+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

The highlight of every patriotic Briton's Christmas Day festivities has come and gone once again with the live broadcast of the monarch's address from Sandringham House in Norfolk from where she will spend the festive period with her family.

In her remarks she reflected upon major events that occurred in 2018 and congratulated Harry Redknapp for capturing this year's I'm a Celebrity crown. She acknowledged that many of her loyal subjects continue to suffer privation caused by austerity and that it was easy for her to empathise with their plight as she struggles to get by on her £82 million annual Sovereign Grant payment. Her finances, she said, had become so stretched that she felt compelled to reduce one of her corgis to part-time status and another is now on an even more precarious zero-hour contract.

In years prior, before Prince Charles remarried, her message was considerably longer than the ten minute duration it has been latterly. Royal insiders believe that ever since the commoner formerly known as Camilla Parker-Bowles, who has a notoriously voracious appetite, has been on the plot Her Majesty has been anxious to return to the dining table through fear of that gutsy fecker scoffing what remained of the trifle.

In a familiar downbeat ending, accompanied with a mischievous glint in her eye, she said Prince Philip wasn't feeling up to the mark today and was celebrating privately, which is code for: he reached for the brandy straight after breakfast and is currently snorting coke from a scullery maid's belly button.

Re: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Very good.
    She congratulated Charlie boy on getting
    to 70 without doing a days work.
    She was particularly pleased he had avoided having his benefit santioned.

As usual I tuned in, my only criticism of a very special lady, she had no mention of the Citys achievements.

God Save Our Great Queen ,may she reign long .

Well said. I spent a few minutes earlier totting-up the number of bedrooms at her various official and private residences. It was over 2,000, which may appear a tad excessive as her and Phil can only occupy a maximum of two at any given time. Nutjobs, crackpots and other looney tunes who insist on thinking for themselves question the morality of the nation's Head of State having access to such an abundance of unoccupied accommodation while thousands of her homeless citizens kip on the streets every night.

Thankfully, those non-BBC viewing headcases are few in number. The rest of us can happily continue to wave our small plastic Union Flags in her direction whenever she comes into view.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well said. I spent a few minutes earlier totting-up the number of bedrooms at her various official and private residences. It was over 2,000, which may appear a tad excessive as her and Phil can only occupy a maximum of two at any given time. Nutjobs, crackpots and other looney tunes who insist on thinking for themselves question the morality of the nation's Head of State having access to such an abundance of unoccupied accommodation while thousands of her homeless citizens kip on the streets every night.

Thankfully, those non-BBC viewing headcases are few in number. The rest of us can happily continue to wave our small plastic Union Flags in her direction whenever she comes into view.

It's heart-warming that most of the poor are happy to keep extremely wealthy people in the manner to which they are accustomed.

Whichever you paint it the queen is loved .

Folk outside the UK can't understanding our disinterest.

I was in the USA just before the Megan wedding , and they'd say stuff randomly like " wow ,what you think of the , wedding " expected us to gush over the event , those very people who were asking this , were lowly paid workers , who didn't seem to suffer from the shame envy problem we seem to have.

People must be ****ing mad then.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I was in the USA just before the Megan wedding , and they'd say stuff randomly like " wow ,what you think of the , wedding " expected us to gush over the event , those very people who were asking this , were lowly paid workers , who didn't seem to suffer from the shame envy problem we seem to have.
    It's not about envy. It's about the concept of hereditary privilege and the office of Head of State being foisted upon someone merely by dint of the bed they were born in. The rest of us are expected to bow to them as if they are superior beings.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's not about envy. It's about the concept of hereditary privilege and the office of Head of State being foisted upon someone merely by dint of the bed they were born in. The rest of us are expected to bow to them as if they are superior beings.

Post of the year imo

Short. Hits the nail on the head. Reflects exactly what the rest of us working class oiks are thinking but can’t
    be arsed to say

The highlight of every patriotic Briton's Christmas Day festivities has come and gone once again with the live broadcast of the monarch's address from Sandringham House in Norfolk from where she will spend the festive period with her family.

