+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: feeble

feeble

i've been watching city since the 60's and here tonight. i was also at watford last week. we look a clueless bunch of passionless rubbish. warnock should go now.

Re: feeble

What good would that do? Look at the squad. Warnock deserved his chance. But between him and Tan they completely ****ed it up before the season even started. There's nothing that can be done now.

I wondered when the season over posts would start again. It’s been pretty quiet on that front of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    i've been watching city since the 60's and here tonight. i was also at watford last week. we look a clueless bunch of passionless rubbish. warnock should go now.
    How many of the games that you watched were in the top division?

Whenever we play a big team it's as if we have lost before we start. The distribution is awful, we make so many poor passes and in include Etheridge in that.
    One or two players need a rest and others need to get back to basics like Bamba dribbling in mf.
    Perhaps one positive was Zohore. His running off the ball showed Patterson up for what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Whenever we play a big team it's as if we have lost before we start. The distribution is awful, we make so many poor passes and in include Etheridge in that.
    One or two players need a rest and others need to get back to basics like Bamba dribbling in mf.
    Perhaps one positive was Zohore. His running off the ball showed Patterson up for what he is.
    I always try and look for positives and there weren’t many in that match. The only two real ones I could see are 1) we have a new penalty taker and 2) Zohore looked like he was up for it (but it was Man Utd, let’s see if he can do it against palace)

Bambas exuberance contributed to 2 of their goals today. He must be more disciplined on games against our rivals.
    The one positive from today though was Zohore. He looked hungry and think he'll get a start in the next week.

I can handle losing to a team with superior players, no problem. What i can't handle is a lack of competitiveness, absolutely zero belief or adventure. United made that game a training exercise for 30 minutes. We looked like a Championship Relegation outfit. I can't believe how poor we are in possession and how quickly we lose possession and a severe lack of movement through the middle, Murphy and Hoilett are our only outlets, that's as sophisticated as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    I always try and look for positives and there weren’t many in that match. The only two real ones I could see are 1) we have a new penalty taker and 2) Zohore looked like he was up for it (but it was Man Utd, let’s see if he can do it against palace)
    Zohore looked better although it's easy when we're 4-1 down, no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can handle losing to a team with superior players, no problem. What i can't handle is a lack of competitiveness, absolutely zero belief or adventure. United made that game a training exercise for 30 minutes. We looked like a Championship Relegation outfit. I can't believe how poor we are in possession and how quickly we lose possession and a severe lack of movement through the middle, Murphy and Hoilett are our only outlets, that's as sophisticated as it gets.
    You realise we got promoted last year from that league playing far worse than this?

The reality is that the skill level gap is enormous. You can beat the fancy looking championship teams by just playing in their half and harrying their defenders into mistakes. This doesn't work against the better sides in the Premier League. I hope we are active in the Jan window but I don't want to see us sign anyone who wouldn't even consider staying with us next year if we do go down.

I can't believe how poor we are in possession and how quickly we lose possession and a severe lack of movement through the middle

I agree with that statement but not sure we have the players with the quality to hold possession and take the heat out of the game.
    For me Hoilett always seems to be a passenger although on the odd occasion, he does score remarkable goals

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You realise we got promoted last year from that league playing far worse than this?

The reality is that the skill level gap is enormous. You can beat the fancy looking championship teams by just playing in their half and harrying their defenders into mistakes. This doesn't work against the better sides in the Premier League. I hope we are active in the Jan window but I don't want to see us sign anyone who wouldn't even consider staying with us next year if we do go down.
    Do you think that Rotherham, Millwall or Bristol City would've looked much worse than we did? I don't. I hope that we're active in the Window, we need a couple of midfielders with the ability to keep the ball and a striker who can link up with them-And a fullback-And for Warnock to change his tactics a bit-Apart from that it's fine

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I can't believe how poor we are in possession and how quickly we lose possession and a severe lack of movement through the middle

I agree with that statement but not sure we have the players with the quality to hold possession and take the heat out of the game.
    For me Hoilett always seems to be a passenger although on the odd occasion, he does score remarkable goals
    I don't think we have the quality either although i don't believe that individuals are that bad either. I'm not sure what's going on.

It was very bad. You could argue that the ref was bad also - the first free-kick, the offside decision for Murphy - but that didn't change the result.

We've been discussing it since and the only positives we can find is that a) it didn't rain as it did against Man City and b) there doesn't seem to be any injuries. Any more?

Post of the day.

It's often difficult to gauge your own team's performance against such superior opponents, but we could have put in a good shift tonight and got hammered, but we didn't even do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the games against Brighton, Fulham, Wolves and Southampton then did you when we were passionate, hard working and tactically aware and played some good football as well. We are in the Premier League for gods sake, against all the odds and I am enjoying it. Pity others cant too.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the games against Brighton, Fulham, Wolves and Southampton then did you when we were passionate, hard working and tactically aware and played some good football as well. We are in the Premier League for gods sake, against all the odds and I am enjoying it. Pity others cant too.
    1. ball retention poor.
    2. passing accuracy poor.
    3. field positioning poor.
    4. quality of set pieces poor.

And why the hell we persist with Gunnarsson’s long throws I don’t know.

Yes manure were good but we didn’t help ourselves when we did have the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I’m sorry I just don’t find any enjoyment from seeing my team being totally dominated for 90 mins

Lets be honest, Man Utd are a top side, did they say on MOTD thats the team is worth £400 mill

We were 2nd in every dept, Utd looked they they were free and relaxed when playing, Sacking Jose came at the wrong time for us, they just looked like it was fun

games against the top 6 are never ones we are likely to win

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Lets be honest, Man Utd are a top side, did they say on MOTD thats the team is worth £400 mill

We were 2nd in every dept, Utd looked they they were free and relaxed when playing, Sacking Jose came at the wrong time for us, they just looked like it was fun

games against the top 6 are never ones we are likely to win
    Maybe not but competing would be nice