Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Maybe time to dispense with playing 2 wingers and go 4-4-2 with Reid up with Patterson and more a defensive minded wide man playing instead of Hoillet
He wont do that, Wingers are Warnock's everything and it means that we only have two central midfielders instead of three, both in flat positions, we can't even compete with three in there. We simply need to add some quality to the squad and Warnock needs to be a bit more adventurous. The players we have probably aren't quite good enough at this level although i don't believe that they're as bad as they show on times. Warnock may have an ability to get 11 players to play in a way that is affective at championship level, he just can't do it at Premier league level, that's not entirely his fault as he doesn'treally possess the players who can add that little bit more, although i'd say his tactics contribute towards our poor play. We can't pass, make a run, compose ourselves, peel of players etc-The fundamentals of being a half decent football team. The other concern for me is that we are not building a style of play as a club, eventually a new manager will come in and will have to rip up 'The Warnock Way' as it's not sustainable, it may take a new manager two seasons before he can get his style and message across as the players we have now seem to have forgotten how to do the basics, either that or they're being instructed not to.