In her remarks she reflected upon major events that occurred in 2018 and congratulated Harry Redknapp for capturing this year's I'm a Celebrity crown. She acknowledged that many of her loyal subjects continue to suffer privation caused by austerity and that it was easy for her to empathise with their plight as she struggles to get by on her £82 million annual Sovereign Grant payment. Her finances, she said, had become so stretched that she felt compelled to reduce one of her corgis to part-time status and another is now on an even more precarious zero-hour contract.

In years prior, before Prince Charles remarried, her message was considerably longer than the ten minute duration it has been latterly. Royal insiders believe that ever since the commoner formerly known as Camilla Parker-Bowles, who has a notoriously voracious appetite, has been on the plot Her Majesty has been anxious to return to the dining table through fear of that gutsy fecker scoffing what remained of the trifle.

In a familiar downbeat ending, accompanied with a mischievous glint in her eye, she said Prince Philip wasn't feeling up to the mark today and was celebrating privately, which is code for: he reached for the brandy straight after breakfast and is currently snorting coke from a scullery maid's belly button.
    Yea...shame isn't it, whilst us poor slobs support premier league players, some earning £10m a year for kicking a ball around for 90 mins a week...but that's Ok because they are just like us

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Yea...shame isn't it, whilst us poor slobs support premier league players, some earning £10m a year for kicking a ball around for 90 mins a week...but that's Ok because they are just like us
    Footballers' wages are not paid by taxpayers.

The real benefit scroungers.

They're the real benefit scroungers.

And they won’t still be receiving it should they live into their 90s!

What I think is refreshing is how lucky we are to live in a country where each is entitled to express their own views. What is a shame is how some people aren't content to leave it at that - they have do make sarcastic, snide, condescending and patronising comments directed towards those with different opinions to theirs, whether religious faith, royalty, or politics.

Little people who make themselves big and grand and pretentious by pressing a few keys on a laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Post of the year imo

Short. Hits the nail on the head. Reflects exactly what the rest of us working class oiks are thinking but can’t
    be arsed to say

It doesnt represent all working class folk , and although there are thousands who may think along the narrow views contained in this post ,theirs many who enjoy the existence of the Royals ,many a Welsh home or working class club /pub would adorn a picture of the queen ,this post smacks of totalitarianism.

You will have the chance to vote for a republic very soon ,good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What I think is refreshing is how lucky we are to live in a country where each is entitled to express their own views. What is a shame is how some people aren't content to leave it at that - they have do make sarcastic, snide, condescending and patronising comments directed towards those with different opinions to theirs, whether religious faith, royalty, or politics.

Little people who make themselves big and grand and pretentious by pressing a few keys on a laptop...
    Do agree and hardly likely to say it to ones face ,bet they got small trump hands ,he's a rude keyboard freak ,my way, or no way .

Life is a balance and one should embrace the world as it is,including its differences .

P.M.A.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Why is it a shame that people express an opinion that is different to your own? And do you always consider those with a different opinion to your own as 'little people' (rather condescending itself)?
    And do you think that those with a different opinion should refrain from expressing their opinion because they are using a keyboard to express it (the same type of keyboard that you are using to express your own opinion)?

Not unless you consider picking up the slack left through their tax dodging accountancy loophole scams a wage subsidy?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    Not unless you consider picking up the slack left through their tax dodging accountancy loophole scams a wage subsidy?
    You are confusing payment of wages with the taxation thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Believe me, Americans DO NOT like paying taxes (it's like they don't know where the money for roads comes from) That Royal Family shit would not fly over here. And never has.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    I think footballer wages are all above board. They are salaried and pay NI and income tax. The loopholes come with their other incomes.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think footballer wages are all above board. They are salaried and pay NI and income tax. The loopholes come with their other incomes.
    I wonder if footballers stoop so low as to use offshore accounts to invest in scummy bottom feeding companies that prey on the poorest in society

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8048901.html

Why don’t the British people push for a vote on whether to keep the Royal family or not. Just like the Brexit vote? I would wager it would be a landslide vote to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why don’t the British people push for a vote on whether to keep the Royal family or not. Just like the Brexit vote? I would wager it would be a landslide vote to keep them.
    That's an easy one, a kick them out vote would be contested with those who do not believe in democratic results demanding another vote on the basis that those who voted them out didn't have a clue what they were voting for. Not claiming this to be fact just using a recent example as a guide