+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 50 years next week, I would have got less for murder!

50 years next week, I would have got less for murder!

December 28th 1968, Cardiff City 3-0 Hull City (Toshack, Clark & King ~ I think)

It was the original Hull stub game as City were playing Arsenal in the FA Cup a few days later and my uncle took me to the Hull game to get the tickets.

That was it, hook, line & sinker!

I've no idea how many games I've been to since but it must be around 1200. I nearly reached the 92 but "new" sides like Morecambe & Fleetwood have taken me back to 85! I had 6 season tickets at one time but kids have grown & moved on, so there's only 2 of us now. I added the cost up once and it's north of £30k!

Earlier in the year my wife said what would you like for Xmas, I said, I'd love to do a Hospitality package for the nearest game to my 50th Anniversary, then the fixtures came out & we have Man Ure, so priced out of the market! Never mind, maybe Huddersfield.

That first team will forever be my hero's. TOBW will put me right but I think the team on the day was,
    Davies
    Bell
    Carver
    Harris
    Murray
    Bird
    King
    Lea
    Sutton
    Clark
    Toshack

maybe these guys were around on the day as well
    Coldrick
    Phillips
    Jones
    Derrett

help me out here Paul

I won't make another 50 years but here's hoping for a few more anyway!

Re: 50 years next week, I would have got less for murder!

Happy Anniversary. My first game was in 1979 when me and my sister were being babysat by this Skinhead girl who was a friend of the family. The City were playing Orient (The Leyton was dropped) and i think they won 1-0-we were on the Grange end and some bloke decided to take all of his clothes off. My first real game with my Dad was 1982-Wigan at home. We won 3-2 and a bloke called billy woofe got the winner. That was a great day and my first introduction to Franklins pasties.

I remember that game. And the next game home to Arsenal in the Cup, 55000+ there it was mad.

I know what you mean though, my first two games were the previous May 0-0 in both of them v Charlton and Huddersfield but I was hooked. Had to wait until the opening game of 68/9 , 0-4 at home to Palace. I've got used to disappointment!

Congratulations Des.

My 50th anniversary will be February 8th next year.

Beat Oxford Utd. 5 - 0.

As you said, one visit and hooked

Really nice thread and congratulations all