+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Etheridge

Etheridge

Will only miss one game due to only being selected for Phillipines opener against South Korea, then being released to return to City.
    The game he will miss Gillingham in FA Cup.

Re: Etheridge

Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Will only miss one game due to only being selected for Phillipines opener against South Korea, then being released to return to City.

BRILLIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    BRILLIANT
    I can imagine Smithies will be disappointed. Brought in for a big fee with a very good reputation, he hasn't had a look in other than for cup games. He'd have played against Gillingham anyway. Wonder if he'll be gone in the summer, looking for first-team football?

Bet Smithies is a tad disappointed with that.

Seems utterly pointless in him going at all to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    Seems utterly pointless in him going at all to be honest!
    Gets to play in a major tournament, only misses a cup game. Good for him, and great news for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I can imagine Smithies will be disappointed. Brought in for a big fee with a very good reputation, he hasn't had a look in other than for cup games. He'd have played against Gillingham anyway. Wonder if he'll be gone in the summer, looking for first-team football?
    Isn't he supposed to be our main 'keeper too? I think Etheridge was brought in as a bench warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Isn't he supposed to be our main 'keeper too? I think Etheridge was brought in as a bench warmer.
    Etheridge was supposed to be back up to Camp, Smithies was brought in to challenge Etheridge, and cover him at the Asia Cup. I'm sure the club are delighted that he's only missing the FA Cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I think we need to play Smithies anyway to warm him up