+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Re: Her Majesty the Queen's Christmas Message

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Farage said he would keep on campaigning for another referendum on the EU if Leave ended up losing the vote 52/48, so I can only assume he supports calls for a second vote? Some people had been campaigning for another vote on our membership of the EEC/EU for forty years before they got one - this won't go away on 30 March, there will be calls for a vote to rejoin the EU (or whatever replaces it) for decades to come, but, of course, the generation most responsible for the result (mine) won't be around to see it.
    Doesn’t matter what generation you belong to in a national vote.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Can you explain what will be catastrophic with a no deal Brexit?
    https://amp.economist.com/leaders/20...no-deal-brexit

So after reading through all that, I was expecting to see a plague of locust and 40 days and nights of torrential rain. It all ended though, with a no deal Brexit “COULD” result in a wreck.

So after reading through all that, I was expecting to see a plague of locust and 40 days and nights of torrential rain. It all ended though, with a no deal Brexit “COULD” result in a wreck.
    So what are the good things that "COULD" come out of the no deal that you are after?

Can you explain what will be catastrophic with a no deal Brexit?
    Are you retired? What has this country to offer in leading markets? We will end up spunking more money away than what we pay to stay in the EU imo and god knows what will happen to the pound the country is already in a mess with massive debt and you believe it will all be fine after a short period? The original referendum was a joke nobody really knew wtf they was voting for MP’s lied through their teeth and don’t bullshit you voted for a no deal brexit

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So what are the good things that "COULD" come out of the no deal that you are after?
    Cmon Lardy. You’ve more about you than that. The EU is corrupt. Full of unelected members who make up laws and rules as they wish. Most of its members are bankrupt. Most of them owe each other billions, that they can never repay. It has become a stranglehold.
    I’m wanting the UK out. Standing on its own 2 feet. Being responsible for itself. (Which we should all be striving to do in all walks of life).
    The very fact that it’s proving so difficult to leave with some sort of deal, proves what a corrupt network it actually is.
    What started off as a common market aimed to help neighbouring countries do cheaper trade deals together has grown into an all consuming monster.
    Just as Thatcher tested the poll tax waters in Scotland first, we are the guinee pigs in wanting out, and are being threatened with all sorts of disasters for having the audacity to even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Are you retired? What has this country to offer in leading markets? We will end up spunking more money away than what we pay to stay in the EU imo and god knows what will happen to the pound the country is already in a mess with massive debt and you believe it will all be fine after a short period? The original referendum was a joke nobody really knew wtf they was voting for MP’s lied through their teeth and don’t bullshit you voted for a no deal brexit
    No I’m not retired, and yes I voted for a no deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    to see what ?
    A referendum to rejoin whatever version of the EU is around in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whichever you paint it the queen is loved.
    But apparently not as loved as Wallace and Gromit. Twice as many turned on to watch them. And thinking about it, Wallace would make a better King than Charles, and Gromit could see of those bloody corgies.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4935931]
    So you thought you were voting for a no deal Brexit in 2016?[/QUOTE
    Yes
    Sorry, but I don't believe you.

Doesn’t matter what generation you belong to in a national vote.
    Of course it does, when so many of the people who will be around to experience the true consequences of the decision taken were not given a vote and so many who voted will be dead and gone when the true cost/value of the decision and others who did have a say will be long gone.

Of course it does, when so many of the people who will be around to experience the true consequences of the decision taken were not given a vote and so many who voted will be dead and gone when the true cost/value of the decision and others who did have a say will be long gone.
    That is utter nonsense! Should the vote have been only for 3yr olds up to 21 yr olds?

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4935961]

Sorry, but I don't believe you.
    The ballot paper said leave or stay. Nothing else. Nothing about “a deal”.

That is utter nonsense! Should the vote have been only for 3yr olds up to 21 yr olds?
    I would have prefered it to have been for voters between the ages of 16 and 59.

Are you just selfish or just don’t give a shit what state you leave the place for the next generation

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4935967]

Still don't believe you voted specifically for going out of the EU with no deal - which is what you said earlier in the thread as I understand it.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4935972]

Still don't believe you voted specifically for going out of the EU with no deal - which is what you said earlier in the thread as I understand it.
    That’s fine. Your entitled to your opinion, although I’ve said a few times in this thread that I’m happy to leave with no deal. As for your age frame for voters, then we really are entering murky waters if we go down that Rd.

Are you just selfish or just don’t give a shit what state you leave the place for the next generation
    No I’m not selfish. I’m far from that. I just believe we will be better off out of Europe. You disagree. Fine. That’s what this MB is all about.

No I’m not selfish. I’m far from that. I just believe we will be better off out of Europe. You disagree. Fine. That’s what this MB is all about.
    I struggle to see how you think we’ll come out better off in the end? What makes you believe this?

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4935967]

True - but leave campaigners were going on for months about 'Norway', 'Switzerland', 'Canada' and how the EU would be desperate to offer up a 'cake and eat it' trade deal to the UK if we voted out. Of course none of that had any impact on people in the voting booths did it?

[QUOTE=jon1959;4935993]

True - but leave campaigners were going on for months about 'Norway', 'Switzerland', 'Canada' and how the EU would be desperate to offer up a 'cake and eat it' trade deal to the UK if we voted out. Of course none of that had any impact on people in the voting booths did it?
    The 1st word in your reply is the important one. The rest is just assumptions made by you.

So, just about one in nine in the UK watched it.
    Not bad for someone is not liked , plus many millions who still like the lady ,not everyone wants others in charged equally costing a lot .

If anyone is worried about tax payers money have a look at over paid police commissioners, NHS trust heads , council leaders , Wales in isolation has a dreadful over layered tax laden government and councils .

[QUOTE=William Treseder;4935994]
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

The 1st word in your reply is the important one. The rest is just assumptions made by you.
    The contents of the leave campaign is not an assumption. It is a fact. 'True' in fact!

A referendum to rejoin whatever version of the EU is around in the future.
    Won't happen. The EU/Euro is benefiting Germany whilst countries like Italy haven't seen any growth in GDP for 25 years. Huge unemployment across Spain and Eastern Europe. The EU as a political entity will be gone..

I struggle to see how you think we’ll come out better off in the end? What makes you believe this?
    Who knows, but the EU need the UK more than the other way round. I think the trade 'deficit' is something like £50 billion a year, so the queues of lorries will be longer in France and Belgium. Plus you can add the £40 billion we won't pay the EU. The UK economy is stronger than all EU countries bar Germany - they'll be sh*tting themselves with a 'no deal' brexit, which, I guess is May's strategy to get some last minute concessions..