Thread: US to withdraw from Syria

US to withdraw from Syria

Trump orders rapid withdrawal from Syria in apparent reversal

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/19/p...wal/index.html

Re: US to withdraw from Syria

There we go man of peace.

It not a massive force , and he probably knows its better to drop guidance bombs from the desert in Texas, or send in a Jack Ryan led extraction team .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It not a massive force , and he probably knows its better to drop guidance bombs from the desert in Texas, or send in a Jack Ryan led extraction team .
    Might have been nice to consult the military first though?

Apparently the Kurds are thinking of releasing over 3000 prisoners because of this, which is not great news for Europe.

But Putin is pleased, so priorities, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Apparently the Kurds are thinking of releasing over 3000 prisoners because of this, which is not great news for Europe.

If i could decide on the region id withdraw or have one big punch up ,trouble is we rely on their money and oil ,we want to fly around the world and bomb around in cars ,see their money buying our riches ,including football clubs , we are all part of the bigger issue ,they dont get on internally , equally barbaric to their own , even than the alleged ,evil west, and Israel.

I take it you want to see more body bags and permanently disabled soldiers then? The military industrial complex is a money making machine under the control of a small group of insiders, but hey-ho as long as long as you get to be anti-Trump!

So much for the man of war comments many put up when he won lol ,he may of killed less than the last caring administration ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I take it you want to see more body bags and permanently disabled soldiers then? The military industrial complex is a money making machine under the control of a small group of insiders, but hey-ho as long as long as you get to be anti-Trump!
    You know I struggle with your coherence at the best of times but just so I understand:

This is the Donald Trump that has proudly boasted about increasing military spending to levels he subsequently tweeted were unsustainable:

This is the Donald Trump that castigated NATO countries for not spending enough on defence. Particularly I guess targeted towards the military industrial complex that is a money making machine under the control of a small group of insiders?

This is the Donald Trump that stepped over Khasoggi's body bag because he variously estimated that the military industrial complex that is a money making machine under the control of a small group of insiders has arms sales to the Saudi regime estimated by him at $110bn, and variously said they would generate 450,000, 500,000 or 600,000 jobs.

But hey-ho if you have your nose so far up his arse you can't work out where the putrid smell is coming from anymore!

Well crafted riposte, Cyril.

Don, the king of debt, Trump appears to be on a mission to outspend Obama. November's U.S. deficit was the largest ever recorded for that month at $205 billion.

U.S. Budget Deficit Hits Widest on Record for Month of November: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...th-of-november

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You know I struggle with your coherence at the best of times but just so I understand:

This is the Donald Trump that has proudly boasted about increasing military spending to levels he subsequently tweeted were unsustainable:

This is the Donald Trump that castigated NATO countries for not spending enough on defence. Particularly I guess targeted towards the military industrial complex that is a money making machine under the control of a small group of insiders?

This is the Donald Trump that stepped over Khasoggi's body bag because he variously estimated that the military industrial complex that is a money making machine under the control of a small group of insiders has arms sales to the Saudi regime estimated by him at $110bn, and variously said they would generate 450,000, 500,000 or 600,000 jobs.

But hey-ho if you have your nose so far up his arse you can't work out where the putrid smell is coming from anymore!
    The key word is defence, not never-ending wars

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well crafted riposte, Cyril.

Don, the king of debt, Trump appears to be on a mission to outspend Obama. November's U.S. deficit was the largest ever recorded for that month at $205 billion.

U.S. Budget Deficit Hits Widest on Record for Month of November: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...th-of-november
    But were safer .

Wall building is not cheap, you seen the price of bricks recently

If i could decide on the region id withdraw or have one big punch up ,trouble is we rely on their money and oil ,we want to fly around the world and bomb around in cars ,see their money buying our riches ,including football clubs , we are all part of the bigger issue ,they dont get on internally , equally barbaric to their own , even than the alleged ,evil west, and Israel.
    Withdrawing is fine but not on the spur of the moment by tweet. The Mattis resignation is a clear signal of what the military think and it doesn't bode well for the rest of the world.

But were safer .

Wall building is not cheap, you seen the price of bricks recently
    Ok, I'm going to assume these posts are the windups you're really proud of.

Withdrawing is fine but not on the spur of the moment by tweet. The Mattis resignation is a clear signal of what the military think and it doesn't bode well for the rest of the world.
    A Secretary of Defense stays in the post for an average of two years, and then somebody else takes over. It's completely normal, yet suddenly it doesn't bode well for the rest of the year

A Secretary of Defense stays in the post for an average of two years, and then somebody else takes over. It's completely normal, yet suddenly it doesn't bode well for the rest of the year
    *world not year

The Kurdish state the west and USA wants will never happen so what's the point of being there. We've let them down again .
    Russia will sort them or kill em .

The Kurdish state the west and USA wants will never happen so what's the point of being there. We've let them down again .
    Russia will sort them or kill em .
    A little birdie told me Saudi Arabia are moving in to defend the Kurds

My guess is that it was a cuckoo

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    My guess is that it was a cuckoo
    Nah it was : "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Reports are suggesting Israel have been flying in late in the day Christmas gifts for the people of Syria.

SYRIAN AIR DEFENSES CONFRONT ISRAELI MISSILES ABOVE DAMASCUS: https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/...amascus-575439

Syrian air defenses intercept ‘hostile targets’ over Damascus : https://www.rt.com/news/447393-syria...s-air-targets/

I think this us more to do with Turkish favours and I'm guessing the Turks may withdrawn the use of this airfields, fly over zones , if the USA continues to support or use the Kurdish folk as thier Syrian proxy army .

Israel and Turkey along with Saudi will sort or manage Syria along with the american intelligence machine .
    (Plus an unknown shake of the hand ,with Russia )