+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A chance of staying out of bottom 3?

A chance of staying out of bottom 3?

Looking at the fixtures, with Fulham,;Huddersfield and Burnley playing each other over next 2 games we have a realistic chance of staying above them all, even if we lose next 2 games.

Re: A chance of staying out of bottom 3?

Yep we can, especially If we get some points at Leicester ,then thrash the Spurs ,the only way is up.
    P.M.A.

On the flip side, we have 15 games left where we may pick up points ourselves.

I think that we will eventually drop into the bottom three and never get out of the relegation zone. However, I'm a delighted how things have worked out so far and am enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think that we will eventually drop into the bottom three and never get out of the relegation zone. However, I'm a delighted how things have worked out so far and am enjoying the ride.
    This. Every week outside the drop zone is a bonus. Can't see it lasting though, are there 3 teams worse than us?

As long as we beat hudds at home and pick up a few points in February we wont be far off, we have winnable games in Feb but we have to win them. Another 9 or 10 points by then and we have hope

The next 5 games are massive if we can get a cushion it will be hard for teams to catch up with games after that. Only issue is Fulham who have an easier run at the end which could be key . The have the ability to put a lot of good results together, a good manager and a good set of players who may have gelled

This is what I think too. We've been fortunate with Southampton, Fulham, Newcsastle and Burnley but apart from Burnley that seems to be over now. Sooner or later we'll be down there.

Maybe 30 points might be a benchmark this season, not 40.

Half the games played, half that number of point achieved.

Well done PR Machine, some people are falling for it.

We need a decent striker, RB, CB, and another midfielder if not I just can’t see us staying up we need to win more than half of our home games and we may as well give up on 6 of them

Huddersfield have lost the last six games, Fulham haven't won in the last six, Burnley have only won once in the last twelve games and some people still think we are one of the worst three teams and will definately get relegated. We are making a fight of it and dont deserve all this criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Huddersfield have lost the last six games, Fulham haven't won in the last six, Burnley have only won once in the last twelve games and some people still think we are one of the worst three teams and will definately get relegated. We are making a fight of it and dont deserve all this criticism.