+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OGS tactics today...

OGS tactics today...

..unleash the wingbacks
    move pogba behind the front 2
    get marshall and rashford running at our defence
    sorted

Re: OGS tactics today...

It's only 12pm, he doesn't know his tactics yet, or his team. Their fans will be looking at their 'phones come 5pm and wondering what the hell he is doing when they see the team. I remember it well...

There's been a delay in the arrival of machine Camelot so he hasn't picked yet

I defy anyone to make a good defence out of the players they have available. OGS will probably play four up front and five in midfield anyway.

How to ruin a potentially good thread 🙄
    It’s tricky and interesting as **** this one. And it’s not like Warnock is going to spring any surprises..

I expect to see a LOT of shooting from 18 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I defy anyone to make a good defence out of the players they have available. OGS will probably play four up front and five in midfield anyway.
    What the ****ing **** are you talking about? All he had to do was pick a decent 11 and tell them to go out and enjoy themsleves and play. Which is exactly what he did. And look what's happenning. This was a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..unleash the wingbacks
    move pogba behind the front 2
    get marshall and rashford running at our defence
    sorted
    Spot on mate! And we had no plan covering them wingbacks! No adjustmentz

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Spot on mate! And we had no plan covering them wingbacks! No adjustmentz
    He had no tactical effect tonight.
    The players simply played without the monkey on their back.
    Young and Shaw played forward to make it seem like they had 6 midfield players running riot.
    Thankfully this result will not define our season, however, it does show us up at full back where both of ours get nosebleeds if they cross the half way line.
    Felt a little sorry for Patterson tonight.
    We play a home game with a lone striker (who is a full back) with no support from anyone.
    Our midfield was non existent.
    Our problems are a hell of a lot more than a striker

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He had no tactical effect tonight.
    The players simply played without the monkey on their back.
    Young and Shaw played forward to make it seem like they had 6 midfield players running riot.
    Thankfully this result will not define our season, however, it does show us up at full back where both of ours get nosebleeds if they cross the half way line.
    Felt a little sorry for Patterson tonight.
    We play a home game with a lone striker (who is a full back) with no support from anyone.
    Our midfield was non existent.
    Our problems are a hell of a lot more than a striker
    If you really believe that you have absolutely no clue about fotball! Those wingbacks created the unabalance and the freedom of the midfield to make both the ball run and keep the flow of utd. It was clear as day within 10 minutes. If you didn’t see that, I suggest following rugby! The OP was spot on! What you should focus on is why Warnock didn’t make adjustments accordingly.

If you really believe that you have absolutely no clue about fotball! Those wingbacks created the unabalance and the freedom of the midfield to make both the ball run and keep the flow of utd. It was clear as day within 10 minutes. If you didn’t see that, I suggest following rugby! The OP was spot on! What you should focus on is why Warnock didn’t make adjustments accordingly.
    I suggest you try to read what I said again you complete moron

no arguing on my thread..we're all in this together

I suggest you try to read what I said again you complete moron
    I never need to read things twice... Tactics and wingbacks made a huge unbalance. Join a rugby team... The op was dead right..

I never need to read things twice... Tactics and wingbacks made a huge unbalance. Join a rugby team... The op was dead right..
    Exactly what I said (which was why I suggested you read it again).
    The only point I was making was that I doubt it was a genius tactical change by OGS.
    More likely an instruction to simply go out and enjoy yourselves.

Exactly what I said (which was why I suggested you read it again).
    The only point I was making was that I doubt it was a genius tactical change by OGS.
    More likely an instruction to simply go out and enjoy yourselves.
    But it was a tactical change mate! And it creates so much space it was embarrassing to watch. It was obvious the first ten minutes. Yet, no one made adjustments.

But it was a tactical change mate! And it creates so much space it was embarrassing to watch. It was obvious the first ten minutes. Yet, no one made adjustments.
    It looked to me like is started in the very first minute. I don’t think OGS made a tactical change. I simply think they played with complete freedom. Young and Shaw are both that kind of player but under Jose they were probably restricted to a more defensive approach.
    We had no solution as both of our full backs make little/no effort to move forward. Result is an opposition midfield that seemingly runs through you at will.

It looked to me like is started in the very first minute. I don’t think OGS made a tactical change. I simply think they played with complete freedom. Young and Shaw are both that kind of player but under Jose they were probably restricted to a more defensive approach.
    We had no solution as both of our full backs make little/no effort to move forward. Result is an opposition midfield that seemingly runs through you at will.
    Come on mate! The wing backs was their highest attacking treath. It creates the unbalance. At times the backs was their highest standing players.
    It should be easy making them adjustments.

Come on mate! The wing backs was their highest attacking treath. It creates the unbalance. At times the backs was their highest standing players.
    It should be easy making them adjustments.
    I am not disagreeing with any of that. I am simply stating that Man Utd started that way and we did nothing to counter it.

I am not disagreeing with any of that. I am simply stating that Man Utd started that way and we did nothing to counter it.
    Sorry! Then we agree. We did nothing to counter it!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There's been a delay in the arrival of machine Camelot so he hasn't picked yet