+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Agreement in principle" for striker for club record fee.

"Agreement in principle" for striker for club record fee.

Re: "Agreement in principle" for striker for club record fee.

£18m plus add ons?

That would be a major statement by the club, and a better (if much more expensive) option than Oumar Niasse from Everton, or any of the other 'linked' names.

He wasn't even starting at Nantes before their new manager came in, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Either way, an article about him:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...i-aguero-messi

He sounds like someone that would suit our system. Willingness to play out of position, plays with his back to goal, hard working and a focal point.

Fábio is with Sala at Nantes (along with 5 more Brazilians). Presumably he has been complimentary about the club and the city.

Hold on tight this is our make or break moment .

Someone tell the lad if he hears a moan, as he skys his first opportunity, it's only the sound of fans having a tight poo.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...dball-15581779

Referring to the Sala negotiations with Nantes, he said: "It’s very very difficult. I thought we agreed a fee with a club but then they came back and put another couple of million on top.

"If he’s coming over, it won’t be for 20 million. He was one of the players.

Warnock playing it down at the press conference.

January plans

“We’ve looked at so many now, I’m almost dizzy. It’s very very difficult. I thought we agreed a fee with a club but then they came back and put another couple of million on top. We’re not going to get held to ransom. If that’s the case, we’ll stick to what we’ve got. I expect to bring two or three in, but it may not be our first choices. I’m not going to have a gun put to my head. I wouldn’t put that onto Vincent (Tan).”

Sala latest

“If he’s coming over, it won’t be for 20 million. He was one of the players [we’ve looked at].”

Niasse speculation

“They’re all mentioned, but at the moment I would imagine in Everton’s case they’ll probably wait until the end of the transfer window. We won’t be paying silly money for players. We’ll offer realistic offers and see how we go. We won’t be able to bring in players early doors, it might be at the end of the window. We’re mentioning names to the chairman, who’s working hard, and Ken Choo, but it’s not as straightforward as that. They realise how difficult it is, the January window.”

Disappointed on transfers?

“I’m disappointed. You want things to get done and it’s not always possible. There’s no blame on anybody. Teams when you look for players see the Premier League as an opportunity to put an extra zero on a player, but we’re not having that. Although it will be disappointing, we have to stick to certain principles. Even if I signed three really good players, it’ll be an uphill battle, trust me.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nited-15580580

If he signs the next few months may be our Sala days....

Think we need to be on or close to 20 points after the Spurs game to justify big money signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Think we need to be on or close to 20 points after the Spurs game to justify big money signings.
    We'll do well to get 1 or 2 points with 2 probable away defeats and potentially 2 home defeats to two big 6 clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We'll be within touch of the pack, at absolute worst. We'll see how the land lies after Huddersfield and Newcastle I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Fábio is with Sala at Nantes (along with 5 more Brazilians). Presumably he has been complimentary about the club and the city.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...fabio-12834094

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock playing it down at the press conference.

January plans

“We’ve looked at so many now, I’m almost dizzy. It’s very very difficult. I thought we agreed a fee with a club but then they came back and put another couple of million on top. We’re not going to get held to ransom. If that’s the case, we’ll stick to what we’ve got. I expect to bring two or three in, but it may not be our first choices. I’m not going to have a gun put to my head. I wouldn’t put that onto Vincent (Tan).”

Sala latest

“If he’s coming over, it won’t be for 20 million. He was one of the players [we’ve looked at].”

Niasse speculation

“They’re all mentioned, but at the moment I would imagine in Everton’s case they’ll probably wait until the end of the transfer window. We won’t be paying silly money for players. We’ll offer realistic offers and see how we go. We won’t be able to bring in players early doors, it might be at the end of the window. We’re mentioning names to the chairman, who’s working hard, and Ken Choo, but it’s not as straightforward as that. They realise how difficult it is, the January window.”

Disappointed on transfers?

“I’m disappointed. You want things to get done and it’s not always possible. There’s no blame on anybody. Teams when you look for players see the Premier League as an opportunity to put an extra zero on a player, but we’re not having that. Although it will be disappointing, we have to stick to certain principles. Even if I signed three really good players, it’ll be an uphill battle, trust me.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nited-15580580
    The real disappointment here is the comment about waiting until the end of the window. We have key games against Huddersfield and Newcastle in January. It would be great to get as many in at the start of the month, to get the maximum value.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    The real disappointment here is the comment about waiting until the end of the window. We have key games against Huddersfield and Newcastle in January. It would be great to get as many in at the start of the month, to get the maximum value.
    Consequence of the window, though. Teams aren't going to let their players go if they've not got players in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Consequence of the window, though. Teams aren't going to let their players go if they've not got players in.
    I know what you mean but in any chain someone has to go first. Just a shame that as a PL club, we couldn't start the dominoes falling, rather than wait.

Fábio always gave 100% and was very skilful. He’s up there with Bothroyd as one of the most gifted players we’ve had, in my opinion.

Fábio always gave 100% and was very skilful. He’s up there with Bothroyd as one of the most gifted players we’ve had, in my opinion.
    He was brilliant and I loved him but he couldn’t defend

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I know what you mean but in any chain someone has to go first. Just a shame that as a PL club, we couldn't start the dominoes falling, rather than wait.
    You'd hope that Sala could come in earlier, I'd be surprised if we didn't at least try to get new faces in before Huddersfield. Those two games could define our season. Huddersfield will be without Mooy (either injury or Asia cup) as well.

What I take from all this is we've made them a firm offer and maybe they are just trying it on for a few more euro's.Now,if they had any genuine interest from the other prem sides supposed to be looking at him then maybe they can play hard ball but as far as I can see theres nothing I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    What I take from all this is we've made them a firm offer and maybe they are just trying it on for a few more euro's.Now,if they had any genuine interest from the other prem sides supposed to be looking at him then maybe they can play hard ball but as far as I can see theres nothing I can see.
    Warnock has been open in the media about him which gives me a sneaky suspicion he’s using him as a smoke screen
    Come on welshlad give us some news

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You'd hope that Sala could come in earlier, I'd be surprised if we didn't at least try to get new faces in before Huddersfield. Those two games could define our season. Huddersfield will be without Mooy (either injury or Asia cup) as well.
    After today's game at PSG the next game for Nantes is on 4th Jan. He could join us tomorrow and train with us and be available for Spurs on NYD.

Hope we dont get a Guerra situation ,yes i'll sign , but dont want to play straight away ,Ill pop over at season end see how your doing ,and then sulk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    After today's game at PSG the next game for Nantes is on 4th Jan. He could join us tomorrow and train with us and be available for Spurs on NYD.
    lets hope he doesn't score.is it on television

Just read on-line that he would be on more than 6 times the salary with us so if theres any truth in this he's probably telling Nantes he wants to go yesterday.