+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BT Coverage of the game

Re: BT Coverage of the game

Not many sides will come back from 2 down against what remains a top 6 team. It felt as if it was a soft free-kick and then a defected goal, but then it was the third goal that really killed us and the woeful defending for that third and then the fourth that meant we had no chance. I didn't see the fifth this time.

However, there were two headers that should have been on target for us as well as the three shots that were. One of those goes in at the right time and it could be 2-2 or 2-3 with a completely different game on our hands. Palace fan on talksport saying that the majority of games at this level are decided on one or two moments only.

Overall, I would say that we were the better side for the three minutes between us scoring and them scoring again. Not enough to say 1-5 was unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    X ****ing G

Sounds like a games console.

Games gone.
    What ever happened to people actually watching the game and making a judgement from that, man u was in 2nd gear all through the second half if we even give a sniff of a comeback they would've put another 2 on us

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Not a fan then?
    Not at all. It's utter garbage. I get the Racing Post every Saturday for the football betting pages and a couple of the tipsters have started talking about expected goals as if it has some merit. Needless to say the quality of their results has deteriorated. It's the Emperor's new clothes as far as betting is concerned. It's even less valid than the 'value' argument, and that's another load of cobblers.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What ever happened to people actually watching the game and making a judgement from that, man u was in 2nd gear all through the second half if we even give a sniff of a comeback they would've put another 2 on us
    Correct

They got 4-1 up and took their foot off the gas with a busy Xmas period coming up. They were in cruise control.

Only then did we start to get a little bit of joy territorially, and had we taken one of our half chances to make it 2- 4, then I’m fairly sure they could have stepped it up again, as they did when we got the penalty back and gave ourselves brief hope for all of 3 minutes.

Correct

They got 4-1 up and took their foot off the gas with a busy Xmas period coming up.

Only then did we start to get a little bit of joy territorially, and had we taken one of our half chances to make it 2- 4, then I’m fairly sure they could have stepped it up again, as they did when we got the penalty back and gave ourselves brief hope for all of 3 minutes.
    I'm sure XG has it's benefits for statisticians employed by the clubs but it makes me laugh when I hear some piss head who can't even count his change coming back from the bar talking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm sure XG has it's benefits for statisticians employed by the clubs but it makes me laugh when I hear some piss head who can't even count his change coming back from the bar talking about it!
    Anyone with half a football brain and two eyes who watched that match yesterday could not argue 5-1 did not flatter United.

To suggest 3-1 was a more fair result because XG says so is total and utter bollocks.

Anyone with half a football brain and two eyes who watched that match yesterday could not argue 5-1 did not flatter United.

To suggest 3-1 was a more fair result because XG says so is total and utter bollocks.
    Absolutely mate. You know how much stats have pissed me off over the years. I can't for the life of me understand why someone needs to look at stats if they've just watched a game with their own eyes. I didn't think United were special but their front 3 highlighted our defensive limitations again. At times it looks like we don't work on anything. The holes between the defence and midfield were frightening considering we were defending in a low block.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I didn't mean to come across arsey mate. I agree with TLG that your love for the club often makes you the most optimistic poster on here. I can't say it's a bad thing as you obviously bleed blue but I was extremely frustrated watching us stand off them when they have struggled to cope playing under high intensity all season.

If they can do that to us I dread to think what Spurs will do to us.

It was a strange game all round last night and maybe the 6-8000 extra bums on seats yesterday were Man United fans and it diluted the atmosphere.
    Yeah, you did sound arsey.
    I don’t know what more I can say.
    The stats speak for themselves and yeah, I was there too.

I do find some of the opinions on the board negative, certainly more-so than in ‘real life’

If I am perceived as being biased, so be it, however there are people in this thread who like to be negative about the club and others who don’t like the manager or his style of play- so will have an in built negative bias of their own

That’s just one measure, shots on goal, on target, corners all back up what I’m saying.

I’m sure if they backed up your point you’d be bringing them up.

