+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it time for a change of manager?

Re: Is it time for a change of manager?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I think Warnock has earned the right to manage the season come what may but I get the feeling it might be his last
    Agree.
    Stay up and he’s achieved what he said was nigh on impossible and will leave on a high.
    Go down and I don’t think he will have the fire for another battle in the Championship (with us at least).

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Okay then, Meporio Armani off!
    (this as my original post was an attempt at humour)

Apologies Cheppers, you probably deserved a better reply on the face of it but it does seem that you, and one or two others, only seem to surface when there is a mini crisis and have something provocative to say. I suspect you knew you'd get a couple of one liners though eh? ;-)

Rather than posing this question, do YOU think that it is time for a change and if you really believe that anybody else could save us from the drop with these players and the budget that NW seems to be working with then perhaps you could propose a solution?
    No. Not time for a change of manager imo. We all new we’d struggle this season, and NW is doing ok under the circumstances. If he keeps us up, coupled with last seasons promotion, he’ll probably become the best manager the club has ever had in many fans opinions. He deserves the chance to reach that pinnacle.

No simple one that love these easy posts ,its not a manager issue m its the lack of ability at this level.

I think that Warnock has done and achieved the imposible by getting City promoted to the Premiership. Staying up in the Premiership will in my opinion depend on Vincent Tann backing Warnock in the January transfer window. And, even if we are relegated i Would still rate Warnock as one of the best managers City has ever had.

We're 17th in the Premier League FFS, having been heading for relegation to League 1 just a couple of years ago, and you want to sack him? What are you on?

The original poster is on a wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Probably not, although i wouldn't lose any sleep if there was a change. Warnock probably deserves the January window seeing as he wasn't really given much initially, although i do have concerns over his ability to spend large amounts of money on players. Whatever happens this season, i do hope to see a change at the club for next season as i don't believe that our style of play is going to bring us any long term success, in terms of staying at this level for a few years and challenging at the top end of the championship. Warnock has done a brilliant job for the club and the fans, it was what we needed and it surpassed all of our expectations, but if i'm being realistic over our long term ambitions then i don't think he's the man for the job-You do realise that you'll get some shitty insults for raising the question
    Agree with Tuero,we should start planning for future without Warnock. Big Sam is only alternative at present to keep us up but he would cost a fortune! Hope Warnock is more successful this January in bringing in a striker who scores goals!

It's not too early to have the discussion about who is next and how we want to get there (even if Warnock continues to be successful we are now in the last 24 months of his career here and if comes round quick) but think it's wrong to suggest if because you don't think current manager and staff are doing a good job. Even if we finish 19th we've taken a big step forward.

What is needed is a change of owner although that said he did say he would not invest if his team played in blue

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    What is needed is a change of owner although that said he did say he would not invest if his team played in blue
    Best owner in my 60 years supporting the club. Myth that he is not spending money, we were 14th biggest Premier League net spenders in Summer and joint 5th in Championship when we got promotion. Problem is Warnock wasted a lot of money on Madine,Tomlin,Bogle,Ward,Reid? and our player sales income is nil for two years. In fact it is costing us money to get rid of unwanted players!

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    What do people think?
    Yes at the end of the season regardless what league we are in

Definitely not. He’s the best man to get you promoted should you go down this season. He is working miracles given the size of budget at his disposal. If you finish 17th he will have done brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's not too early to have the discussion about who is next and how we want to get there (even if Warnock continues to be successful we are now in the last 24 months of his career here and if comes round quick) but think it's wrong to suggest if because you don't think current manager and staff are doing a good job. Even if we finish 19th we've taken a big step forward.
    I think Bellamy is next regardless of the league we’re in

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No. Not time for a change of manager imo. We all new we’d struggle this season, and NW is doing ok under the circumstances. If he keeps us up, coupled with last seasons promotion, he’ll probably become the best manager the club has ever had in many fans opinions. He deserves the chance to reach that pinnacle.
    Oh FFS it's like pulling teeth. I wasn't asking you! :rollseyes:
    Twas meant for the OP

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Oh FFS it's like pulling teeth. I wasn't asking you! :rollseyes:
    Twas meant for the OP
    😂 Happy Christmas Macadder !

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    😂 Happy Christmas Macadder !
    Merry Christmas Will

We have just lost two in a row to the sides currently occupying 6th and 7th position. We are a couple of points outside the relegation zone . Let’s not get too despondent.

We can kiss December goodbye in terms if points. But when the easier games come round in jan/feb/march we have to be ready to put a bit of distance between us and the bottom three again.

In terms of tallying up the points we need it was always going to be done in fits and starts but come the end of the season we’ll be in with a shout of staying up.

If that is to be the pattern of our path to survival and at the end of the season Neil Warnock keeps us in the league, it’d be a bad idea to change now. Past results would suggest we can pick up the points we need..... I think.

We need to have a good window and start picking up some draws away from home though.

5 wins and 5 draws more.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    But he has invested, about 30 million in the last year, only Murphy really plays now. Sure Reid will bang them in soon enough or next year at least. Tan could do with selling half the club to someone with more cash than him, he knows lots if very wealthy people.
    Why not vinnie?