+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City just making up the numbers

City just making up the numbers

I hope we don't give Man Utd the result that they and the rest of the world are expecting.

I would have preferred to still see Mourinho in charge today with his bunch of moody players but now he's gone, happy chappy Solskjaer is in and it seems (according to most if not all of the media) that they are going to come out like a team possessed and fulfil all their potential with free flowing, goalscoring football and we will just get blown away.

No one has considered Cardiff City a worthy opponent. We get a mention of having a decent home record and a passionate atmosphere but it's all about United and what they are going to do.

Let's make this our day and hopefully, come 7:30pm, the world will realise there are actually two teams involved and United can't have it all their own way.

Re: City just making up the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I hope we don't give Man Utd the result that they and the rest of the world are expecting.

I would have preferred to still see Mourinho in charge today with his bunch of moody players but now he's gone, happy chappy Solskjaer is in and it seems (according to most if not all of the media) that they are going to come out like a team possessed and fulfil all their potential with free flowing, goalscoring football and we will just get blown away.

No one has considered Cardiff City a worthy opponent. We get a mention of having a decent home record and a passionate atmosphere but it's all about United and what they are going to do.

Let's make this our day and hopefully, come 7:30pm, the world will realise there are actually two teams involved and United can't have it all their own way.

Hear hear

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hear hear
    Ray Parlour quoted yesterday we would have a mullering, lets hope hes as good as Chris Sutton with his forecasting

Well we did it against Man City last time around in the PL and almost against Man Utd (Rooney should have been sent off and then the result might have been different!).

I'm gutted I was planning on insulting badly , if I could get to him .

I wonder if we actually gety mentioned on MOTD.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I wonder if we actually gety mentioned on MOTD.
    Probably be reported as Ole's first open training session.

C'mon boys.I hope we really get into um.

let's hope..last week our tackling was non existent

The line being pushed is the Man Utd squad are world beaters in waiting and it was only Mourinho's gloomy and inhibiting stewardship that hindered them from fulfilling their potential greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The line being pushed is the Man Utd squad are world beaters in waiting and it was only Mourinho's gloomy and inhibiting stewardship that hindered them from fulfilling their potential greatness.
    Love to beat them today,I'm out already, ready for a big day for us, feck them , I reckon our lads will be well wound up for this one . Few cards today and stadium extractions .

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Love to beat them today,I'm out already, ready for a big day for us, feck them , I reckon our lads will be well wound up for this one . Few cards today and stadium extractions .
    Got a horrible feeling that the City will be too wound up and we could be looking at a flurry of cards for silly and very unnecessary matters.
    The script, as far as the football world outside the CF post code is concerned, is one of a glorious and free flowing United headed by Pogba & Sanchez tearing us a new one.
    In fairness, something like that will probably happen but in a Keeganesque manner I would love it if we could win this one.
    Even better ,as it is Man Utd, there is no trouble in finding a bar that is showing the match and most of the game falls into the happy hour (s) beloved over here.

I think Mourinho leaving has greatly reduced our chances of winning, but Ole will not have been able to transform the worst Manchester United defence I've seen in ages into something special in the space of a couple of days (not sure he'd be able to do that in a couple of years judging by his time with us), so I still have some of my pre sacking optimism left.

Win, lose or draw, Manchester United are going to be the focus today - if they were to lose, I'd be willing to bet that the pundits would be slaughtering their players for not raising their game after getting what many of them wanted rather than giving us much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Mourinho leaving has greatly reduced our chances of winning, but Ole will not have been able to transform the worst Manchester United defence I've seen in ages into something special in the space of a couple of days (not sure he'd be able to do that in a couple of years judging by his time with us), so I still have some of my pre sacking optimism left.

Win, lose or draw, Manchester United are going to be the focus today - if they were to lose, I'd be willing to bet that the pundits would be slaughtering their players for not raising their game after getting what many of them wanted rather than giving us much credit.
    I think Man United had about 3,500 fans tonight.
    The rumour is that almost 250 were from Manchester.
    I even saw one flag saying “Barnsley reds” !!!

So in the end we did just make up the numbers. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Wherever they were from they did not stop singing. They sang loud all game and never mentioned us at all. No songs towards us, nothing England related to wind us up- can’t be faulted really.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    They were singing in Sloper Road after the game, then some wag shouted
    "That's enough lads, now get back to London!"

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Wherever they were from they did not stop singing. They sang loud all game and never mentioned us at all. No songs towards us, nothing England related to wind us up- can’t be faulted really.
    I agree, (as much as I hate to) 90+ minutes of supportive songs, no anti-Cardiff, a bit of anti scouse, best away noise since ccs opened

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    For me United have always had the best and most vocal away support in the country

So in the end we did just make up the numbers. Disappointing.
    Not even sure we did that.