+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Theresa May to oversee £85m in cuts to public health budgets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Theresa May to oversee £85m in cuts to public health budgets

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yes they pay extra, exactly what I'm bloody suggesting. I am not saying deliver the extra in a wheelbarrow to each hospital and say 'spend it how you like', obviously you try to spend any increase in funding as efficiently as possible. Where did you think I was proposing to get the money from? Theresa May's own stash?

You seem to want richer people to pay a bit more for healthcare but you don't want to call it increased funding?

You need to quit the obsession with health tourism, even in the article you cited the context was that it was a very small issue.
    I have left numerous post outside of health tourism , try and absorb the detail it's all bloddy waste , its seems we are fast becoming a society that can behave however we like and assume someone pays for our poor decisions , and those in real need for care suffer ,again someone started posted this as an attack on saving £185m, however we as a society are wasting billions on folk who live a life without care or control ,why should the health service ,nurses, innocent people seeking emergency care suffer , because folk are too drunk or high , or drive ,fight , with no due care , demand prescription drugs though GP's, they could fund themselves instead of buying a can of beer or smoking themselves to death ,if your serious about discussing funding, it has to be all embracing, not just a narrow focused view because you hate certain political parties.

Re: Theresa May to oversee £85m in cuts to public health budgets

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have left numerous post outside of health tourism , try and absorb the detail it's all bloddy waste , its seems we are fast becoming a society that can behave however we like and assume someone pays for our poor decisions , and those in real need for care suffer ,again someone started posted this as an attack on saving £185m, however we as a society are wasting billions on folk who live a life without care or control ,why should the health service ,nurses, innocent people seeking emergency care suffer , because folk are too drunk or high , or drive ,fight , with no due care , demand prescription drugs though GP's, they could fund themselves instead of buying a can of beer or smoking themselves to death ,if your serious about discussing funding, it has to be all embracing, not just a narrow focused view because you hate certain political parties.
    Stop with this strawman ffs, I haven't mentioned any political party.

So, broadly speaking, how do you propose we combat these issues? The implication of saying 'treating domestic violence victims is a waste' is either that you don't think we should treat them or you have some magical way of stopping domestic violence.

When they say x issue costs the NHS y does this include money spent on programs to prevent it? Obesity costs the NHS a shit load yet we see this https://news.sky.com/story/nhs-obesi...e-cut-11598344. Presumably you disagree with the short term nature of this decision?

The only reason any sane person would cancel a service like this is because they want the NHS to go bankrupt and cease to be viable. I imagine you can guess what happens next to 'rescue' us all?