+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any hate for Solskjaer?

Is there any hate for Solskjaer?

He was rubbish for us agreed. Seemed totally out of his depth.

However I’ve seen quite a few fans wanting to get one over on him.

Is there any real animosity towards him?

Re: Is there any hate for Solskjaer?

Hate corrodes the soul.

"Be positive, good thing will follow" - Elkie Brooks

I don’t think so. He arrived in a pretty toxic environment. I remember I bumped into him at Cardiff airport when they were flying to Newcastle for that last game they had to win, he was charming as ever. You could tell just by looking at the players that we were f*cked. None of them wanted to speak or even say hello, most didn’t even look up from their phones.

Don’t see why anyone would hate him seems like a nice guy just not very good as a football manager, watching us under him was just embarrassing none of the players actually knew where they was playing, I don’t think I’ve ever been so annoyed watching a game as I was when hull put 4 past us it was diabolical now I know Wolff is a fellow Norwegian but how he can think what he does is laughable

No hate. Wrong manager wrong time.
    Wish him well at Man United after Saturday.

No, a bit like Trollope.
    Wrong place, wrong time.

good luck to him after saturday

Not at all. He was just inexperienced and not up to the job with our shambles of a club at the time.

We've got the right man now. Excessively experienced and I imagine he holds his own in meetings with the board.

I think OGS will turn into a decent manager in the future.

Hate no. Resentment yes.

Certainly no hate from me. However it would be great to turn them over with all the United fans belittling our opinions on him as ‘what do you expect, Cardiff are crap, so he was bound to fail ‘ whilst ignoring the fact he not only took us down , but got shit results in the Championship after spending a small fortune and his tactics were a joke.

No hate from me

Hate leads to suffering

Yoda

Well he actually said :

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

But i used artistic license

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Don’t see why anyone would hate him seems like a nice guy just not very good as a football manager, watching us under him was just embarrassing none of the players actually knew where they was playing, I don’t think I’ve ever been so annoyed watching a game as I was when hull put 4 past us it was diabolical now I know Wolff is a fellow Norwegian but how he can think what he does is laughable
    What do you think I think? I think the club was a car crash when he took over. I don’t think the players that was here was good enough. History has proved that right. None of the players has done anything since. We lost a lot of games, and most of them down to personal errors. I think Ole was desperate to find a system working, and that was why we played 3-5-2 etc. games we where competitive in btw. I think Eikrem and Daehlie was brilliant talent, but I don’t think he should have signed them. I know the club didn’t support Ole as much as the fans like to think. He was trying to bring in Josh King, Fonte, Mame diouf etc, but didn’t get the support from the club. I believe football I more complicated than most of you, and I find a lot of the views on the matter stupid. I find it stupid investing in a new squad and give the manager 7 games to gel. From my memory, the two teams we lost to got promoted? I think it is mature of Ole admitting he was wrong rotating as much as he did. He said he was looking for something to work, but should have given players time and settle. I know he is a very good manager and tactically very good. Not afraid to change as he goes. I know Sir Alex share my views, and that is why Ole is coming down to CCS this weekend. So we might be laughable, but I can live with that.
    Will be very interesting this game, a game I don’t think we would have won with either Mourinho or Ole at the helm. But I had a tactical thought for the weekend, now I don’t. It’s that unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Certainly no hate from me. However it would be great to turn them over with all the United fans belittling our opinions on him as ‘what do you expect, Cardiff are crap, so he was bound to fail ‘ whilst ignoring the fact he not only took us down , but got shit results in the Championship after spending a small fortune and his tactics were a joke.
    I can never hate Ole after attending an event in April 2014 at Cardiff City Stadium where he met Trust members, he showed he really wanted to succeed at the club and came over as a thoroughly decent bloke, but, saying that, you make a good point about how we struggled in the Championship with him as well because this is tending to get forgotten in the reaction to his appointment this week - sadly, he was a hopeless Cardiff City manager and I struggle to see how anyone looking at those eight months he was in charge with an open mind could deny that.

I don't hateHIM, but I really think we had a chance of doubling the Jacks until he picked the team to play them.
    He took us from relatively safe to bottom.

Hate, no
    Resent what he did, yes.

And I won't wish him well, whatever happens on Sat.
    I hope he does for Manure what he did for us, but that's more anti-MU than anti OGS.
    G

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Don't we want to get one over on all opposition managers?

Set us back years.

Useless rather than vindictive I guess.

Useless and set us back years as welshlad says. The Eikrem and Berget transfers still leave an extremely sour taste though.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

In this season of goodwill one must show express love and joy .

Ole came amongst us with a joyous smile, he was the first real messiah ,who had walked in the footsteps of the gods.

I have heard from good sheppards as he left us , he laid down fairy dust, as a result ,and thereafter two managers , a new messiah appeared, just where that dust had fallen, and low and behold , born upon us ,was the saint Neil of the Warnock .

Thanks Ole.

On the plus side, we need to thank Solskjaer. He was so bad, we got the rebrand reversed.

He was just in over his head. Hopefully he will be again on Saturday.

I doubt many hate him.
    We've had many poor managers at the club but I doubt many will have set out to be poor. He had a tough job but ultimately failed.
    I just think he's not very good and long may it continue.

Solskaer will have experienced and talented people around him, players and coaching staff, so the experience will benefit him personally and is a shot to nothing for him.

I thought initially he was a strange appointment but perhaps they should have done something like this 4 years ago... appoint a 'puppet' until they get their man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    On the plus side, we need to thank Solskjaer. He was so bad, we got the rebrand reversed.
    Good point, I was about to remind everyone we could still be playing in red if it wasn't for Ole!

I like Solskjaer - just not as our manager.

However bad he is as a manager (crap for us, but successful in other roles) it is hard to imagine he won't improve Man U for Saturday just by not being Mourinho. There will be a feel good factor, and players picked and trying to impress who would have been on the bench or the beach. Mike Phelan will be part of that too.

If they turn up and do what they're capable of (even if the direction from the manager is confused) we will lose. Hopefully some of the disfunction, confusion, and depression that has infected that club will still be around despite Solskjaer's appointment. But probably not.

He looks like a clown without the makeup.

He managed City like a clown.

I don’t hate him but I will boo the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    He looks like a clown without the makeup.