+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the Palace Ultras?

Re: What happened to the Palace Ultras?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Which words? It's a tune sung by Wrexham, Swansea and us (at least) but Wrexham sing their own words and Welsh fans pointed out that Zulu film lyrics are perhaps the least traditional but most well known.
    Never ever heard Swansea sing it.
    Been to maybe 20 derby games and seen them on TV/ heard them on the radio dozens of times and NEVER heard them sing it.

Last 7-8 years they’ve sung the egg chasing Hymns and Arias , but not MOH that I know of

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    For younger viewers, the origin of the ditty 'if you like a lot of fighting at the football join our club' is this TV advert:

That takes me back, a thing of beauty, that song. Remember 'One man went to mow, Went to mow a meadow' and his dog 'Spot' if we got to ten, then it sounded pretty good, although **** knows what it had to do with football. I remember a song about Kevin Brock-Creative midfielder early nineties-'Kevin Brock, What a Shock, He has got a massive cock! la la la la la la la..... And 'Tony Bird's Disco pants are the best, they go right from his arse to his chest' Can't remember the second verse, although i'm sure Adam Ant is mentioned. We were more creative back then

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I seem to recall they had quite a sizeable section in the end block behind the goal but today there was only about 30 of them.

Not so impressive today and they were the only home fans that tried to make a noise.
    They had a dispute with the club over being relocated in the ground, it's been resolved for next season where my understanding is that they will be situated in the middle of the Holmesdale. Until then though they're a bit all over the place.

There's the usual sneery comments that you'd expect on this thread, as if the sh*tty atmosphere at the vast majority of grounds in the prem is somehow preferable to a bunch of supporters that make a racket for 90 minutes and bring a touch of colour to their ground, something a bit more interesting than a bunch of fuçking England flags anyway

But hey ho they must be a bunch of beardo hipster tw@ts to copy something from abroad eh.

Having seen them walk down slower road a few years ago I can only assume puberty took its natural progression and they realised what utter bell ends they looked like.