+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does anyone live by a City Player?

Does anyone live by a City Player?

None in Birchgrove that i know of, although no surprise with the money that they earn. I can remember Lee smelt (anyone else remember him)living in Pentwyn and Grahame Moseley living in Roath, Maybe goalkeepers are more social. I don't even see any City players about, i imagine the younger ones are stuck behind some gated community in South Cardiff.

Re: Does anyone live by a City Player?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    None in Birchgrove that i know of, although no surprise with the money that they earn. I can remember Lee smelt (anyone else remember him)living in Pentwyn and Grahame Moseley living in Roath, Maybe goalkeepers are more social. I don't even see any City players about, i imagine the younger ones are stuck behind some gated community in South Cardiff.
    I remember Lee Smelt but I'm now wondering Did he play for City coz he's not on here

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...-list-together

None in Llanrumney that I know of.
    I’m surprised given how beautiful the place is....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    None in Llanrumney that I know of.
    I’m surprised given how beautiful the place is....
    Llanrumney is alright, beats Rumney and Trowbridge hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I remember Lee Smelt but I'm now wondering Did he play for City coz he's not on here

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...-list-together

Impressive list-Smelt definitely played a few games for us, i used to speak to him when i was a kid, he used to do press ups and sit ups on the bit of grass outside his house!

Impressive list-Smelt definitely played a few games for us, i used to speak to him when i was a kid, he used to do press ups and sit ups on the bit of grass outside his house!
    I wasn't doubting your knowledge but questioning the list which I think could be flawed, or at least not an exhaustive one.

I wasn't doubting your knowledge but questioning the list which I think could be flawed, or at least not an exhaustive one.
    My knowledge on Lee Smelt-I suppose it's a compliment.....

I was cycling through Dinas village the other day and nearly got knocked down by a tank of a vehicle coming out of a drive. I only got a glance of the driver as he braked and I rode past, he was a black guy. I thought to myself that he was probably a footballer if he lived round there and then immediately cursed myself for the lazy racial stereotype. As the car overtook me I looked at the number plate and it had BA MBA in there so it turned out I was right, albeit for the wrong reasons.

There's also no Lee Jones-A local lad who played a few games at Fullback early nineties, or Robin semark, Jamie Unsworth-Both early nineties-i'd say that the list is foo, unless a player had to make a certain amount of appearances to get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I was cycling through Dinas village the other day and nearly got knocked down by a tank of a vehicle coming out of a drive. I only got a glance of the driver as he braked and I rode past, he was a black guy. I thought to myself that he was probably a footballer if he lived round there and then immediately cursed myself for the lazy racial stereotype. As the car overtook me I looked at the number plate and it had BA MBA in there so it turned out I was right, albeit for the wrong reasons.
    Didn't think Dinas was that desirable, just a toilet stop on route to Barry.

I wouldn't even risk getting out for a toilet stop in that place.

I won't be too specific but the part I'm talking about looks pretty exclusive.

I remember Lee Smelt. I've met Phil Brignull through our sons' friendship and he's still blaming Smelt for three of the goals at Bolton in '86. Phil's such a nice bloke that I haven't got the heart to tell him to let it go.

Smelt is also one of the answers to the question 'What happened when someone farted at a Cardiff City reunion?'- Pat Heard, Lee Smelt and Paul Went.

you must be getting old if you need a toilet stop before you get to Barry

Layton Maxwell used to live behind the Glamorgan Wanderers, used to go out and play football with kids in the street.

I remember Lee Smelt. 1986ish.

I always thought parts of Dinas were quite posh. I'm from Barry though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I remember Lee Smelt. 1986ish.

I always thought parts of Dinas were quite posh. I'm from Barry though.
    I grew up in Dinas Powys - One of my mates at the time lived in Powys Gardens and Adrian Alston was his next door neighbour.

Still some nice parts I think but had some beautiful houses in the old village and on The Common. I’m guessing city players would still live in these areas - was there about a month ago and still some special homes there.

I remember reading that The Twyncyn in Dinas is the most expensive residential street in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I remember reading that The Twyncyn in Dinas is the most expensive residential street in Wales.
    gotta be expensive to beat marine parade penarth

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    6th according to this list -

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-towns-9994690

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    This is probably what I read, a few years old now so may have changed a bit, or perhaps rankings are just based on what happens to have on the market/sold in the period so go up and down year-by-year accordingly: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12595774

Charlotte Church lives up there and she's got a few bob I'd imagine.

None in Trowbridge Green

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

None within 6500 miles

That I know of

Chris Barker must live nearby, I see him walking his dog regularly