+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PDC World Darts Championship

PDC World Darts Championship

Barney gone. Wright gone. Bit of a clearing of the old guard going on?

Re: PDC World Darts Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Barney gone. Wright gone. Bit of a clearing of the old guard going on?
    Maybe they had as much trouble getting motivated to play in the early stages as I've had to watch it. They'll probably stick some group stages in there next year to drag it out a bit more. As Shakespeare once said, skip to the good bit. Or was that Rizzle Kicks?

James Wade making an early bid for the Gerwyn Price Good Sportsmanship award at the World Championships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EaB84syAf4

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    James Wade making an early bid for the Gerwyn Price Good Sportsmanship award at the World Championships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EaB84syAf4
    I didn't see it last night. Why on earth would be do that? Out of order.

Maybe they had as much trouble getting motivated to play in the early stages as I've had to watch it. They'll probably stick some group stages in there next year to drag it out a bit more. As Shakespeare once said, skip to the good bit. Or was that Rizzle Kicks?
    Agreed with the lack of interest in the longer format, but these guys are supposed to be professionals playing in the biggest tournament of all. If they can't get motivated for that then they'll never get motivated for anything.

I didn't see it last night. Why on earth would be do that? Out of order.
    Commentator seemed just as baffled.
    Wade is a cock and I’m glad that during nigh on every 9 darter he’s stood in the background looking gormless as usual.

At least that prick Price is out.

At least that prick Price is out.
    With thousands of people singing '2-0 and you f**ked it up' at him. That's entertainment.

Gutted Gezzy is out. Never mind, he's had a cracking year. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    Gutted Gezzy is out. Never mind, he's had a cracking year. Onwards and upwards.
    Two nil and he ****ed it up. Two nil and he ****ed it up.....

So much for the more they boo the more it spurs him on. He was clearly rattled by the crowd and worst it’s going to get for him . He’s made his bed he’s got to lie in it now.

Hopefully he will fade into obscurity like Paul Nicholson, the last bellend who wanted to be the bad guy of darts.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

So much for the more they boo the more it spurs him on. He was clearly rattled by the crowd and worst it’s going to get for him . He’s made his bed he’s got to lie in it now.

Hopefully he will fade into obscurity like Paul Nicholson, the last bellend who wanted to be the bad guy of darts.
    He has clearly had an impact on you.

Don't see the problem really, it's hardly snooker.

It’s just not cricket old chap

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He has clearly had an impact on you.

Don't see the problem really, it's hardly snooker.
    Hello Stevie Wonder

Hello Stevie Wonder
    Hey precious.

Price and Wade have made the Premier League line-up, Price v Anderson at one of the Scottish venues would be interesting. Van Gerwen, Cross, Wright, Gurney, Suljovic, Barney and Smith complete the field.

Price and Wade have made the Premier League line-up, Price v Anderson at one of the Scottish venues would be interesting. Van Gerwen, Cross, Wright, Gurney, Suljovic, Barney and Smith complete the field.
    Completely underwhelming.

I have tweeted my dissatisfaction to Heil Hearn.

Completely underwhelming.

I have tweeted my dissatisfaction to Heil Hearn.
    Who else though? Barney is lucky but he's retiring this year so I can see why they've put him in. I'd rather see Lewis or Bunting in there, Chisnall even, but none of them have really demanded a place. I think they'll be hoping Price and Wade generate some atmosphere in the early stages, it looks pretty flat otherwise I agree.

Who else though? Barney is lucky but he's retiring this year so I can see why they've put him in. I'd rather see Lewis or Bunting in there, Chisnall even, but none of them have really demanded a place. I think they'll be hoping Price and Wade generate some atmosphere in the early stages, it looks pretty flat otherwise I agree.
    Barney is lucky and I was outraged when they announced it until he explained it was his last year and I suppose you can’t really deny him a swan song.

I just hope he embraces it, relaxes and plays his best darts, and doesn’t turn up like the incredible sulk. I find watching someone who has been world champion in their sport, throw the towel in so easily because things are not going their way incredibly frustrating.

I just think given one of the old guard in Barney being picked that picking Wade also is such a lazy pick. Perhaps with his recent cuntish behaviour they are looking for another villain but Gezzy Price already has that role locked down.

With 10 picks I think they could have rewarded a young lad like Aspinall, who scored 180s for fun in the Worlds. Or Chizzy who’s fast pace and heavy scoring is suited to the format.

I also think Price has got lucky as even though he’s won a Grand Slam in 2018 he was piss poor in last years PL. I also didn’t think his bleating every week about how he didn’t enjoy the format of the league would have gone down well with Hearn.

That said he will bring atmosphere as everyone except Cardiff will be on his case. Playing Anderson in Glasgow would be nice and I’m sure Hearn has that in his thoughts. That said I think it has potential to spill over as we’ve seen previously when he’s played Lewis and Taylor there. This has the makings of a worse welcoming commitee for Price I feel. Would love it.

Where have all the good players gone? A few shit houses in there to cause some controversy I guess

Just checked the rankings and It’s the top ten minus ninth seed Simon Whitlock.

James Wade is 10th so maybe he should have missed out if they were intent on finding a slot for Barney.

Barney is now 28th l, massively out of form, so on reflection I’m not sure he deserves the full Premier League season.

If they wanted a goodbye for him maybe get Phil Taylor out of retirement for one night and play an exhibition against Barney when the PL is in Rotterdam.

Closet seeds to top 10 then were
    11th Ian White
    12th Chizzy
    13th Darren Webster
    14th Adrian Lewis
    15th Joe Cullen
    16th Jonny Clayton

Would like to have seen any one of those in instead of Wade.

Just checked the rankings and It’s the top ten minus ninth seed Simon Whitlock.

James Wade is 10th so maybe he should have missed out if they were intent on finding a slot for Barney.

Barney is now 28th l, massively out of form, so on reflection I’m not sure he deserves the full Premier League season.

If they wanted a goodbye for him maybe get Phil Taylor out of retirement for one night and play an exhibition against Barney when the PL is in Rotterdam.

Closet seeds to top 10 then were
    11th Ian White
    12th Chizzy
    13th Darren Webster
    14th Adrian Lewis
    15th Joe Cullen
    16th Jonny Clayton

Would like to have seen any one of those in instead of Wade.
    Interesting thought. Why not have one short exhibition match per week between old pros? Taylor and Barney as you say could be one, but lots of others to choose from. Would make for nostalgic viewing and keep the Premier League for the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Where have all the good players gone? A few shit houses in there to cause some controversy I guess
    It's surprising how many old names have disappeared from the rankings. Peter Wright is the next in danger of plummeting. Adrian Lewis has battled hard to get back into the top 16. Not sure there's many potential stars of the game out there at the moment.

It's surprising how many old names have disappeared from the rankings. Peter Wright is the next in danger of plummeting. Adrian Lewis has battled hard to get back into the top 16. Not sure there's many potential stars of the game out there at the moment.
    Lewis gave MVG a good game, nearly got it back to 2 sets each at 2-2 in the 4th set but MVG has this ability of putting in unbelievable 5th legs in this format. Did it to Smith last night too, who, on another day could have been at 5-5 instead of 7-3 when the game ended but MVG won all the 2 set swings.
    1st set of the match Smith gets it back to 2-2 and MVG kicks off with a 180 in the 5th leg. It’s what Taylor did in his prime, just hits you psychologically.