    Won against Burnley Lost to West Ham Drew with Everton Lost to Wolves Won against Huddersfield
    15 C Palace 17 4 3 10 14 23 -9 15
    Drew with Man Utd Won against Burnley Lost to Brighton Lost to West Ham Won against Leicester
    16 Cardiff 17 4 2 11 17 33 -16 14
    Lost to Everton Won against Wolves Lost to West Ham Won against Southampton Lost to Watford
    17 Burnley 17 3 3 11 15 33 -18 12
    Lost to Newcastle Lost to C Palace Lost to Liverpool Won against Brighton Lost to Spurs
    18 Huddersfield 17 2 4 11 10 28 -18 10
    Won against Wolves Lost to Brighton Lost to AFC Bournemouth Lost to Arsenal Lost to Newcastle
    19 Southampton 16 1 6 9 13 30 -17 9
    Drew with Watford Lost to Fulham Drew with Man Utd Lost to Spurs Lost to Cardiff
    20 Fulham 17 2 3 12 16 42 -26 9

We could quite easily have been on -20 this morning had it not been for Neil Etheridge yesterday, perhaps more. Outstanding & vital saves.

I think we could miss him big time when he plays for the Philippines in the Asia cup in January. I wonder how many games he'll miss?

They have games on the 7th, 11th & 16th of January, South Korea, China & Kyrgyzstan. I would imagine the squad will get together about a week before as well. Let’s hope he’s available for us on New Years Day, The Philippines bow out gallantly & he’s back in Wales on the 17th.🙏🙏🙏

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They have games on the 7th, 11th & 16th of January, South Korea, China & Kyrgyzstan. I would imagine the squad will get together about a week before as well. Let’s hope he’s available for us on New Years Day, The Philippines bow out gallantly & he’s back in Wales on the 17th.🙏🙏🙏
    The tournament itself starts on the fifth so I imagine they'd get together pre-January