+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: anyone know?

anyone know?

...why the top women players can't beat the top men players at darts or snooker/pool?
    Can't be a strength thing.

Re: anyone know?

That's a really interesting question. Googling around a bit there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer, but there are some interesting theories.

Steve Davis said that only men have the bloody mindedness to do something completely daft for 8 hours a day. But then I suppose female gymnasts and swimmers don't exactly slouch on the training.

A guy was asking something similar about pool on Reddit and someone replied with an interesting comment that you have to spend a lot of time practicing on your own to be any good at pool, and pool halls can be pretty toxic atmosphere for a single female.

Whether it's just things like that which keeps the number of players so small that the best ones aren't as good, or if it's something physiological I have no idea

Perhaps because they can't just concentrate on the one thing and have to always be multi-tasking

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a really interesting question. Googling around a bit there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer, but there are some interesting theories.

Steve Davis said that only men have the bloody mindedness to do something completely daft for 8 hours a day. But then I suppose female gymnasts and swimmers don't exactly slouch on the training.

A guy was asking something similar about pool on Reddit and someone replied with an interesting comment that you have to spend a lot of time practicing on your own to be any good at pool, and pool halls can be pretty toxic atmosphere for a single female.

Whether it's just things like that which keeps the number of players so small that the best ones aren't as good, or if it's something physiological I have no idea
    That makes sense, same goes for darts

Both are seen as traditionally male pursuits, it could also be that they're linked with pubs and drinking regularly in pubs which is something men are more inclined to do