+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Premier League sides besides us after Camarasa.

Four Premier League sides besides us after Camarasa.

We're putting in a bid of £13.5 million for him according to Wales Online.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ested-15595980

Re: Four Premier League sides besides us after Camarasa.

We're trying to sign him permanently in January?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

You’d think as he is with us now we’d have an option to buy first?

Makes sense, he's amazing and will only get better. Proper tekkers like.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It will be difficult for Víctor Camarasa's future not to be linked to the Premier League next season. The Valencia midfielder is the best news of a Cardiff who is fighting for permanence and his performance is not going unnoticed in the English championship.

Their performances in this first round have caused several teams of the Premier to ask about their contractual situation. More specifically, up to four clubs in the top category of English football have shown interest in the Spanish player.

In Cardiff they know that their price is up and they want the player to be their property as soon as possible. Therefore, the Welsh team is willing to spend 15 million euros to Betis to stay with the player, since at the time was not agreed on a specific purchase option with the Andalusian club.

Camarasa, who scored against Manchester United on the last day, plays absolutely everything in the team of Neil Warnock. In Cardiff they know it and are willing to scratch their pockets to keep it that way.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/premier...24c8b464e.html

Please stay Victor

He's likely to go too the highest bidder.
    Surely he has some Spanish mates who can do a job for us ??

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    And he has the option to turn us down, especially if he knows he has a better offer elsewhere

Isn’t it a season long loan?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I don't think he's worth 13.5 million, although i suppose that's todays market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's probably true, he went to Betis for about 6m, hardly played and now is worth double and then some. Our fault for not putting a purchase option in but there we go. I suppose foreign clubs see PL clubs coming and they see pound signs!

Excellent today. Made a mistake or two but our best, most creative player.

He's easily the pick of our midfielders. If you want someone with some drive, creativity and can tackle, expect to spent 8 figures. I reckon we could cope without one of Ralls, Gunnarsson and Arter, but not Camarasa. It's fine being a workhorse, but that doesn't get you far in the Premier League. Creativity is essential. I don't reckon that Camarasa is brilliant by PL standards, but he makes the rest of our midfield look very ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's likely to go too the highest bidder.
    Surely he has some Spanish mates who can do a job for us ??
    Didn't his girlfriend persuade him to come to Cardiff in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    That's one of the most unlikely questions I've ever read on here in 15 years!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I’m sure I read she’s in Cardiff university

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's easily the pick of our midfielders. If you want someone with some drive, creativity and can tackle, expect to spent 8 figures. I reckon we could cope without one of Ralls, Gunnarsson and Arter, but not Camarasa. It's fine being a workhorse, but that doesn't get you far in the Premier League. Creativity is essential. I don't reckon that Camarasa is brilliant by PL standards, but he makes the rest of our midfield look very ordinary.
    Agree, although he's our most unique midfielder as the other three have similar traits. He does like to get on the ball and drive into those pockets of space that draw defenders, the only problem is that he rarely has an 'out' so i'd say that his best work isn't really realised as those around him don't give him many options. I do like him, and it would be nice to see someone alongside him who can compliment his ability. He does lack a bit of upper body strength and his tackling isn't great, but overall i think he's probably been our best outfield player. At times you can see him making the same passes that he would've made in Spain, automatically expecting a player to be in the space where he's put the ball-invariably, they're not.

Agree, although he's our most unique midfielder as the other three have similar traits. He does like to get on the ball and drive into those pockets of space that draw defenders, the only problem is that he rarely has an 'out' so i'd say that his best work isn't really realised as those around him don't give him many options. I do like him, and it would be nice to see someone alongside him who can compliment his ability. He does lack a bit of upper body strength and his tackling isn't great, but overall i think he's probably been our best outfield player. At times you can see him making the same passes that he would've made in Spain, automatically expecting a player to be in the space where he's put the ball-invariably, they're not.
    It's almost as if he's expecting some of our players to make runs, and move off the ball. I'm not having a pop at you, just us! I'd love us to sign him, if we have to pay a premium on a known quantity, so be it. He's one of the building blocks we need to get to become an actual footballing side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's almost as if he's expecting some of our players to make runs, and move off the ball. I'm not having a pop at you, just us! I'd love us to sign him, if we have to pay a premium on a known quantity, so be it. He's one of the building blocks we need to get to become an actual footballing side.
    Can't disagree. His brain is working that little bit quicker than most of our players, a few million too much, but i agree with your point about becoming a footballing side.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    She studying "walking Spanish down the hall "

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Was a few years back; jumped at the chance to move back to Cardiff.

I think he would sign if we could agree a fee. By far the best footballer at the club.

This explains why we have no money for new signings other than the £13.5m for Camarasa. I would be happy for him to sign at that price as he is by far the best player we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    This explains why we have no money for new signings other than the £13.5m for Camarasa. I would be happy for him to sign at that price as he is by far the best player we have.
    We have him on loan until the end of the season so why sign him now when we need at least three players to stay up?
    Anyway,Like Arter his agent will tell him not to sign for us until we are guaranteed to stay in Premier League

He would be a great signing, but if we don't sign at least two more players we're going down.

I hope we can stay up and can keep him - if he had shown just a little a bit more pace and/or better finishing then he'd easily be a top 6 player already - but as has pointed out we need a couple more and if it means losing one to bring in four then it might be the right thing long term.

Show me that right-back, defensive midfielder and young CB. Heck give me another winger while we're at it.