+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fear our Xmas will be a disaster

I fear our Xmas will be a disaster

It was a worry even before the Man Utd debacle. Clearly a few players need a rest but our squad is so small few changes can be made. One plus was Zohore with some really intelligent runs. My team for Palace
    Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    CamaSara
    Ralls
    Arter
    Zohore
    Hoilett
    NML

Re: I fear our Xmas will be a disaster

I was expecting a post about your Xmas turkey or something similar!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I was expecting a post about your Xmas turkey or something similar!
    We always have a poor Christmas. Even when we get promoted we fall apart at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    It was a worry even before the Man Utd debacle. Clearly a few players need a rest but our squad is so small few changes can be made. One plus was Zohore with some really intelligent runs. My team for Palace
    Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    CamaSara
    Ralls
    Arter
    Zohore
    Hoilett
    NML
    The exact team I would pick. We need a proper right back. Bamba was useless today, Gunnarrson is slow and ineffective. And NML surely must be better than Murphy. And Zohore will be better that Paterson (who looks knackered).

Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    CamaSara
    Ralls
    Arter
    Zohore
    Hoilett
    NML
    We were awful last week v Watford but Etheridge had a blinder to keep it respectable. Today we were worse and Etheridge and others were found wanting hence the scoreline. We need a performance against Palace to keep some momentum not just a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    We were awful last week v Watford but Etheridge had a blinder to keep it respectable. Today we were worse and Etheridge and others were found wanting hence the scoreline. We need a performance against Palace to keep some momentum not just a result.
    Time for Smithies to be given his chance? Etheridge must be feeling punch drunk, was part to blame for the first goal and his distribution is still poor.

Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    CamaSara
    Ralls
    Arter
    Zohore
    Hoilett
    NML
    We’ll get destroyed with that team imo

Time for Smithies to be given his chance? Etheridge must be feeling punch drunk, was part to blame for the first goal and his distribution is still poor.
    He’s been our player of the season ffs.

It would be the most ironic decision ever to leave our keeper out because his distribution is poor when the outfield players are so chronically shite at distributing the ball themselves.

Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    CamaSara
    Ralls
    Arter
    Zohore
    Hoilett
    NML
    Got as far as Peltier

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We’ll get destroyed with that team imo
    The only real difference is the lack of Bamba and Gunnarsson. Are they our main players?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The only real difference is the lack of Bamba and Gunnarsson. Are they our main players?
    Peltier, Cunningham and hoilett? I think we should give 3 at the back a go again we can’t just keep sitting off teams especially palace we will pepper the goal

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Peltier, Cunningham and hoilett? I think we should give 3 at the back a go again we can’t just keep sitting off teams especially palace we will pepper the goal
    this. 3-5-2

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    During our run of three home wins, both were among the top performers.

A couple of our players need a rest, a couple more need to make a step up and a couple more can be shipped out and replaced by those with higher ceiling. Evolution rather than revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s been our player of the season ffs.

It would be the most ironic decision ever to leave our keeper out because his distribution is poor when the outfield players are so chronically shite at distributing the ball themselves.
    This.

Cannot believe that anyone can question easily our best player this season.

Its hardly his fault the wall fell apart.

Distribution???? Half our outfield cant pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This.

Cannot believe that anyone can question easily our best player this season.

Its hardly his fault the wall fell apart.

Distribution???? Half our outfield cant pass the ball.
    He's shipped a load of goals lately and his distribution does make a difference. Just a thought, not a serious suggestion.

Is it purely coincidental we lost 4 in a row this time last season? Or is there something about the way we play that makes the players jaded after a few months?

I know we had injuries last season and we’ve played less games this. But there’s a lack of fizz particularly in the last two games that makes me wonder if there’s any link.

He's shipped a load of goals lately and his distribution does make a difference. Just a thought, not a serious suggestion.
    What difference does his distribution make?

How many goals have they cost us compared to the piss poor distribution of those in front of him?

Or are you expecting him to ping balls and set up goals like the Man City keeper?

And yes he’s shipped a load of goals recently, but apart from the 1st yesterday, he had no chance with any of them, or the goals at Watford last week.

It could have been 7 or 8 if not for him last week and that’s being kind to the outfield players.

And yes he’s shipped a load of goals recently, but apart from the 1st yesterday, he had no chance with any of them, or the goals at Watford last week.

It could have been 7 or 8 if not for him last week and that’s being kind to the outfield players.
    He has been one of our best players.

Etheridge had to make saves yesterday to keep the score down. The defence let hime down again, especially Bamba. And the first goal was not his fault as the wall collapsed.

Only an idiot would drop Paterson. He actually wins the ball because he knows how to track it in the air.
    Someone else has to make way. 🤔

^^this

BTW he had no chance with the first either, the wall let him down going straight through two players.
    I was right behind it and no deflection.

Moving forward we simply have to pack the midfield as we are sitting ducks with the way we have defended thus far.
    3-1-5-1 or 3-5-2

I find it hard to understand why anyone would blame Etheridge.He has played really well. With the amount of shots he has had to stop it stands to reason he will let more in than a lot of keepers.
    Why we need to self destruct now by having a go at the players is beyond me.I think the manager is capable of dishing out the bollockings not us.
    We all get disappointed but if you had asked me at the start of the season would I settle for our points tally at this stage I would have been more than happy.Keep the faith. Our support so far has been top notch so lets keep it going.

Etheridge
    Pelts
    Manga
    Morrison
    Cunningham
    CamaSara
    Ralls
    Arter
    Zohore
    Hoilett
    NML
    All Premier League teams have a squad of 25 players, more than enough to put out a team of 11 plus subs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Is it purely coincidental we lost 4 in a row this time last season? Or is there something about the way we play that makes the players jaded after a few months?

I know we had injuries last season and we’ve played less games this. But there’s a lack of fizz particularly in the last two games that makes me wonder if there’s any link.
    ...if the reason behind last xmas' 4 defeats was them being jaded..how come they started a great run after that?