+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone done Qatar from Rhoose yet?

Re: Has anyone done Qatar from Rhoose yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    You can fly to NYC via Dublin or Amsterdam from Cardiff! You can also clear customs by flying via Dublin, a lot quicker than trying to get through customs in America?
    Dublin is quite a good idea, to avoid the usual 1.5 hr wait state side. A New York flight from Cardiff would be amazing and knock 30 mins off the flight too as it’s closer and quicker to land here rather than Gatwick.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Hey Wozza, I’m away ATM and typing on my phone, so will PM you later. I would like some gen on Adelaide. Thanks
    Pm'd

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Pm'd
    Cheers, I've replied.

Having now finished our Holiday in Perth and used Qatar from Rhoose to Perth via Doha, business class, it was bloody great, I have been once before and went business class with Cathay Pacific, in all honesty I would not pick a favourable between the two airlines as they were both excellent, the Qatar trip though uses the A380 from Doha to Perth and is the only aircraft (I think) that has a dedicated section of a bar!!, me and 'err' indoors gave it a right hammering as well just to be able to get out of the seat for a few hours go to a bar at 38,000 ft is quite surreal, the bar seats even have seat belts so if turbulence, you can sit in the bar with seat belts on the leg from Cardiff to Doha is on the Dreamliner, the Dreamliner flies at a slightly higher altitude and was a bit smoother I thought, nice plane but the A380 has a bit more style, the food is wasted on me being an egg'n chips sort but Doris liked it, selection of champers and wine was excellent, my only gripe was that it is just two hours at the business lounge in Doha, by far the most lavish airline lounge i have been in but did not have time to enjoy it, in pure monetary value it isn't worth it, there is only so much you can eat and drink, but the comfort aspect alone made it worthwhile and as someone who has had a blood clot previously, sitting in a bucket seat for 7.5 and 13 hours isn't a good option the cost of the flight's were approx. £6,700 for the two of us, Doris has been putting a bit aside since i went alone 5 years ago. Perth, the most fabulous city I have ever visited for many reasons, and to have my 58th birthday there sat on Cottesloe beach is a memory I'll cherish to the coffin, never say never but distance alone make it highly unlikely I'll get there again, I think I have only one more long haul trip left in me and that is China and Singapore for my 60th if i reach it!!

60 isn’t that old, I’m mid 40’s but I know some of my folks mates in there 70’s and some in 80’s going here there and everywhere.....you do get more fussy as you get on, I couldn’t do what I did at 20, a ticket to Oz but with so many stops I can’t even remember some of the places I transited in...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Dublin is quite a good idea, to avoid the usual 1.5 hr wait state side. A New York flight from Cardiff would be amazing and knock 30 mins off the flight too as it’s closer and quicker to land here rather than Gatwick.
    I’ve not flow to the US from anywhere other than Dublin for a few years now.

Flybe from Cardiff to Dublin, then Aer Lingus or Norwegian to NY.

Clearing customs in Dublin is great, saves so much time.

Emirates has a bar on their a380 too. I just wish there was one in economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    Emirates has a bar on their a380 too. I just wish there was one in economy.
    Aye, I meant the A380 plane not the specific A380 from Doha to Perth

The FB updates you posted were great. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

What time do you leave from Rhoose? I've looked a couple of times the flight is so early and there's a long wait in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

Good plan. For those with avios, also worth noting that the tax and surcharge you pay from Ireland on redemption flights is a fraction of the amount from the UK (shockingly, over £650 for a return to the US in biz or first now, and it is still hundreds in economy and PE too)

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    From my experience flying from oz to the uk over 8 year period

Emirates
    Singapore
    Qatar
    In my experience these 3 are the best 3 by some distance, in that order as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    Fly a lot, but have never flown Emirates, Qatar, or Royal Brunei. Really have no desire to set foot in any of the Gulf States.

But do have happy memories of flying back to the UK with Thai. After a pretty good dinner, they brought a bottle of brandy round and asked did anyone want an after dinner drink. As I recall, my answer was yes please. As it was when they came round again.

These little things really colour your impressions of an airline.
    Retired 12 months ago after spending the last 16 years living in Dubai.
    Emirates were the best but have gone backwards in last 2-3 years.