+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theresa May to oversee £85m in cuts to public health budgets

Theresa May to oversee £85m in cuts to public health budgets

Doctors warn cuts will have a ‘damaging impact on people’s health and wellbeing’ and cost the NHS more in the long-run

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a7836086.html

Re: Theresa May to oversee £85m in cuts to public health budgets

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Doctors warn cuts will have a ‘damaging impact on people’s health and wellbeing’ and cost the NHS more in the long-run

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a7836086.html
    Obviously the 350 million a week for the NHS that Brexit was going to produce hasn’t come though yet.

Ah maybe I’m being too hasty I’m sure it will comeback after March 29th.

Honest.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Obviously the 350 million a week for the NHS that Brexit was going to produce hasn’t come though yet.

Ah maybe I’m being too hasty I’m sure it will comeback after March 29th.

Honest.
    A blatant points scoring post IMO NQAT

People with money should pay for their health, ducking madness ,the blame culture adds no value,solutions do .

Her husband's got a shedload of money , Tory scum

Just conformation of my previous analysis, she almost makes Maggie appear human, orrible lady.

Your right ,but there is a bigger picture than just jumping on a political funding bandwagon .

Went to A and E today I was struck that even at midday, there were druggies /drunks being brought in by the the police and ambulances services , how much is this behavior costing our society , my family member was put back to the queue , as some were bleeding falling over due to their indulgences and excesses , that across the country will be costing us many more millions as well .

Do we continue to see the health service abused in this way , I'm sure that even the great Nye Bevan would be appalled at the abuse his great idea has befallen.

With the nation's finances in such a perilous state I support these measures. Spending on the NHS is a huge drag on the economy. Much of it is due to people living longer. UK life expectancy is at 81 years. Another mammoth expense is the State Pension. For a female of that age they have had 21 years of greedily stuffing that benefit into their purse, while a male has been collecting for 16 years. A great many of them are also pocketing a separate public sector pension too. Those characters simply refuse to snuff it. Former teachers are the worst culprits; those utter bastards often cling to life until their mid-90s.

Anyone who has viewed a Post Office queue five minutes before opening time will know it's formed by oldies all on pins to lay their avaricious mitts on yet more public money. Appealing to a sense of patriotism they may possess by imploring them to hurl themselves from tall buildings will flounder because they don't give a brace and bit about the national debt heading for two trillion quid. Up the State Pension qualifying age to 70. Place those who reach 72 in front of a firing squad.

There are many components to the drag on the health service which if addressed could allow us to pay our junior doctors, ambulance crews and wonderful nurses more ,my experience on Friday showed me how wonderful they all are ,however the abuse and sights they endure on a daily basis is truly awful ,they have to be polite to people who are draining the life and cost out of the NHS which I'm my view is as big an issue to funds as mad Mayism, it appears we have a one eyed view on the NHS ( blame a Tory ) well sorry I agree in part, this great organisation should not be lost to us however it cant continue in its current form as it's not refundable :
    I'd allow NHS to introduce self inflicted pot injury fines at A & E .
    I'd house drunks / louts injured away from A@E.

I'd charge for minor alignments visits to GP.

Stop prescriptions for low value drugs such as paracetamol 's, antiseptic creams etc .

Drivers found responsible for causing injury/death fined as a health cost for the injury and call out in addition to criminal charges(those fines ring fenced and funded directly back into NHS)

Violent folk fined, additionally over crimminal charges.

Anyone earning over 60k pays fixed GP fee's, ie Dentistry.

No one admitted /treated into A&E without national insurance .(seperate process needed ).

Nope not very Nye Bevan like ,but something has to be done to an organisation that is the fifth biggest in the world , Bevan wanted this service for those who couldn't pay ,as did other parties of that time including Tories /Liberals , however it was the desire of Bevan that finally nailed it .

And how grateful I am .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your right ,but there is a bigger picture than just jumping on a political funding bandwagon .

Went to A and E today I was struck that even at midday, there were druggies /drunks being brought in by the the police and ambulances services , how much is this behavior costing our society , my family member was put back to the queue , as some were bleeding falling over due to their indulgences and excesses , that across the country will be costing us many more millions as well .

Do we continue to see the health service abused in this way , I'm sure that even the great Nye Bevan would be appalled at the abuse his great idea has befallen.
    So the bigger picture is your anecdote of one visit to A and E? The big picture for health is funding and demographic change. Obviously we need to discourage people from behaviour that harms themselves and costs everyone but that is a fight that will be won by providing opportunity and a future to people who start at the bottom, this doesn't feel like a focus for anybody at the moment because all we care about is borders, fishermen and what colour the passport is.

There are many components to the drag on the health service which if addressed could allow us to pay our junior doctors, ambulance crews and wonderful nurses more ,my experience on Friday showed me how wonderful they all are ,however the abuse and sights they endure on a daily basis is truly awful ,they have to be polite to people who are draining the life and cost out of the NHS which I'm my view is as big an issue to funds as mad Mayism, it appears we have a one eyed view on the NHS ( blame a Tory ) well sorry I agree in part, this great organisation should not be lost to us however it cant continue in its current form as it's not refundable :
    I'd allow NHS to introduce self inflicted pot injury fines at A & E .
    I'd house drunks / louts injured away from A@E.

