+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any hate for Solskjaer?

Re: Is there any hate for Solskjaer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Eikrem isn’t any good. But he was an exeptional talent. Why man utd picked him up. Brilliant on his day. Think he proved that at both herenween and malmo. Have nothing to do in a 4-4-2 formation, but I don’t think Slade knew that lol..
    But a few of them did, didn’t they? Bigger clubs, bigger leagues. And most of them for free.
    The ones who have disappeared without a trace are the players we had in premier league, is it not?
    Eikrem is back at Molde now .

Apart from Bergstaller which ones are at bigger clubs and surely there is no bigger league than the Premier league ?

Think what we got for daehlie about covered up for the three Norwegians. Don’t rember fees for other than Burgstaller, which I think was a million.
    Ole sold 14 players and bought 15, didn’t he?
    Don’t think it’s fear to blame him that the club was doing a fire sale so Slade could build he own squad. It was certainly not very smart doing a massive clear out statement. Why would anyone pay then? Most of the players went on to bigger and better things. Poor business, from end to end, I agree.
    Not defending Slade, but he had to get rid of players on £30k per week and replace them with players on £5k per week or less

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I don’t think we did get our money back.
    We had to pay a lot of those players off. Plus their wages for months whilst they did nothing.

When it was clear he wasn’t going to take us back up then we had to get rid of the higher paid players.

I actually liked Bergstaller and he was one I wanted to keep, but Eikrem and Berget were way out of their depth and Daehli clearly didn’t have the strength for British football. Not forgetting the overweight and unfit Macheda and Dicgachoi.

Fabio, Morrison and Manga were all good signings. But cost us £10m in fees and a fortune in wages. He would have been better off keeping Hudson and not bringing in Manga as the club was desperately short of leaders.

He comes across as a nice guy, but he really was a disaster here.
    We came close on the Norwegians, what was I was saying. We lost on every other part. I agree, Daehlie didn’t have the physical presence for battle Millwall in the midfield. After his two years humping arround injuried, he clearly show what he is capable of now in Germany.
    Agree with the leader bit though, and many other points made.

Eikrem is back at Molde now .

Apart from Bergstaller which ones are at bigger clubs and surely there is no bigger league than the Premier league ?
    At the time Malmo was a bigger club. More money, bigger crowds. CL etc. Fabio, Guerra. Cala. Burgstaller. Moved up, didn’t they? I know he is. Haven’t seen him in years.

Not defending Slade, but he had to get rid of players on £30k per week and replace them with players on £5k per week or less
    I think it’s beyond stupidity spending that kind of money on players, and abandon promotion after 7 games. When first bringing in the shamster, yes, he had to cut budget. But is that the way to do it?
    “Please someone buy my car, I can’t afford to keep it!” I just know I’m going to get ripped off..

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We dropped a big bollock with burgstaller
    Yeh strange one he played against a good Wolvesburg side ,and looked technically good ,I thought we should have kept him

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hate corrodes the soul.

"Be positive, good thing will follow" - Elkie Brooks
    So, you believe in the Soul? And it's ok for Elkie Brooks to have blind faith?

I think you're turning, Genie

We came close on the Norwegians, what was I was saying. We lost on every other part. I agree, Daehlie didn’t have the physical presence for battle Millwall in the midfield. After his two years humping arround injuried, he clearly show what he is capable of now in Germany.
    Agree with the leader bit though, and many other points made.
    These players were signed in the Premier League though. And only Daehli showed anything.
    During the short spell Ole was in charge IIRC we lost at home to Hull 4-0, Palace 3-0, West Ham ( who were on their bones with injuries ) 2-0 ... away to Swansea 3-0, Newcastle 3-0 and Sunderland 4-0

These were all our relegation rivals and were all pretty shit to be fair.

At Christmas, with most of our rivals near the bottom to play we looked good odds to stay up.

We ended up bottom and embarrassed.

Then in the summer Ole bought a load of expensive players on big wages and then proceeded to do things like play Le Fondre ( a known goal poacher) on the wing !

You have a point when you say he wasn’t given much time at the start of the season, but we were 17th, clueless and really didn’t look like we were going to be able to challenge. Patience had run out and given the money which had been put in it wasn’t surprising.

It wasn’t just that, the performances were mostly awful
    An overall win success of 17% is pretty poor too

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yeh strange one he played against a good Wolvesburg side ,and looked technically good ,I thought we should have kept him
    Ole only picked him once as well.
    Strange.
    Perhaps when he realised we weren’t going back up, like Guerra he wasn’t interested

At the time Malmo was a bigger club. More money, bigger crowds. CL etc. Fabio, Guerra. Cala. Burgstaller. Moved up, didn’t they? I know he is. Haven’t seen him in years.
    Not sure about that .
    Malmö crowds were only 14k that season , and 17k the season after ( they overlapped)

Ours was 21500

As for money , given we had parachute payments of £25m then that is unlikely too. It’s just we had such a ridiculous wage bill that even on a turnover approaching £50m meant we were losing serious money.

Fabio stayed for a while and moved to Boro who we passed. He was excellent for us and we got £2m for him. I’d take him back now.

Guerra went to a struggling side in Spain ( Malaga) and IIRC got relegated . Then onto Vallecano who also went down.Apparently he was an awful influence on the club and absolutely didn’t want to be here. He signed a precontract in Jan thinking we were staying up.
    What I would say though is he was an excellent player - probably better than all the other strikers we had at the time ( and there were loads)
    Scored shit loads in Segunda División and even40 La Liga goals too. But if he wasn’t interested then what could we do.

Cala similar- went to Getafe, got relegated, then to Las Palmas and went down. Now is Segunda Division. He was probably 4th choice centre half here anyway.

Bergstaller has gone on to better things and that’s no surprise.

Our squad was very strong on paper, so why did they do so badly.

Fans felt very let down and frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We dropped a big bollock with burgstaller
    Because he had success in Germany? Diego Forlan was poor in the premier league and was a dream striker in La Liga but we're Man United wrong to sell him based on what he did for them? Or the price? If we couldn't afford his wages and couldn't find a buyer then one option was to cancel his contract.

He was a total disaster of an appointment. Cant believe anyone who witnessed his reign can even think of sticking up for him.

Decent bloke. Sh!t manager thats it.

Man U would have done better bringing in Slade for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He was a total disaster of an appointment. Cant believe anyone who witnessed his reign can even think of sticking up for him.

I'd like to believe he was a decent bloke so I'm choosing to believe the Eikrem etc deals were just him being led astray but his crooked agent but he's still his agent, so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

He is a puppet for Ferguson to pull the strings imo.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    He is a puppet for Ferguson to pull the strings imo.
    Id thought this as well. Im sure this is a Ferguson recommendation.

I definitely have hate for Solskjaer the manager.

His face angers me. His words even more so.