+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Iain Lee keeps suicidal caller on the phone until an ambulance found him

Iain Lee keeps suicidal caller on the phone until an ambulance found him

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...l-caller-phone

Good man, hope the fella is okay and getting the support he needs now.

Re: Iain Lee keeps suicidal caller on the phone until an ambulance found him

Feck Xmas and give your money to the samaritans

I was driving home from Bristol earlier in the week and, for once, the traffic was not too bad at all. Then I got near to Pontypool and the traffic near to the MacDonalds roundabout ground to a halt. I cursed my luck but then I could see that there were just a couple of cars and a truck stopped in the left-hand lane and it was clear after that. When I went past I could see a few people stood around someone lying in the middle of the lane. Bit of a puzzle since there aren't any pedestrians on that stretch and obviously if they'd been hurt in a crash they'd be in the car.

It turns out that someone had jumped from the bridge crossing the dual-carriageway into the path of the truck. So very sad. And sad of course for the poor truck driver, even though he would have not been able to do a thing about it.

There are a lot of people out there having a very bad time and Christmas, which most of us look forward to, makes it even worse for some of them. So let's try and be kind and considerate, if only for a few weeks?

Except to Jeremy Clarkson of course. He can **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Feck Xmas and give your money to the samaritans
    always do set up a standing order