+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Events take an ominous turn for thrashed Cardiff City.

Events take an ominous turn for thrashed Cardiff City.

Re: Events take an ominous turn for thrashed Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tired, ragged, disorganised, arguing amongst themselves. It had the feel of City 3-6 Liverpool to me.

Our squad looks so thin, we're relying on the same core of 13-15 outfield players week after week

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Tired, ragged, disorganised, arguing amongst themselves. It had the feel of City 3-6 Liverpool to me.

Our squad looks so thin, we're relying on the same core of 13-15 outfield players week after week
    That same thought occurred to me Des.

That same thought occurred to me Des.
    Except we never looked like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Except we never looked like scoring.
    I disagree. We never looked like scoring against Man City, but last night could easily have ended up 6-3 because we caused them a few problems at 4-1 - a three goal margin of defeat would have flattered us though.

The timing of the Mourinho sacking was unfortunate but after watching that dreadful performance it’s likely we would have been thrashed anyway. Ole was a total disaster whose catastrophic management decisions set our club back years, there’s no way Man Utd would entrust the club to him. Phelan will be running the show getting advice from Ferguson with Ole there to symbolise the Ferguson era to the players and fans (and referees...)

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The timing of the Mourinho sacking was unfortunate but after watching that dreadful performance it’s likely we would have been thrashed anyway. Ole was a total disaster whose catastrophic management decisions set our club back years, there’s no way Man Utd would entrust the club to him. Phelan will be running the show getting advice from Ferguson with Ole there to symbolise the Ferguson era to the players and fans (and referees...)
    Phelan ran the show yesterday ! He was out in the technical area directing matters ! To me, Their players are guilty of cheating their fans this season with their performances . I am sure the board saw a run of winnable fixtures and thought let’s get fans back on side , dumped moanrinho and suddenly everybody is playing the way you expected a team worth over £300 million to play !

Also I am concerned with last week and this week’s passive performances , our midfield overran , our defence backing into our box allowing attackers space to run at them or shoot ! 8 goals conceded , I just don’t understand why we didn’t try and pressure them ? We could buy Salah ( from Liverpool) and it wouldn’t mean a thing with the lack of support and possession we had past 2 games

True, Man Utd came to us free of the 'shackles' of Mourhino, but I doubt we could have made their job any easier. Two minutes gone, a defensive wall that falls apart with some players jumping, others breaking away - that's really poor..

I've had people on my twitter feed saying there was a deflection off the wall for the first goal and others saying that there wasn't. I've got no intention of watching any of that match any time soon and so am still in the dark about it. Interesting to see AQM saying that the wall fell apart - in that case, it was probably incorrect of me to blame Etheridge, but, just from watching the goal at near ground level from the corner of the Canton and Ninian Stands, it just looked wrong from a defensive point of view.

the free kick was deflected off Paterson back although why the wall broke apart made no sense, If it had stayed intact then the ball wouldnt have got past it.

Tactics were awful last night Arter and Camarsa were too far ahead of Gunnerson, Hoilett to deep on the right allowing Shaw freedom of the wing.

Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    True, Man Utd came to us free of the 'shackles' of Mourhino, but I doubt we could have made their job any easier. Two minutes gone, a defensive wall that falls apart with some players jumping, others breaking away - that's really poor..
    Silly needless foul by gunnars too, gave them a dream start when they must have been a bit nervous. Ruined it

I disagree. We never looked like scoring against Man City, but last night could easily have ended up 6-3 because we caused them a few problems at 4-1 - a three goal margin of defeat would have flattered us though.
    Don't let Lawnmower hear you say that.....

I've had people on my twitter feed saying there was a deflection off the wall for the first goal and others saying that there wasn't.
    On first viewing it looked like a deflection off Paterson, but subsequent replays showed that either there was no deflection or it was so slight as to make no difference as the direction of the ball didn't change at all. Unfortunately, Etheridge and his wall just got it badly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    On first viewing it looked like a deflection off Paterson, but subsequent replays showed that either there was no deflection or it was so slight as to make no difference as the direction of the ball didn't change at all. Unfortunately, Etheridge and his wall just got it badly wrong.
    There's been so many varying responses about the first goal (which I've still not seen again), that your version sounds the most plausable and I feel your last sentence must be correct.

I agree with that.

OGS is some sort of figurehead link back to the good old days, but with a terrible managerial record in this country.

Phelan will be pulling the strings.

There's been so many varying responses about the first goal (which I've still not seen again), that your version sounds the most plausable and I feel your last sentence must be correct.
    From the reaction of the defenders at the time (who seemed to be looking at Etheridge as if to blame him) it might appear to be down to him. But from the TV replays, the wall disintegrated so that even Etheridge had set it up properly, the shot was getting through.

Incidentally, yet again I have to say the defenders are very quick to have a go at Etheridge. there was another occasion when Morrison seemed to be indicating that he should have come for the ball. All this is a bit rich from central defenders who allowed attackers to waltz through with ease to score twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Agreed. The first-half performance against Southampton feels like a lot more than two weeks ago.

There was a lot of arguing amongst themselves which is very worrying to see.

I'd lay at least part of the blame at the feet of Warnock, its obvious that he's sending them out with these instructions in away games and against the bigger sides despite them clearly not working, hopefully we see a change at Palace

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    at the game i didnt think it hit anyone, i have seen a few replays from different angles since, i would call it as a slight touch and a very small amount of direction change, Etheridge wouldnt have got it either way though

If all five were deflected off seagulls from 50 yards out with a tail wind only blowing when Utd attacked , it still would have been a fair result.