+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole to be named Man Utd interim manager

Ole to be named Man Utd interim manager

According to the BBC website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46612442

Let's hope it's true! The Clueless One, The Useless One, the worst manager in the history of Cardiff city FC will hopefully take Utd down to the Championship. A case of history repeating itself, with any luck!

Re: Ole to be named Man Utd interim manager

I wonder if OGS will still be at Man Utd for our last match of the season or will he have been given the push by then and replaced by another temporary manager. It's all got very messy since Ferguson left. What a shame��

Would ole consider it a bit of snub that he's only interim manager. Hardly a huge endorsement of his abilities if they don't offer him the job permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Would ole consider it a bit of snub that he's only interim manager. Hardly a huge endorsement of his abilities if they don't offer him the job permanently.
    It's all he's ever wanted, and his only realistic chance to get the job. Certainly spoke about it enough when he was here. Wonder which players his mate is agent for, that he can sign and never play.

Let's hope he continues to use the 'lucky dip random team selection' method that was such a roaring success when he was with us !

It is official:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46616768

After the hammer-blow that was Jose's departure, this is about as good a piece of news as we could hope for. Under Jose I think we had 4 points to play for against Utd. Under Ole, I think we can aim for 6.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    No, but in all fairness he doesn't really have top league managerial experience or at least I certainly wouldn't count the few months with us as that.

I like the bloke and think he's one of the good lads in football, which is a shame because I think Man Utd will slip a few places again before the end of the Season and everyone will blame him.

That said, now is the best time for us to hit 'em whilst they're disorganised.

I wonder what 'our Neil thinks of it all? Maybe he'd be disappointed to miss the opportunity to beat José with 'little old' Cardiff.

Also, I bet Molde are pissed off.

I don't necessarily think that Solskjaer is a poor manager.

Looking back, most of our performances under Malky in the Premier League were boring, negative, unadventurous, lacked pace, creativity and width, but we were able to grund out some results here and there (our Championship winning team was hardly exciting to watch for the most part). That Premier League team makes ours look like Man City. There were many moaning about our lack of adventure in games and felt we should be giving it "a go" more often. Solskjaer tried to address this, brought in some players who were more comfortable with the ball at their feet and gave us more of an attacking edge, raising our previously feeble goalscoring rate.

Sadly we didn't have enough quality up front and our defence became more open than Katie Price's thighs, not helped by the number of changes he'd make per game. He later admitted he'd made mistakes as our manager.

With him in charge, I expect Man Utd to be more attacking in games. Under Mourinho they were woefully negative, which never got the best out of the players he has. Some seem delighted that Solskjaer has gone there. If he lifts the shackles that Mourinho had planted, they are capable of causing us a load of problems. I'd have much preferred Mourinho's tactic of trying to win the battle in midfield and not being too adventurous in case of being caught out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't necessarily think that Solskjaer is a poor manager.

Looking back, most of our performances under Malky in the Premier League were boring, negative, unadventurous, lacked pace, creativity and width, but we were able to grund out some results here and there (our Championship winning team was hardly exciting to watch for the most part). That Premier League team makes ours look like Man City. There were many moaning about our lack of adventure in games and felt we should be giving it "a go" more often. Solskjaer tried to address this, brought in some players who were more comfortable with the ball at their feet and gave us more of an attacking edge, raising our previously feeble goalscoring rate.

Sadly we didn't have enough quality up front and our defence became more open than Katie Price's thighs, not helped by the number of changes he'd make per game. He later admitted he'd made mistakes as our manager.

With him in charge, I expect Man Utd to be more attacking in games. Under Mourinho they were woefully negative, which never got the best out of the players he has. Some seem delighted that Solskjaer has gone there. If he lifts the shackles that Mourinho had planted, they are capable of causing us a load of problems. I'd have much preferred Mourinho's tactic of trying to win the battle in midfield and not being too adventurous in case of being caught out.

Cant really argue with any of that.

Are they sure Woodward isn’t a Liverpool fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schaeffer View Post
    I can. We lost 4-0 to Hull, 3-0 to Palace, 4-0 to Sunderland and 3-0 to Newcastle. This wasn't bad luck, we were just rubbish under him. No identity, no idea, no plan. His man management skills were abysmal, ask Hudson. Telling him he couldn't go, then he could, then saying on the pitch after they lost he was off, disgrace. And his most of his transfers were bad at best, crooked at worst, especially in the case of Eikrem and Berget.

You can.
    What was his excuse in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I can. We lost 4-0 to Hull, 3-0 to Palace, 4-0 to Sunderland and 3-0 to Newcastle. This wasn't bad luck, we were just rubbish under him. No identity, no idea, no plan. His man management skills were abysmal, ask Hudson. Telling him he couldn't go, then he could, then saying on the pitch after they lost he was off, disgrace. And his most of his transfers were bad at best, crooked at worst, especially in the case of Eikrem and Berget.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    You can.
    What was his excuse in the Championship?
    Had to sell the spine of the team. Got seven games with a new squad. First half against Norwich, a game we lost, is probably the best I’ve seen Cardiff play to date..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Had to sell the spine of the team. Got seven games with a new squad. First half against Norwich, a game we lost, is probably the best I’ve seen Cardiff play to date..
    Quite a statement, that.

One half of football in his 30 games here was all there was to get excited about.
    What a manager.

We played far far better far more times in the Dave Jones period in many more games then one half hour against Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    One half of football in his 30 games here was all there was to get excited about.
    What a manager.
    You could say that, and you could say it was a club in total chaos. Most people recognize that. Just listened to Steven Caulker. Rene Mulensteen. Jaap Stam. Just resent Warnock said the same. And I think most can agree it didn’t start with Ole. If you like him as a manager or not is up to you. But it was more complicated than that. Looking forward to see what happens. Could crash, or could go well, you never know.

Here's...Ole!

Capture.JPG

I did enjoy the 3-3 at West Brom, chaotic football at it's best!

Is Wolff your middle name? In between Magnus and Eikrem?

You could say that, and you could say it was a club in total chaos. Most people recognize that. Just listened to Steven Caulker. Rene Mulensteen. Jaap Stam. Just resent Warnock said the same. And I think most can agree it didn’t start with Ole. If you like him as a manager or not is up to you. But it was more complicated than that. Looking forward to see what happens. Could crash, or could go well, you never know.
    He is far from blameless. Where was the shape, where were the tactics, why did we lose heavily to all the teams around us? Everyone seems to be excusing him for being shit. And that's before we get to signing Eikrem, Daehli and Berget. They were signed from his mate in a jobs for the boys. At best, he was giving his mates a gig. At worst he's intentionally spent the clubs money so his agent friend could get paid. Honestly, the bloke is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Is Wolff your middle name? In between Magnus and Eikrem?
    To be unveiled at Old Trafford in January, NQAT.

You can. Look at his results not only in the Premier League but the Championship also, as well as lumbering us with shite that we couldn't get rid of and had to pay off, setting the club back for years