+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glen Kamara on his way...

Glen Kamara on his way...

...from Dundee according to this article (I know but...) https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclus...-midfield-star

The Finnish midfielder came through the ranks at Arsenal before moving to Dundee.Out of contract next summer, he's apparently been on the radar of the Celtic and Rangers as well as Prem outfits south of the border. But according to this, he's on course too signing a pre-contract with Cardiff.

Re: Glen Kamara on his way...

Instant Kamara

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Instant Kamara
    's gonna get you

Just you wait and see

Heisenberg

Can he shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can he shoot?
    Bit of an inconsiderate post in a John Lennon thread Tom 😰😰

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can he shoot?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No
    His brother Marvin must have put in a good word.

The article I just read describing Derby County's potential interest in him said he was a defensive midfielder.

Even allowing for their somewhat dodgy reputation, there's what I think is a very impressive video of him on You Tube;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5oIaVpznoI

Trouble is, that is of the 17/18 version of Kamara and most of the stuff I've seen about the 18/19 version says that he is not the same player this season - this thread about our apparent interest in him on a Dundee messageboard is not too complimentary.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Trouble is, that is of the 17/18 version of Kamara and most of the stuff I've seen about the 18/19 version says that he is not the same player this season - this thread about our apparent interest in him on a Dundee messageboard is not too complimentary.
    A single opinion from their forum but it seems representative:

On the Kamara debate, I honestly think that it shows just how starved of real talent we've been for a couple of seasons now that guys like Hendry and him are being hailed as super talents. Kamara utterly dominated a few games last season and has great ball skills, but when the going got tough he hid and passed on responsibility. This season he's been a passenger and has had hardly any impact whatsoever on most games he's played in. The last two games have show he's still got the nice flicks and tricks, wrong footing players and making space for himself out of nowhere, but he's contributed nothing to the team. No fight, no spirit, poor passing, frightened to get hurt. He's offski and we'll get nothing for him.

Moments like him back heeling the ball to the opposition when we had a man open on the wing he was facing show he simply doesn't understand the predicament we're in and while he's the best footballer in our squad no wonder he got hooked at half time.

Sounds like just the sort of player for Warnock to work his magic with

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

On the Kamara debate, I honestly think that it shows just how starved of real talent we've been for a couple of seasons now that guys like Hendry and him are being hailed as super talents. Kamara utterly dominated a few games last season and has great ball skills, but when the going got tough he hid and passed on responsibility. This season he's been a passenger and has had hardly any impact whatsoever on most games he's played in. The last two games have show he's still got the nice flicks and tricks, wrong footing players and making space for himself out of nowhere, but he's contributed nothing to the team. No fight, no spirit, poor passing, frightened to get hurt. He's offski and we'll get nothing for him.

Moments like him back heeling the ball to the opposition when we had a man open on the wing he was facing show he simply doesn't understand the predicament we're in and while he's the best footballer in our squad no wonder he got hooked at half time.
    It would have helped if I actually posted the link that I mentioend wouldn't it!

https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/forum...comment-333327

Something that just occurred to me. You've got two of the finest midfielders of the last generation in Gerrard and Lampard interested in signing this player. That's got to say something positive about this guy.

Hopefully the club shop will stock up on even more letter 'A's ready for the shirt printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Are they describing Tomlin?

It's a big leap from Dundee, to chasing downeorld class Premiership midfielders .

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Are they describing Tomlin?
    They were my thoughts and also when someone else mentioned Kamara being a Warnock type of player. I suppose it can be hit or miss and is all down to the player. Tomlin has all the ability in the world, and you can imagine Warnock trying to give him all the support possible, it just appears from the outside that Tomlin didn’t have that want to succeed.