+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ole to be named Man Utd interim manager

Re: Ole to be named Man Utd interim manager

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Had to sell the spine of the team. Got seven games with a new squad. First half against Norwich, a game we lost, is probably the best I’ve seen Cardiff play to date..
    Really? Taking a 2 goal lead is the best you've seen? Surely the counter to that is the shambolic second half which saw us concede 4 goals

He was given absolute power, a war chest and produced a shambolic side who were 17th in the Championship We were going in one direction and that was to League 1

When we kick off on Saturday he can look to his left and learn from the master.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I did enjoy the 3-3 at West Brom, chaotic football at it's best!
    One of the best endings to a City match ever. Baggies fans were all for jumping in front of the first train at The Hawthorns, afterwards. A pity Watford didn't end like that 3-3 draw.

I thought that this was a joke at first.

He came across as one of the most likeable, yet completely disorganised and naive managers that I can remember us having who was completely out of his depth.

His tactics, whatever they were, were shambolic and his transfer dealings even worse!

Maybe he is just the front man for Mike Phelan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I can. We lost 4-0 to Hull, 3-0 to Palace, 4-0 to Sunderland and 3-0 to Newcastle. This wasn't bad luck, we were just rubbish under him. No identity, no idea, no plan. His man management skills were abysmal, ask Hudson. Telling him he couldn't go, then he could, then saying on the pitch after they lost he was off, disgrace. And his most of his transfers were bad at best, crooked at worst, especially in the case of Eikrem and Berget.
    While I'm not sure who could have righted our failing season when Malky left (be honest, most of the fans didn't like the club at that time, the owner hated the former manager and the former manager was apparently dodgy in several different ways - it was like a civil war in football terms) so not sure how much we can assign to Ole at that time. His bigger issue being him getting the chance to spend the summer after and being out of his depth at Championship level.

But what does Ole need to do at Manchester United to get them to win games? He could repeat the Giggs model of picking a few youth players and telling established stars to attack, or the Di Matteo model of saying the players can decide how they want to play rather than the manager and either method will lead to wins over 13 teams in this division such is the talent of their squad.

Hopefully he panics at the ground where things went wrong, he tries to do too much and they appear more confused than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I can. We lost 4-0 to Hull, 3-0 to Palace, 4-0 to Sunderland and 3-0 to Newcastle. This wasn't bad luck, we were just rubbish under him. No identity, no idea, no plan. His man management skills were abysmal, ask Hudson. Telling him he couldn't go, then he could, then saying on the pitch after they lost he was off, disgrace. And his most of his transfers were bad at best, crooked at worst, especially in the case of Eikrem and Berget.
    Add the 3 0 to Swansea as well.

He was a total disaster of a manager.

A joke of an appointment. Sadly he wont have enough time to make things worse for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    It is official:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46616768

After the hammer-blow that was Jose's departure, this is about as good a piece of news as we could hope for. Under Jose I think we had 4 points to play for against Utd. Under Ole, I think we can aim for 6.
    🤣🤣, totally agree, the guy is a clown 😊

Manure next 4 games, City, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Newcastle. If OGS can't win most of those with the squad he has inherited he needs shagging 😊