+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Re: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    That's an easy one, a kick them out vote would be contested with those who do not believe in democratic results demanding another vote on the basis that those who voted them out didn't have a clue what they were voting for. Not claiming this to be fact just using a recent example as a guide
    👍😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why don’t the British people push for a vote on whether to keep the Royal family or not. Just like the Brexit vote? I would wager it would be a landslide vote to keep them.
    Why don't the British people push for a second referendum first? That is a more pressing issue in this time of confusion and chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why don't the British people push for a second referendum first? That is a more pressing issue in this time of confusion and chaos.
    We’ve already had that vote 👍

We’ve already had that vote ��
    We have already had the second vote? I must have missed it.

The Brexit camp who say democracy must be seen to be carried out fail to realise that true democracy allows people to change their minds when blatant lies swayed their first decision.

We have already had the second vote? I must have missed it.
    You know what I mean you little tinker! More chance of seeing the Popes balls than a 2nd vote.. That ship had sailed. Just need the PM to honour the majorities wishes and fool off toot sweet.

Highest TV viewing Xmas day, 6.9 million keep on rocking Liz.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The Brexit camp who say democracy must be seen to be carried out fail to realise that true democracy allows people to change their minds when blatant lies swayed their first decision.
    And if there were blatant lies on both sides what do you do then? And if you have a second vote and it is 51 -49% in favour of remaining do we have a third vote because its too close?
    A referendum is a vote on one subject with 1 vote. Job done whether we like the result or not!!!

You know what I mean you little tinker! More chance of seeing the Popes balls than a 2nd vote.. That ship had sailed. Just need the PM to honour the majorities wishes and fool off toot sweet.
    The majority of the majority didn't really have the slightest idea of the ramifications of their vote. It may be that I move in the wrong circles but that's my experience.

The majority of the majority didn't really have the slightest idea of the ramifications of their vote. It may be that I move in the wrong circles but that's my experience.
    The waters have been muddied by the remainers in power. The majority voted to leave. As simple as that. No ties, no ramifications. Just leave. Nothing confusing about that as far as I’m concerned.

The waters have been muddied by the remainers in power. The majority voted to leave. As simple as that. No ties, no ramifications. Just leave. Nothing confusing about that as far as I’m concerned.
    That's great. Did you understand all the ramifications too?

That's great. Did you understand all the ramifications too?
    There weren’t any. They have only appeared because, as I said, a remainer is trying desperately to hang on to European coat tails.
    With the parliament vote getting delayed longer and longer, a no deal Brexit could well be on the cards. That’ll do for me, and many others who voted to scarper.

There weren’t any. They have only appeared because, as I said, a remainer is trying desperately to hang on to European coat tails.
    With the parliament vote getting delayed longer and longer, a no deal Brexit could well be on the cards. That’ll do for me, and many others who voted to scarper.
    Really??? Brexit won't have any ramifications whatsoever? An interesting perspective, I must say.

Really??? Brexit won't have any ramifications whatsoever? An interesting perspective, I must say.
    I meant there were none at the time of voting. It was a simple choice. Leave or stay. Obviously things will be a bit uncertain at first. But like always, things will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I wonder if footballers stoop so low as to use offshore accounts to invest in scummy bottom feeding companies that prey on the poorest in society

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8048901.html
    I didn't see footballers mentioned when I scanned that link. But anyway, that's investments not wages.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And if there were blatant lies on both sides what do you do then? And if you have a second vote and it is 51 -49% in favour of remaining do we have a third vote because its too close?
    A referendum is a vote on one subject with 1 vote. Job done whether we like the result or not!!!
    Doesn't that make it even more sensible to have a vote where people are judging things on reality, rather than who can tell the most enticing lies?

This, maybe billy boy is in a nice cushty position he doesn’t really care what happens but it will be a massive kick in the teeth for most people and what’s making it worse is the current government is so fecking useless they can’t even get our own house in order, I think it will be catastrophic for us if there’s a no deal brexit

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What I think is refreshing is how lucky we are to live in a country where each is entitled to express their own views. What is a shame is how some people aren't content to leave it at that - they have do make sarcastic, snide, condescending and patronising comments directed towards those with different opinions to theirs, whether religious faith, royalty, or politics.

Little people who make themselves big and grand and pretentious by pressing a few keys on a laptop...
    Quite possibly the most ironic post in the history of the internet.

Sarcastic, snide, condescending and patronising. All rolled into one.

I meant there were none at the time of voting. It was a simple choice. Leave or stay. Obviously things will be a bit uncertain at first. But like always, things will fall into place.
    The ramifications were all there at the time of the vote, we were just unaware because the remain campaign didn't do a decent job of presenting them. All the problems that are looming haven't been created in the last 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Highest TV viewing Xmas day, 6.9 million keep on rocking Liz.
    So, just about one in nine in the UK watched it.

So you thought you were voting for a no deal Brexit in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Farage said he would keep on campaigning for another referendum on the EU if Leave ended up losing the vote 52/48, so I can only assume he supports calls for a second vote? Some people had been campaigning for another vote on our membership of the EEC/EU for forty years before they got one - this won't go away on 30 March, there will be calls for a vote to rejoin the EU (or whatever replaces it) for decades to come, but, of course, the generation most responsible for the result (mine) won't be around to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Farage said he would keep on campaigning for another referendum on the EU if Leave ended up losing the vote 52/48, so I can only assume he supports calls for a second vote? Some people had been campaigning for another vote on our membership of the EEC/EU for forty years before they got one - this won't go away on 30 March, there will be calls for a vote to rejoin the EU (or whatever replaces it) for decades to come, but, of course, the generation most responsible for the result (mine) won't be around to see it.
    to see what ?

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4935925]So you thought you were voting for a no deal Brexit in 2016?[/QUOTE
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This, maybe billy boy is in a nice cushty position he doesn’t really care what happens but it will be a massive kick in the teeth for most people and what’s making it worse is the current government is so fecking useless they can’t even get our own house in order, I think it will be catastrophic for us if there’s a no deal brexit
    Can you explain what will be catastrophic with a no deal Brexit?