+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: LEICESTER CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: LEICESTER CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Saturday December 29th, ko 3pm

Referee: Simon Hooper
    Assistants: Richard West, Derek Eaton
    Fourth official: Mike Dean

Leicester's week. Beat Chelsea, beat Man City. They started both those games 2nd favourite and won.

So who knows what we might achieve.

Re: LEICESTER CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Etheridge

Manga Morrison Bamba Cunningham

Arter Gunnarsson Bennett

NML Paterson Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Manga Morrison Bamba Cunningham

Arter Gunnarsson Bennett

NML Paterson Murphy
    No Camasara or Reid?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    No Camasara or Reid?
    I think this game will require even more of the same at Palace, plus, surely Camarasa needs a rest at this point, he must be knackered. Reid for myself despite being talented, just doesn't suit being up top on his own. I'd like to see him up top with someone, or just in behind, but Warnock doesn't seem to be interested too much in setting up that way, nor do I think this would be the game to do so.

I say this in all seriousness, if neither Paterson or Zohore are available then I would start Madine, he does actually have some aerial prowess. Besides, if Gary scores, we're on the pitch.

I think this game will require even more of the same at Palace, plus, surely Camarasa needs a rest at this point, he must be knackered. Reid for myself despite being talented, just doesn't suit being up top on his own. I'd like to see him up top with someone, or just in behind, but Warnock doesn't seem to be interested too much in setting up that way, nor do I think this would be the game to do so.

I say this in all seriousness, if neither Paterson or Zohore are available then I would start Madine, he does actually have some aerial prowess. Besides, if Gary scores, we're on the pitch.
    He scored a cracker in the warm up yesterday.

• Leicester won the reverse fixture against Cardiff 1-0 this season - they last won consecutive games against the Bluebirds in all competitions in September 2010.
    • Cardiff City have not scored more than twice in a game versus Leicester in all competitions in any of their last 12 clashes.
    • Leicester City have won seven of their last 10 Premier League games against newly-promoted teams (D2 L1).
    • No side has scored fewer goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League games this season than either Leicester or Cardiff (1, level with Crystal Palace).
    • Leicester are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since a run of four in December 2017.
    • No side has won more points from losing positions in the Premier League this season than Leicester (12, level with Arsenal).
    • Cardiff are winless in 11 Premier League away games (D2 L9), with the Bluebirds failing to score on seven occasions in that run.
    • Just one of Cardiff's last eight Premier League goals has been scored before half-time.
    • Leicester's Jamie Vardy has played three league games against Cardiff without scoring - he's only faced Blackpool and Hull (4 each) more often in the English Football League without scoring.

Lot of optimism on this board after the draw ato Palace. I don't share that, Leicester are a decent outfit, 2nd tier after the big guns. Having said that stranger things have happened and no doubt Arter and Gunner will be back after being rested. Patterson too, possibly.

Be good to frustrate them the same way we done to Palace however we cannot afford them 31 shots at goal with the quality they have.
    What I would give to go 1-0 up for a change.

Hasn't Maguire reportedly said, Madine is one of the toughest forward he's played against?

Give him a run ,good chance for a run out or shop window moment .

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Lot of optimism on this board after the draw ato Palace. I don't share that, Leicester are a decent outfit, 2nd tier after the big guns. Having said that stranger things have happened and no doubt Arter and Gunner will be back after being rested. Patterson too, possibly.
    Yes and they are the better type of closing down harrassment players , its was a good shout to rest them in my view , perhaps NW fancied this game as a better chance drawn game , than Palace.??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hasn't Maguire reportedly said, Madine is one of the toughest forward he's played against?

Give him a run ,good chance for a run out or shop window moment .
    The few times I've seen Madine he looks very raw and doubt he'd be allowed to play the way he has done in the past by the EPL refs.
    If we are chasing the game then maybe bring him on but even then, lumping the ball up to him won't do us many favours unless he's supported.
    Can't see him featuring but even if he doesn't play, I'd still see some interest in Madine from other clubs.

Bennet dropped again Cunningham starts

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Bennet dropped again Cunningham starts
    I wouldn’t say he’s been dropped. It was his first game back after injury so rotation is key with the size of the squad we have.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes and they are the better type of closing down harrassment players , its was a good shout to rest them in my view , perhaps NW fancied this game as a better chance drawn game , than Palace.??
    Really? If we are to pick up any points away I would pick palace over Leicester

Not confident about this but Morrison to score as I've taken him out of my fantasy league squad.

This ref is a **** already

Cunningham? Might as well give them a 1 goal head start.

Best opening 15 minutes away from home all season. Lets keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That spell of attacking 10-15mins was probably the best I've seen city play for ages.

Hoilett looks half asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It was good. Fallen off a bit since. Under the cosh now.

Having another nice spell.

Wish Murphy would stop trying to cut inside every time he gets the ball

Manga spraying passes out to the wings Neils team talk must have been fantastic today!