+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rio Ferdinand / Ninian Park

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rio Ferdinand / Ninian Park

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'm sure it's brought up occasionally, but didn't Ferdinand compare Ninian Park and our fans to going to one of the Turkish teams in his autobiography ? I hope its battering down with rain this saturday, absolutely freezing cold, I hope the entire stadium is just vicious to the united players (within reason). Make it hell.
    I'm sure he gave an interview where he said the Ninian Park atmosphere was more hostile than even the one he had experienced at Fenerbache or Galatasary

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm sure he gave an interview where he said the Ninian Park atmosphere was more hostile than even the one he had experienced at Fenerbache or Galatasary
    The version I heard was during an interview before playing for Man Utd away to Galatasary he was asked if was worried about the intimidating atmosphere. His answer was "No, I've played at Ninian Park"

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The version I heard was during an interview before playing for Man Utd away to Galatasary he was asked if was worried about the intimidating atmosphere. His answer was "No, I've played at Ninian Park"
    This is the one I was thinking of. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    That is indeed the line he used, i have a copy of the paper ( in my mums house ) I used to keep stuff like that