+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out! Out!! Out!!!

Out! Out!! Out!!!

No not Neil.

Some of our fans have obviously not played football since the under 10's.
    Screaming at our defenders to "get out", and run to the half way line , having "booted" rhe ball away.
    Do they not realise what we are trying to do?

Why give Palace (or any other opponent), half the pitch to plady the ball into and catch us out with pacey strikers?

Excellent game plan today, and it almost came off.

Well done.

Re: Out! Out!! Out!!!

My biggest gripe in football!

When a team (normally us) is pinned in and everyone is shouting GET OUT! Even tho a long ball or cross is about to come into the box.

Do they just expect our back line to leave their men and rush out to pressure, all it would take is for one player to beat the offside trap.

Happens to all teams and all games I watch, just one example of fans who think they know football but clearly don’t

If we set up like that again for the remainder of our away games we'll get beaten 90% of the time, just like we've been beaten in 90% of our previous away games.
    Dont get me wrong, it was a great rear guard action yesterday but we we're lucky. We shipped three goals against Watford by giving them two thirds of the pitch to play in, it could easily have happened yesterday.
    Great point in the end though.

Someone has to go out to the attacker though? Make them force a decision. Push them on to their weaker foot?

You can’t stay on the 6 yard box otherwise your asking for trouble

Defending too deep gives the opposition too much space to play in.
    We’ve got one of the quickest keepers I can remember here, no need to play as deep as we sometimes do.

Especially when you have opposition sides who can hit the top corner from 25 yards with ease

We aren't going to win more than 10% of our away games, no matter what tactics we adopt.

I obviously not suggesting we sit on our 6 yard box, but we need to try and negate the pace that almost all the teams in this league possess.

I fing it unbelievable that some of our fans will make an 8 hour round trip for a game, and then spend 90 mins moaning and groaning at our players.

The best bit is when they randomly shout out "too easy", as if the Match of the Day pundits favourite catchphrase, makes them some kind of expert on Premier league football.

Enjoy the ride guys, nobody said it would be (too) easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Defending too deep gives the opposition too much space to play in.
    We’ve got one of the quickest keepers I can remember here, no need to play as deep as we sometimes do.

Especially when you have opposition sides who can hit the top corner from 25 yards with ease
    Good point, and it shows the problems we face against the best players on the planet.
    At Watford, for example, it wasn't defending deep that caused the problem, it was standing off their midfield 3, and making them look like Messi & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    My biggest gripe in football!

When a team (normally us) is pinned in and everyone is shouting GET OUT! Even tho a long ball or cross is about to come into the box.

Do they just expect our back line to leave their men and rush out to pressure, all it would take is for one player to beat the offside trap.

Happens to all teams and all games I watch, just one example of fans who think they know football but clearly don’t
    You and the idiot who started this OP clearly don’t know football if you think staying pinned in to your own box and on the toes of the goalkeeper is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    No not Neil.

Screaming at our defenders to "get out", and run to the half way line , having "booted" rhe ball away.

Why give Palace (or any other opponent), half the pitch to plady the ball into and catch us out with pacey strikers?

Well done.
    The most ironic part of this post is the sarcastic use of “booted” the ball away like it’s an under 10 tactic, when it’s pretty much what Warnock instructs his defenders to do. Under pressure or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Someone has to go out to the attacker though? Make them force a decision. Push them on to their weaker foot?

You can’t stay on the 6 yard box otherwise your asking for trouble
    Precisely

I fing it unbelievable that some of our fans will make an 8 hour round trip for a game, and then spend 90 mins moaning and groaning at our players!
    As unbelievable as travelling all around Europe to moan, groan and slag off the captain of your country

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    As unbelievable as travelling all around Europe to moan, groan and slag off the captain of your country
    I don't moan at the games, just on here . Is that OK?

Precisely
    Who said anything about defending on the 6 yard box you soppy c unt ???

Do us all a favour and have a day off..... Mr Fu cking know it all X

I don't moan at the games, just on here . Is that OK?
    Never moaned about Ashley Williams at a game? I don’t believe you.

Who said anything about defending on the 6 yard box you soppy c unt ???

Do us all a favour and have a day off..... Mr Fu cking know it all X
    Captain Ironic

No not Neil.

Well done.
    So rather than give them half the pitch you want to give them 80% of the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The further back our defenders the better. He loves to see them hoof it as far as they can.

It’s why Big Ben was his favourite player.

It's how Chelsea beat Barcelona on their way to Champions League final a couple of years ago.

I don't think we're defensively good enough to do it in each away game but is not a bad tactic in itself.

Never moaned about Ashley Williams at a game? I don’t believe you.
    Guess what, I couldn't give a fu ck.

Captain Ironic
    So, I didn't mention the 6 yard box, or the goal keepers toes?

Stop making shit up. It's people like you who killed this board .....MR ****ING KNOW IT ALL !!

No, you give them 100% of the pitch if you defend on the half way line. That's why NO teams in this league do it.

Stop making shit up. It's people like you who killed this board .....MR ****ING KNOW IT ALL !!
    Boom!!!

Ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Boom!!!
    Look out Uncle Andy has arrived

Guess what, I couldn't give a fu ck.
    Swearing in capitals at me says you do