I'd charge for minor alignments visits to GP.

Stop prescriptions for low value drugs such as paracetamol 's, antiseptic creams etc .

Drivers found responsible for causing injury/death fined as a health cost for the injury and call out in addition to criminal charges(those fines ring fenced and funded directly back into NHS)

Violent folk fined, additionally over crimminal charges.

Anyone earning over 60k pays fixed GP fee's, ie Dentistry.

No one admitted /treated into A&E without national insurance .(seperate process needed ).

Nope not very Nye Bevan like ,but something has to be done to an organisation that is the fifth biggest in the world , Bevan wanted this service for those who couldn't pay ,as did other parties of that time including Tories /Liberals , however it was the desire of Bevan that finally nailed it .

And how grateful I am .
    Or we could just try funding it to the level of other comparable major economies and see whether that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Or we could just try funding it to the level of other comparable major economies and see whether that works?
    It's not easy to match , for example a friend of mine is in Germany and has to pay extra .

Other countries have different levels of entry as well .

We know this though as ex pats in Europe, worry as they get older they don't get the same generosity of care we offer.

Your matching apples and pears .

Anyway down to the city now .

See you there ?

UK spends less on healthcare measured as a percentage of GDP than the other G7 countries except Italy. The government chooses not to match Germany, France, etc, and not because it cannot.

It's not easy to match , for example a friend of mine is in Germany and has to pay extra .

Other countries have different levels of entry as well .

We know this though as ex pats in Europe, worry as they get older they don't get the same generosity of care we offer.

Your matching apples and pears .

Anyway down to the city now .

See you there ?
    Yes that is what increasing funding means, paying more for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    UK spends less on healthcare measured as a percentage of GDP than the other G7 countries except Italy. The government chooses not to match Germany, France, etc, and not because it cannot.
    No apparently it is impossible.

We know it's not. All that's required is to get on the blower to Carney at the Bank of England for him to rustle up another £60 billion in QE as happened in 2016.

No apparently it is impossible.
    I chose not to buy a Premiership Club ticket because as I couldn't afford it. Best to live within ones means ,money apparently doesn't grow on trees .

I chose not to buy a Premiership Club ticket because as I couldn't afford it. Best to live within ones means ,money apparently doesn't grow on trees .
    Poor comparison. Once you spend that money it is gone and likely brings you no additional benefits apart from pleasure. It doesn't work like that for a country.

Having a healthy nation makes us a more productive nation which benefits everyone. It's a worthwhile investment of public money.

Okay we will just fund an unfundable service as if it's a bottomless pit.

I bet not one the posters in this post , would actually fund their own lifestyle like that , or would you run a business like that.

So the bigger picture is your anecdote of one visit to A and E? The big picture for health is funding and demographic change. Obviously we need to discourage people from behaviour that harms themselves and costs everyone but that is a fight that will be won by providing opportunity and a future to people who start at the bottom, this doesn't feel like a focus for anybody at the moment because all we care about is borders, fishermen and what colour the passport is.
    It's not based on one visit to A and E , and its rather presumptuous of you to say that ,there is a broader view to consider from GP attendances, adminstering of certain prescriptions, cosmetic surgeries,
    overall efficiencies of the service , the 100 of millions due to health tourism , people who abuse certain aspects of the NHS to the detriment of those who need real care.

Bigger picture than jumping on the same old (yawn ) political point scoring bandwagon , that motivates most of these debates ,its not about caring for dear old NHS , its about bashing the bad old Tories with the same debate over and over again (yawn ).

Too right it's about bashing the Tory scum , say there's no money available then pull millions out of the hat to stay in govt with the dup, wankers

It's not based on one visit to A and E , and its rather presumptuous of you to say that ,there is a broader view to consider from GP attendances, adminstering of certain prescriptions, cosmetic surgeries,
    overall efficiencies of the service , the 100 of millions due to health tourism , people who abuse certain aspects of the NHS to the detriment of those who need real care.

Bigger picture than jumping on the same old (yawn ) political point scoring bandwagon , that motivates most of these debates ,its not about caring for dear old NHS , its about bashing the bad old Tories with the same debate over and over again (yawn ).
    They deserve everything and more for even thinking about shit like a brexit festival.
    So thank you but I will keep on bashing the duplicitous slime that they are.

I haven't mentioned politics, don't quote me while attacking other posters, quote them.

Okay we will just fund an unfundable service as if it's a bottomless pit.

I bet not one the posters in this post , would actually fund their own lifestyle like that , or would you run a business like that.
    Who is saying fund it like a bottomless pit, why do you always get hysterical?

Once again, you can't compare government spending decisions to household spending decisions. You should probably go and Google it rather than continue to look silly.