+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Sunderland Til I Die' documentary on Netflix

Re: 'Sunderland Til I Die' documentary on Netflix

I enjoyed it as well and like you, lost interest in Man City thing.

The insight to the club was excellent, but thought that the fans thought that they were better than anyone else.

It will, or should make you realise that unless we're a club like Manchester Utd, Man City, Liverpool etc, we could easily slip into very dangerous waters.

Look at 'em now, about to start another season in League One surrounded by teams that will in no way roll over for them.

On a similar note , I heard on talkSPORT there’s a very good maradona documentary out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    On a similar note , I heard on talkSPORT there’s a very good maradona documentary out ?
    Trailer looks good, by the same guy that did the senna one. Think it's in some cinemas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    How do their fans come across? I thought they were the best away fans at the CCS in the PL the last time round. We played them on the Saturday between Christmas and New Year (David Kerslake in charge!) in a 5.30pm tv game. They brought a lot of fans and sang all game, even though they were bottom.
    I've always hated Sunderland fans after what they did to the minute silence for John Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I've always hated Sunderland fans after what they did to the minute silence for John Charles.
    totally agree with you.

Also seeing them acting like pricks in Trafalgar Square before the play off game made me delighted to see them lose, hopefully never play them again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Seemingly very passionate, but very quick to turn on the team when things go wrong, which I always found a really strange contradiction.

Btw, I always remember Sunderland coming to NP and their fans taking up the entire Grange End (sans roof admittedly) in what must have been the 1976/76 season, when they won the old second Division - I don't ever remember seeing that before or after.

It was quite a sight.

The other thing to mention is that Jack Rodwell comes out of the programme really badly for deciding to see out the remainder of his 70k a week contract, which the club think that he should just tear up as they can no longer afford it. Which happens ALL the time in real business situations of course.
    The Rodwell situation for me was well and truly Sunderland's making and ther player was more than entitled to see out his contract.
    If anything it was proof of Sunderland having paid an unfavoured player well over what he was worth or sides would have been more than willing to meet his pricetag and wage.

I admit to having laughed when I first saw this show up on Netflix but took the plunge and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is also noteable that when the series kicks off it shows a club and fanbase brimming with confidence which slowly turns into a nightmare season. I honestly think they wanted to show the clubs march to promotion and all that came with it.
    The twist in the plot adds to it if anything though. The twist is very City like especially the bit where the fans stay back to give them some $hit after the final whistle at Brentford. Memories of Burton under Trollope sprang to mind for me.

I loved it, no way would it have been anywhere near as entertaining if they'd had a good season.

The second season with losing in the play off final should be great.