There are many components to the drag on the health service which if addressed could allow us to pay our junior doctors, ambulance crews and wonderful nurses more ,my experience on Friday showed me how wonderful they all are ,however the abuse and sights they endure on a daily basis is truly awful ,they have to be polite to people who are draining the life and cost out of the NHS which I'm my view is as big an issue to funds as mad Mayism, it appears we have a one eyed view on the NHS ( blame a Tory ) well sorry I agree in part, this great organisation should not be lost to us however it cant continue in its current form as it's not refundable :
I'd allow NHS to introduce self inflicted pot injury fines at A & E .
I'd house drunks / louts injured away from A@E.

I'd charge for minor alignments visits to GP.

Stop prescriptions for low value drugs such as paracetamol 's, antiseptic creams etc .

Drivers found responsible for causing injury/death fined as a health cost for the injury and call out in addition to criminal charges(those fines ring fenced and funded directly back into NHS)

Violent folk fined, additionally over crimminal charges.

Anyone earning over 60k pays fixed GP fee's, ie Dentistry.

No one admitted /treated into A&E without national insurance .(seperate process needed ).

Nope not very Nye Bevan like ,but something has to be done to an organisation that is the fifth biggest in the world , Bevan wanted this service for those who couldn't pay ,as did other parties of that time including Tories /Liberals , however it was the desire of Bevan that finally nailed it .

And how grateful I am .