+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Re: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    What f"kin planet are you on ?
    Football wages are obscene, yes they pay taxes, but its created such an elite status gap between those who fund it (fans ) and those who earn .

The honours system is all about royal patronage. And what role does our monarch also fill? The Supreme Governor of the Church of England. And to think that the Bible states that "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

It's about time that people woke up and smelled the coffee instead of kow-towing to such establishment nonsense - and GSTQ is a wonderful double whammy for the gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would have prefered it to have been for voters between the ages of 16 and 59.
    Many 60 year olds will still have 20 or 30 years of life left of course it it will still affect them.

Are you seriously suggesting disenfranchising part of the population depending on what we are voting for Bob? Where would it end ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You are missing the point. I want the UK to be in a position where we are are solely accountable for all our choices, laws and rules.
    Between 80-90% of our laws are made in the UK. The ones from the EU we could veto or are passed by our own elected MEPs. We have more say in the EU than Wales has in Westminster.

What is so shit about that arrangement that you are prepared to gamble with people's livelihoods?

Also, credible polls suggest that leave voters are roughly split on leaving with a deal and leaving without a deal. If all leave voters voted for the same thing, who are right?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Oh dear, !!
    I don’t belive this, but I’m genuinely interested why do you think the EU needs us more then web need them?

What’s your reasoning?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Football wages are obscene, yes they pay taxes, but its created such an elite status gap between those who fund it (fans ) and those who earn .
    I know there's probably loopholes galore which lessen the amount of tax footballers pay but that aside the amount they actually contribute to the economy is huge. Remember when Tevez's payslip got leaked when he was at Man City? He was paying £3million tax a month

Tevez-Check.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I know there's probably loopholes galore which lessen the amount of tax footballers pay but that aside the amount they actually contribute to the economy is huge. Remember when Tevez's payslip got leaked when he was at Man City? He was paying £3million tax a month

Tevez-Check.jpg
    Interesting. I haven't seen that before. His tax was not £3m a month - looks like just under £3.2m on the full year (salary £7.9m)

What caught my eye was the £24 fine from the FA. What would you get a £24 fine for.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting. I haven't seen that before. His tax was not £3m a month - looks like just under £3.2m on the full year (salary £7.9m)

What caught my eye was the £24 fine from the FA. What would you get a £24 fine for.... ?
    Oh yeah of course it wasn't £3m a month

Don't know about the £24 but apparently it's a tenner per red card https://www.premiersoccerchat.com/34...remier-league/

Tevez-Check.jpg
    Yeah the Tevez payslip came to mind when I made the original post.

If there's one thing clubs won't fiddle with nowadays its their tax so I don't know why Barmy steamed in. Unless he knows something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Many 60 year olds will still have 20 or 30 years of life left of course it it will still affect them.

Are you seriously suggesting disenfranchising part of the population depending on what we are voting for Bob? Where would it end ?
    I would definitely forego a vote in any second referendum if it was a consequence of letting more younger people vote in it.

My nephew and neices are in their twenties, so, if Jacob Rees-Mogg is right about it taking fifty years for the full benefits of Brexit to be felt, that means that they will spend the rest of their working lives having to go through the negative impact that an arch leaver says will follow our leaving the EU - what a legacy to be handed them by the generation that was, largely, responsible for the no vote.

I would definitely forego a vote in any second referendum if it was a consequence of letting more younger people vote in it.

My nephew and neices are in their twenties, so, if Jacob Rees-Mogg is right about it taking fifty years for the full benefits of Brexit to be felt, that means that they will spend the rest of their working lives having to go through the negative impact that an arch leaver says will follow our leaving the EU - what a legacy to be handed them by the generation that was, largely, responsible for the no vote.
    For a seemingly sensible guy, you are talking complete Bollox!!!
    The day you start saying who can vote and who can’t vote is the day democracy dies.
    What about the generation who gave their lives so your niece and nephew have a right to vote???
    If it’s gonna take 50 yrs to balance out, then that’s proof in itself what strangle hold the EU has on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Between 80-90% of our laws are made in the UK. The ones from the EU we could veto or are passed by our own elected MEPs. We have more say in the EU than Wales has in Westminster.

What is so shit about that arrangement that you are “prepared to gamble with people's livelihoods?”

