+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why di they not announce the attendance

why di they not announce the attendance

Anyone know what it was?

Re: why di they not announce the attendance

They did. 33,082 (Not entirely sure of the 82)

They did it on the 5th goal.

Ah! i missed that as i was crying at the time

Well we were "only there't see unaaated"

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Well we were "only there't see unaaated"
    It was impressive how their fans could do the accent to be fair.

It was 33,028, they announced it just before the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I had some spare programmes which iIhave sold to United fans.....NONE are from Manchester....Devon, Essex, Midlands, Home Counties.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I had some spare programmes which iIhave sold to United fans.....NONE are from Manchester....Devon, Essex, Midlands, Home Counties.
    What's wrong with ardent fans not supporting their local team?

I don't support my local team (FGR). Lived in Gloucestershire for about 40 years. Prefer to follow the Bluebirds.

Those United fans packing out the away section ... they gave their team their undying support ... what does it matter where they come from?

Tydfil White supports Leeds ... good for him. Hope he enjoys the matches he is able to see in person or those available on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    What's wrong with ardent fans not supporting their local team?

I don't support my local team (FGR). Lived in Gloucestershire for about 40 years. Prefer to follow the Bluebirds.

Those United fans packing out the away section ... they gave their team their undying support ... what does it matter where they come from?

Tydfil White supports Leeds ... good for him. Hope he enjoys the matches he is able to see in person or those available on TV.
    You mean to say you have no connection with Cardiff but you support the City?
    If that's the case you are a spanner like all the south wales Mancs and scousers.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    If that's the case you are a spanner like all the south wales Mancs and scousers.
    This.

Difference being in sure FGB is either from the city area or lived here in the past. Vast majority of United fans in the country and even more so around the world have no connection whatsoever other than they took a liking to the sport at one of the times they were on top.

If man City continue some sort of dominance over a couple of decades then in 50 years you will have lots of man City plastics around.

I don't get the point really but each to their own.

Or maybe he's from Cardiff and moved away? Hard to imagine, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    This.

Difference being in sure FGB is either from the city area or lived here in the past. Vast majority of United fans in the country and even more so around the world have no connection whatsoever other than they took a liking to the sport at one of the times they were on top.

If man City continue some sort of dominance over a couple of decades then in 50 years you will have lots of man City plastics around.

I don't get the point really but each to their own.
    To be fair to the people around the world, if they want to watch European football rather than the much lower quality in their own country (or even as well as their own country) and choose a favourite foreign team, then they are entitled to.

And I can also understand why a kid from Cardiff getting into football in say 1997 would prefer to watch Giggs play than Steve White.

I don't know why it upsets anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    To be fair to the people around the world, if they want to watch European football rather than the much lower quality in their own country (or even as well as their own country) and choose a favourite foreign team, then they are entitled to.

And I can also understand why a kid from Cardiff getting into football in say 1997 would prefer to watch Giggs play than Steve White.

I don't know why it upsets anyone...
    Because it's weak as ****. OK for kids I suppose, but grown men?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Where do you live again?

If you have kids born in the US, or are in the US at an age when they're getting into football, will you make sure they support New York Jets, or whatever the nearest MSL team is? Because if you encourage them to support City it's no different to those South Wales mancs who say they support them because their dad is from Salford or whatever they claim.

Or maybe he's from Cardiff and moved away? Hard to imagine, I know!
    Read my text again
    The first part was a question.
    Hard to imagine I know

Read my text again
    The first part was a question.
    Hard to imagine I know
    The you mean to say part suggests a rhetorical question rather than a genuine query.

It should be clear to anyone who reads posts here that Forest Green is a real fan and not a plastic.

The you mean to say part suggests a rhetorical question rather than a genuine query.

It should be clear to anyone who reads posts here that Forest Green is a real fan and not a plastic.
    I don't analyse every poster on here or read every post.
    It would be hypocritical of me to slag off south wales manu and scouser "fans" then to just accept a City fan from England cos he felt like supporting us.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I said the same thing as they were singing it.

You realise that the Premier League and it’s teams are broadcast to a global audience right?

Where do you draw the line? If you’re not from an area then you can’t support a club from that area?

While we’re at it, let’s limit club ownership to people that can prove by their birth certificate that their postcode entitles them to buy the club...

You’re a grown man and normally pretty rational with your posts, but this is a dumb stance sorry.

Happy Christmas by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    They did. 33,082 (Not entirely sure of the 82)
    Biggest home crowd since Hereford

Where do you live again?

If you have kids born in the US, or are in the US at an age when they're getting into football, will you make sure they support New York Jets, or whatever the nearest MSL team is? Because if you encourage them to support City it's no different to those South Wales mancs who say they support them because their dad is from Salford or whatever they claim.
    Never heard that one. It's usually "I've always supported them, I saw them win the FA Cup in (insert year that is age appropriate)"

Where do you live again?

You know that the New York Jets and Cardiff City play different sports right? And most people that claim their dad is from Salford ae full of shit. It's funny how peope find parents from Liverpoool or Manchester but never Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You realise that the Premier League and it’s teams are broadcast to a global audience right?

Where do you draw the line? If you’re not from an area then you can’t support a club from that area?

While we’re at it, let’s limit club ownership to people that can prove by their birth certificate that their postcode entitles them to buy the club...

You’re a grown man and normally pretty rational with your posts, but this is a dumb stance sorry.

Happy Christmas by the way
    Same to you and yours. I'm talking about people from South Wales that refer to themselves as Scousers or Mancs. Or people from New York or Philadelphia that wear Cowboys shirts. I find it pathetic.

Same to you and yours. I'm talking about people from South Wales that refer to themselves as Scousers or Mancs. Or people from New York or Philadelphia that wear Cowboys shirts. I find it pathetic.
    I agree with you on native Cardiffians supporting a team from the NW of England, although I’m also a hypocrite in the way I’ve brought my kids up as if you taunted them (3 of whom were born in Uttoxeter) about why they support CCFC and not Derby or Stoke they’d eat you alive (as I would them if they weren’t City fans 😃)