+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gatwick airport at a standstill

Re: Gatwick airport at a standstill

I used to be into Drones in a fair way ( somewhat lost interest at the start of this year ) they ticked the box for the geek side of me

This has been a issue that has been coming for a while, DJI ( one of the biggest drone makers ) have even added a Geo no fly zone to stop this, but of course it can be hacked to turn it off

So we can have top end drones hacked to overcome the GeoNFZ, or of course we can just build our own out of parts which wouldnt have the geo hfz

SO the shooting it down idea, they did in the USA a while back, but the airport was out of the way, Gatwick is in a built up area, the drone doesnt need to be flying over the runway, just in the flight path, so thats a no go, you couldnt have a drone falling out of the sky in a built up area

The drone pilot / operator could be driving around in a van and the drone will return to the controller, the person, could put it in the back of the van, change the batteries and drive to the next industrial estate and take-off again

The US have also used another drone to " net " the rouge drone, of course this will cause it to fall out of the sky ( unless the other drone could stop that ? ? ? ? )

Of course then you could attach a bomb to it, fly it over something and detonate, the consequences would catastrophic

I can only see the answer to fly a Real helicopter over it ( above it ) net it with the net attached to a line from the real helicopter, now I am not sure why this hasnt happened, the airport it closed, so no air traffic

Smile Re: Gatwick airport at a standstill

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are the batteries using some kind of alien technolgy?
    Apparently he takes off on the hour, perhaps British rail should take some tips

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I have been wondering about this since drones came about, terrorists could surely use them? Load them with a bomb and fly them wherever? What has happened to all the terrorists too? Apart from that recent one in Strasbourg noth8ng for ages.
    i was wondering if one could fly to an area with a gun loaded and firing should be banned for casual personal use , one lady spoke of her children were in their back garden in the swim gear with a drone above them ??????????

Use only for official use rescue /traffic /police matters etc .

Some peoples holiday's of am,lifetime could have been destroyed ,kids going to Lapland ,if caught the culprits they may get five years out in one ,courtesy of the taxpayer, aaargh .

You can bring these down I've the police do it ??

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The drone pilot / operator could be driving around in a van and the drone will return to the controller, the person, could put it in the back of the van, change the batteries and drive to the next industrial estate and take-off again
    Do you think this is what is happening then?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    That is genius Sir!
    Airport's a joke FFS.

I used to be into Drones in a fair way ( somewhat lost interest at the start of this year ) they ticked the box for the geek side of me

This has been a issue that has been coming for a while, DJI ( one of the biggest drone makers ) have even added a Geo no fly zone to stop this, but of course it can be hacked to turn it off

So we can have top end drones hacked to overcome the GeoNFZ, or of course we can just build our own out of parts which wouldnt have the geo hfz

SO the shooting it down idea, they did in the USA a while back, but the airport was out of the way, Gatwick is in a built up area, the drone doesnt need to be flying over the runway, just in the flight path, so thats a no go, you couldnt have a drone falling out of the sky in a built up area

The US have also used another drone to " net " the rouge drone, of course this will cause it to fall out of the sky ( unless the other drone could stop that ? ? ? ? )

Of course then you could attach a bomb to it, fly it over something and detonate, the consequences would catastrophic

I can only see the answer to fly a Real helicopter over it ( above it ) net it with the net attached to a line from the real helicopter, now I am not sure why this hasnt happened, the airport it closed, so no air traffic
    Could a Barca helicopter do a better job? Asking for a friend.

Surely a shotgun cartridge would do the job and less danger to the public.
    Incredible it can go on so long and they have not apprehended them.

A curfew could be issued to that everyone in the area has to stay indoors for a specific period. It may be an effort to organise but the alternative hasn't been ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you think this is what is happening then?
    Yes, as surely people would spot a drone landing time and time again and report it

of course it could be a few who are doing it

though i am not expert, though it appears no-one is, i saw a news report this morning and the guy giving the interview was a guy i know online, not sure he knows anymore than myself

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A curfew could be issued to that everyone in the area has to stay indoors for a specific period. It may be an effort to organise but the alternative hasn't been ideal.
    indeed

but the damage to property etc etc would have be considered

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Could a Barca helicopter do a better job? Asking for a friend.
    not sure, them maroon and blue stripes is never a good look for a helicopter

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Surely a shotgun cartridge would do the job and less danger to the public.
    Incredible it can go on so long and they have not apprehended them.
    Yep, especially when you consider number plate recognition systems, HD satellite cameras, cellphone tracking, omnipresent CCTV, unmarked police vehicles, etc., They should know every vehicle and person that entered a particular area.

indeed

but the damage to property etc etc would have be considered
    Any damage would be cheaper than the current alternative.

Any damage would be cheaper than the current alternative.
    And on BBC news it has just been stated that it's no bigger than a dustbin lid.

International

Why don't the airport authorities use drones to bring down the drone? Either fly into it or it it tries to escape follow it and find out where it goes.
    simples.

And on BBC news it has just been stated that it's no bigger than a dustbin lid.
    under 1/2 M wide, the dji mav is even smaller

I love it when you talk technical

I love it when you talk technical
    I am chatting about it on a few forums to be honest, so just using terms i am using on others

dji is the world leader in drones, incase you didnt know

Every day is a school day in my house

I am chatting about it on a few forums to be honest, so just using terms i am using on others

dji is the world leader in drones, incase you didnt know

Every day is a school day in my house
    Maybe it's the second coming of djises...

Someone knows who is doing this.
    Offer a no questions asked reward of 100,000 ffs to anyone who can grass them up

Christmas. Another season spoiled by drones
    That little ditty has made this whole thread a worthwhile read sir. 😂

The Mavic 2 Pro is better.

It's looking more and more embarrassing as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Drone is still flying and now the army have been called in?#
    Disruption will continue into weekend, im guessing this will cause delays at all airports across Europe as planes will no longer be where they are supposed to be, linked with pilots as well this will be catastrophic.
    Surely this must have been pre planned, could it be terror related?
    Definately looks pre-planned and not just some spotty youth "having a laugh". All too easy. Major sporting events next for copycat disruption or worse? ISIS have used drones😐

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Definately looks pre-planned and not just some spotty youth "having a laugh". All too easy. Major sporting events next for copycat disruption or worse? ISIS have used drones😐
    Has anyone actually seen it? I can't believe there is not one mobile device footage anywhere on the net. Funny that this event has taken up all the news coverage for the day.
    Not a mention of the Government passing an £85m cut to Public Health on the last day before Parliamentary recess.