Also, credible polls suggest that leave voters are roughly split on leaving with a deal and leaving without a deal. If all leave voters voted for the same thing, who are right?
    “Prepared to gamble with people’s livelihoods”
    That sentence in itself shows what the EU has become. It’s gone from a common market designed for a you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours on trade deals, to an all consuming monster that some people are too afraid to leave, and that’s just in 50 yrs!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Doesn't that make it even more sensible to have a vote where people are judging things on reality, rather than who can tell the most enticing lies?
    And who decides what is reality when no one knows what will happen? But at least out we can make our own decisions, steer our own way.
    If we voted now to stay in the EH would would be so badly treated that in a couple of years we'd be clamouring to get out again?

A lot of people voted out without taking any notice of the arguments anyway. We, the British people, just don't like being told what to do and having to conform to laws rules and regulations we don't agree with, and this is a chance to 'stand on our own two feet' again.
    Simples

International

He says 50 years for full BENEFITS to be felt, not 50 years to get us back to where we are now. They are 2 hugely different things.

Just like if you were suddenly to take up running , it would hurt the first few times, then it would stop hurting, (getting back to where we are now) and then as you kept running it wouls day by day improve your health.. (If of course at our age it didn't kill us )

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And who decides what is reality when no one knows what will happen? But at least out we can make our own decisions, steer our own way.
    If we voted now to stay in the EH would would be so badly treated that in a couple of years we'd be clamouring to get out again?

A lot of people voted out without taking any notice of the arguments anyway. We, the British people, just don't like being told what to do and having to conform to laws rules and regulations we don't agree with, and this is a chance to 'stand on our own two feet' again.
    Simples
    Yeah the British people are right to stand up against the EU for making us have the Euro and Schengen.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Simples
    But happy to be told what do by the Tories in Westminster who only care about the very elite in the country.

The day you start saying who can vote and who can’t vote is the day democracy dies.
    What about the generation who gave their lives so your niece and nephew have a right to vote???
    If it’s gonna take 50 yrs to balance out, then that’s proof in itself what strangle hold the EU has on us.
    Why are so many Brexiters, so angry all of the time? You can see how the term "gammon" originated.

What I'm saying is what I would do if I could - I don't expect for a second it will actually happen.

I don't get the relevance of "what about the generation who gave their lives" when the body the vote was about in 2016 was less than sixty years old at that time (the "common market" was founded in 1957).

I'd be fascinated to know from you what precisely it is that ensures the EU have us in a "stranglehold" it will take us half a century to escape from.

Why are so many Brexiters, so angry all of the time? You can see how the term "gammon" originated.

What I'm saying is what I would do if I could - I don't expect for a second it will actually happen.

I don't get the relevance of "what about the generation who gave their lives" when the body the vote was about in 2016 was less than sixty years old at that time (the "common market" was founded in 1957).

I'd be fascinated to know from you what precisely it is that ensures the EU have us in a "stranglehold" it will take us half a century to escape from.
    A fact that I've learned about brexiteers is that they're completely incapable of having a debate about anything without eventually bringing the Second World War into it

A fact that I've learned about brexiteers is that they're completely incapable of having a debate about anything without eventually bringing the Second World War into it
    Don't believe in stereotyping do you!!!!

That is a pretty broad statement there.

It’s pretty much true though, “Our fathers & grandfathers fought for etc etc”, it’s something that’s regularly churned out. Doesn’t seem to take into account that we were a part of the ‘Allies’, some folk actually think we won the war single handedly. Reuniting Europe has resulted in a generation of relative peace compared to the first half of the last century.

I have heard a lot of equally angry remainers as well Bob!

Perceptive remarks there re our Bobsy Wilson. He's getting progressively worse, too.

It's down to him relocating from Cardiff to the arse end of beyond in Rhondda where his peer group consist of people such as Dilys Willis, Huw Pugh and Mavis Davis. It's remarkable that the more they read newspapers at the library the more uninformed they become. Subconsciously, through a desire to be accepted, instead of questioning their madcap views he increasingly nods in agreement.

Course it is, but the truth remains that talk to a lot of Brexiteers for long enough and they'll bring WW2 into it

I voted to leave. And as for the Second World War, as far as the UK was concerned it was a complete and utter disaster, and fkuc all to do with us....

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I voted to leave. And as for the Second World War, as far as the UK was concerned it was a complete and utter disaster, and fkuc all to do with us....
    ??? Would you’ve rathered the nazis winning then?