+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January window

January window

How the **** does it work
    If we sign a player on the 01/01
    do we need to leave one of the orginal 25 out
    Can we replace say ward with pilks on 01/01

Re: January window

According to this, we can make squad changes in January. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ealed-13056532

If it was up to me, I'd put Tomlin and Pilkington in the 25 if we can't bring anyone in. Damour and Madine can go.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    According to this, we can make squad changes in January. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ealed-13056532

If it was up to me, I'd put Tomlin and Pilkington in the 25 if we can't bring anyone in. Damour and Madine can go.
    Tomlin's joining Peterborough on loan, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tomlin's joining Peterborough on loan, isn't he?
    Wasn't aware of that. Shame as he's a player that might just do something out of nothing to help the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wasn't aware of that. Shame as he's a player that might just do something out of nothing to help the cause.
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...rest-of-season

Not official yet - Steve Evans jumped the gun with his announcement - but very likely.

I'd definitely like Pilks in the squad, not sure Tomlin's got it in him to offer anything

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd definitely like Pilks in the squad, not sure Tomlin's got it in him to offer anything
    ^^this

Whatever we do, I just hope it gets done sooner rather than later. We've got some "winnable" games in January. It would be a real waste if we don't get anything done in time for the Huddersfield game.

I'd like to swap Pilks with Damour if we don't get anyone in

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd like to swap Pilks with Damour if we don't get anyone in
    Pilks is a very strange one when warnock is bemoaning not having bodies and this guy has played wherever he’s been told and knows where the net is he’s certainly get in, in place of marine imo, if zohore is out for awhile does he drop out of the 25 man squad?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Pilks is a very strange one when warnock is bemoaning not having bodies and this guy has played wherever he’s been told and knows where the net is he’s certainly get in, in place of marine imo, if zohore is out for awhile does he drop out of the 25 man squad?
    I don't know how many starts Zohore has had, but he has no goals in 7 appearances and has been kept out of the team by Callum Paterson. What's the point in keeping him in the 25?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't know how many starts Zohore has had, but he has no goals in 7 appearances and has been kept out of the team by Callum Paterson. What's the point in keeping him in the 25?
    Because if he gets back to his best, he's better than any other striker in the club.

He showed signs of getting there in his cameo against Man Utd, but more to the point Warnock has said he has been impressing in training over the last 3 weeks. If his latest injury means he will be missing for just 2-3 weeks then I cannot see any argument for dropping him from the 25 man squad.

He may fall away again with his form, or he may end up with a catalogue of minor injuries that rule him out for most of the rest of the season, but if he does get back in the groove and stays fit he could well be the difference between the Premier League and the Championship next season. Warnock doesn't do sentiment (in my opinion) and despite his frustrations he seems willing to persevere with Ken - surely the right call!

I would give Tomlin and Pilks a game in the game match.
    Last chance saloon

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I would give Tomlin and Pilks a game in the game match.
    Last chance saloon
    Sounds game to me.