One more loss and you’ll be starting another Warnock out thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Your love of the club often blinds you to the realities of the situation. This is one such example.

The penalty apart, which came out of nothing and was an absolute gift, City didn't threaten the United goal until they were 4-1 down. By that time, the visitors had taken their foot off the gas and were effectively going through the motions.

City's three shots on target were the penalty, a decent effort from Murphy which brought a good save from De Gea, and Zohore's effort from an acute angle which De Gea had covered comfortably.

United may have had nine shots on target, but they also waltzed through City's midfield on numerous other occasions and only some desperate, last-ditch defending, some over-elaborate play in the final third and a couple of decent saves by Etheridge kept the score down.

It was a really good performance by United, but also a really poor one from City. Unfortunately, the 5-1 scoreline didn't flatter the visitors at all. I genuinely believe you've imagined these 'decent spells' City allegedly had. They were outclassed, plain and simple.
    I enjoyed speaking to you in the pub last night, as I always do, but your agenda is quite pathetic.

Never any positivity about our club. I don't remember you saying anything positive about Cardiff City since your hatred of Tan (for me very odd considering your love, or at least liking of, Hammam) began.

Since you claim you don't care about Cardiff City any more, maybe you should stop contributing. What's in it for you?

Or maybe there's a hidden agenda which you won't admit.

Merry Christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That’s just one measure, shots on goal, on target, corners all back up what I’m saying.

I’m sure if they backed up your point you’d be bringing them up.

One more loss and you’ll be starting another Warnock out thread
    Haven’t looked to see if they back up my point or not. Don’t care for them. Anyone who watched that game yesterday knows we were well and truly battered both in performance and score line. I don’t need to read some bollocks stats about XG, corners or shots on goals to try and pretend it was any less of a mauling that it was.

“It wasn’t a 5-1, more like a 3-1”

Get a grip man

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I enjoyed speaking to you in the pub last night, as I always do, but your agenda is quite pathetic.

Never any positivity about our club. I don't remember you saying anything positive about Cardiff City since your hatred of Tan (for me very odd considering your love, or at least liking of, Hammam) began.

Since you claim you don't care about Cardiff City any more, maybe you should stop contributing. What's in it for you?

Merry Christmas!!

Did you tell him this last night in the pub?

He knows what I think.

He knows what I think.

That’s a no then.

Haven’t looked to see if they back up my point or not. Don’t care for them. Anyone who watched that game yesterday knows we were well and truly battered both in performance and score line. I don’t need to read some bollocks stats about XG, corners or shots on goals to try and pretend it was any less of a mauling that it was.

“It wasn’t a 5-1, more like a 3-1”

Get a grip man
    Why all this crap about getting a grip and the rest of the pathetic cheap shots ?

Disagree by all means, but stop being a knob.

It’s just my opinion and you aren’t going to change it with comments like that. The very fact that you can only resort to insult just makes me think you’ve got a weak argument.

As your only case seems to be that anyone who doesn’t agree is biased, blind, drunk and stupid. Particularly as you want to ignore the game statistics as it doesn’t suit your agenda.

If you think 5-1 was a fair reflection of the game then were we flattered in all of the Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea games ( we definitely were at Watford who I reckon dominated more than Man U apart from the last 10 there)- haven’t we been lucky !

As for planning for the ref then yes, this is a valid strategy. Even in parks footy we knew which ones would allow you to get stuck in and which ones would have the card in their hand all game and if you don’t understand or appreciate that then that says more about you than me.

Why all this crap about getting a grip and the rest of the pathetic cheap shots ?

It’s just my opinion and you aren’t going to change it with comments like that. The very fact that you can only resort to insult just makes me think you’ve got a weak argument.

As your only case seems to be that anyone who doesn’t agree is biased, blind, drunk and stupid. Particularly as you want to ignore the game statistics as it doesn’t suit your agenda.

If you think 5-1 was a fair reflection of the game then were we flattered in all of the Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea games ( we definitely were at Watford who I reckon dominated more than Man U apart from the last 10 there)- haven’t we been lucky !

As for planning for the ref then yes, this is a valid strategy. Even in parks footy we knew which ones would allow you to get stuck in and which ones would have the card in their hand all game and if you don’t understand or appreciate that then that says more about you than me.
    Did you really just compare parks football to the Premier League?

Wow. Just wow.

“Get a grip man”

Hardly insulting.

You called me a knob. Seems it’s you resorting to insults.

For someone who watches as much live football as you do you don’t seem to have much of a clue if you think a few corners and half hearted efforts from City when the game is done and dusted somehow flatters United.

Statistics do not take into account the flow and intensity of the game. As someone who watches a lot of football I thought you’d understand that. Clearly I was wrong.

Hey ho.

“Get a grip man”

Hardly insulting.

You called me a knob. Seems it’s you resorting to insults.

For someone who watches as much live football as you do you don’t seem to have much of a clue if you think a few corners and half hearted efforts from City when the game is done and dusted somehow flatters United.

Statistics do not take into account the flow and intensity of the game. As someone who watches a lot of football I thought you’d understand that. Clearly I was wrong.

Hey ho.
    Knobs are useful, they can open up doors of opportunity .

Agreed. After 10 minutes I said to myself if we could keep it down to 5 we'd have done well.

It’s Christmas so maybe we can all compromise and agree that 1-4 would have been a fair result.

I’d never seen most of the Utd players in the flesh before last night but it was very clear to me after 20 minutes that Martial, Pogba and Rashford are all clearly world-class players whom Jose has stifled. Unleashed, they scented blood and we were the unlucky prey.

That’s a no then.
    If you think you have to tell a pal what you already know he knows, then you must be extremely boring company. Which I suspect you are.

If you think you have to tell a pal what you already know he knows, then you must be extremely boring company. Which I suspect you are.

If he already knows then why tell him on here giving it the big in front of everyone then?

You needn’t suspect about my company. I remember your old profile picture and wouldn’t be seen dead with a nobody like you.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    It’s Christmas so maybe we can all compromise and agree that 1-4 would have been a fair result.

I’d never seen most of the Utd players in the flesh before last night but it was very clear to me after 20 minutes that Martial, Pogba and Rashford are all clearly world-class players whom Jose has stifled. Unleashed, they scented blood and we were the unlucky prey.
    No not having it, we deserved at least 1.4

What is 'quite pathetic' is accusing somebody of having an 'agenda' when they are simply discussing a football match and saying exactly the same sort of thing that most other people who watched the game are saying. You hint at a 'hidden agenda', so what could that possibly be? This is a football message board, on which I've been discussing a football match. If that's having an agenda, then I'm guilty as charged.

You told me last night you had enjoyed yesterday's game. To me, that seems really weird. In all the years I supported City, I never enjoyed seeing them get beaten, let alone get spanked like they did yesterday. But there we go, it takes all sorts I suppose.

Yet again you've suggested I should stop contributing to this board. How many times is that now? I've never understood why people like you get so irritated by those who hold opposing views to theirs, although to be honest I don't even know in this instance what I've said that you actually disagree with as you haven't taken issue with anything in particular. You've just talked bollocks about non-existent agendas.

What's in it for me? Well, I don't know if you've noticed this in all the years we've known each other, but I'm a bit of a football fan. I still enjoy watching the game very much and I still talk about it a great deal with a wide range of people. As much as I despise the club's owner, I've enjoyed my occasional visits to City games in recent years and I like to keep reasonably up to date with what's happening at the CCS as it's a regular topic of conversation with family, friends and colleagues. Apparently, my having an opinion on a team I supported for almost 40 years is some sort of a crime, but that's your problem rather than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've never understood why people like you get so irritated by those who hold opposing views to theirs
    Opposing views are fine, surely. Welcome even. But imagine a right wing nut spending his free time on a left wing forum. You're clearly not a supporter of City. You're just here to argue. You enjoy pissing in our cornflakes and shitting on our parade.